Can someone try internet2.voicestream.com on the G2?

Search This thread

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
He's right. Back in the day, I tried changing apns and data plans and phone registered to the account but nothing works. The only conclusion is they are checking by the imei. Last year, I got the loyalty plan for twenty bucks too. I love retention. That's how I got the g2 for 200 even though I just bought the stupid mts 4 months ago.

J-Hop2o6

Aug 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
no it's not them enforcing smartphone plan.
Look at the HD2, you can run it on internet2.voicestream.com

why don't u people just stfu and listen...
If it's a T-mobile branded Android phone, IT WILL NOT WORK ON $10 web2go

T-Mo doesn't care what u use with WM devices since not alot of ppl use WM on T-Mo anyways.. im using my TP2 on $5.99 t-zones.. but yea, T-Mo upsells their branded Android phones.. T-Mo doesn't have the unbranded IMEI's, so they can't do anything.

D

diversificationied

Can someone with a G2 actually try this?

I know everyone is shouting "no you can't", but I haven't seen anyone actually say "I just tried it and no go".

Just people with different phones in their sigs.

The price difference between buying outright/web2go and "upgrade"/android plan is about $180 dollars.

Last edited:

theclueless

Jul 30, 2008
Chicago
Can someone with a G2 actually try this?

I know everyone is shouting "no you can't", but I haven't seen anyone actually say "I just tried it and no go".

Just people with different phones in their sigs.

The price difference between buying outright/web2go and "upgrade"/android plan is about $180 dollars.

i already said this a while back: it will work for a couple of hours until tmobile registered your imei, then every time you visit a site it will redirect you to the web2go site for upgrade

SuperDave81

Mar 25, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Just log into t-mobile. Then go to your account. Then click "not my phone". Change it to some non smart phone. Then go change your options on your line, drop the adroid package for $30 per month and add the $10 unlimited data for phones. Worked on my wife's line with a G1!!!

Aphotix

Apr 5, 2008
As a side note, the mms settings are for epc only, and changing to internet2 may prevent you from receiving mms on some devices. The g2 has a seperate mms apn, but phones like the vibrant do not.

My phone works fine on internet2, however my dataplan will run basic web on pretty much any phone

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

SuperDave81

Mar 25, 2010
Bay Area, CA
UPDATE: After 5 days tmo finally caught on and the wife's G1 ginally got the upgrade message... :( I'll call the loyalty dept tomorrow to get the $20 plan.

scrizz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 9, 2010
Tampa, FL
UPDATE: After 5 days tmo finally caught on and the wife's G1 ginally got the upgrade message... :( I'll call the loyalty dept tomorrow to get the $20 plan.

You see!
You guys really need to listen...

There's a reason why we say it will not work.
We have already been down that road, and it will not work.
:p

Hope the experience taught you something.
:rolleyes:

atomiq

Jan 19, 2010
does not work, i got my new G2 and worked for a couple of hours but then after some hours stopped working and showing the upgrade message..

does anybody know if this works with the TMO SAMSUNG GALAXY TABLET?