Here is the Answer to your Question
Before goind ahead make sure that you havee Sony pc Companion installed and you have the drivers installed in your computer.
You will have to set up ADB and enable usb debugging.
We will be refering to this thread its a Very Good thread
All in One. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2302700
How To Root-Xperia L
PART A(FULL ROOT):-
1. Backup your device's TA. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2292598 (This Step IS Very Important)
2. Unlock Bootloader. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2332900
To check if your device bootloader is unlocked you can type
In your device, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If you see Bootloader unlock done this means that your bootloader is unlocked.
Now you have two methods you can either flash a custom kernel or you can use motochopper.
Note :- Make sure to checks the bugs of the kernels I would recommend you to use the Extended Stock Kernel with the module you can get It here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2321550 But make sure you falsh the module too to get your Wifi working.You will have to use flashtools by Bin4ry to flash the kernel
Extract the boot.img and flash only the boot.img from flashtools.
3. Flash a Custom kernel. Extended: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2321550
OR Vengeance: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=42593123
If you don't want to flash a kernel,
3. Use motochopper to root.
4. Push SU to /system in SU-> Settings -> Push SU to /system.
*If you're facing any problems and want to unroot,
1. Just download this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...otkeeper&hl=en
and click on delete SU Backup!
2. Go into Superuser app > Settings > Scroll down and click on 'Full Unroot'
So now you have Unlocked bootloader
Fully Rooted device
And a Custom Kernel if you have flashed one.
The Only Thing missing is a Very Good Rom You can Get a Custom Rom Here IF you Want its super smooth.
Hit The Thank Button If I Have Helped You
My Device Info :-
Cleaned and tweaked Rom V3
Extended stock Kernel (with module V3 installed)
History:- HTC Hero G2(the second Android phone )