[Q] How to S-on And Locked My bootloader of htc desire s

Search This thread

Mushtaq.hussain

Aug 22, 2014
Karachi
How to S-on and locked bootloader of htc desire s?
I Unlock the bootloader to install custom rom but i want to want lock again the bootloader not relocked fully locked

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
How to S-on and locked bootloader of htc desire s?
I Unlock the bootloader to install custom rom but i want to want lock again the bootloader not relocked fully locked

That depends on how you gained s-off. If you did it via revolutionary then there is a fast boot command that allows you to flash a stock hboot. This will make you s-on again and your hboot should become locked but such moves can be dangerous if you are not fully on stock. Some htc devices like the htc sensation will brick if you return to s-on and are not fully stock, as the hboot detects that custom software is being used and it refuses to boot. Which leaves you in quite a pinch as you would need s-off to fix it :/

If you used the xtc clip to gain s-off then the same dangers apply but you need a different fastboot command. In order to return to locked and not relocked you would need to edit your misc partition with a hex editor to show it has never been unlocked.

Lastly if you are s-off by xtc clip, but using the revolutionary hboot for the bonus fastboot commands you would need to run then revolutionary hboot downgrade command, then do the hex editing and finally run the xtc clip s-on command.

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk