[Q] Series of forced-close[s] during system startup following nandroid restore
The situation is as follows:
- Done a nandroid backup using a certain kernel and CWM
- Installed various ROMs
- Trying to restore my original ROM, using the same kernel and CWM version that created it
- The system boots, showing the startup animation (in this case the cellphone carrier animation, after
the Samsung logo) and gets stuck, vibrating every once in a while like in forced-closes.
My guess is that some system process crashes or fails to start, dragging the rest of the system with it. I just don't know why it would happen after a nandroid recovery with the same kernel and CWM version, factory wipe, formatting etc.
- Tried a factory reset + cache wipe + dalvik cache wipe
- Tried formatting the various partitions and re-partitioning using a 512 PIT file
- Tried flashing similar (slightly earlier or later) ROMs through Odin, then restoring
I do have a Titanium backup in place, but not an Odin-flashable version of this ROM, so this isn't the end of the world, but it will force me to switch a ROM at an odd timing if I don't solve this.