HTC Sensation battery life - your experience

Search This thread

aNYthing24

May 25, 2011
NYC
I'm in the same boat as you. Really awful battery life. I can't make it past 7-8 hours with some moderate use. Just waiting for the time to pass so I can get a warranty replacement.

Over Achiever

Dec 29, 2007
San Jose, CA
I've actually used it and have been pretty happy with the battery life. I use medical apps during the day while in the hospital, keep the phone on 4G while in the hospital, no wifi, bluetooth and gps still on because I'm too lazy to turn them off every time i get out of my car in the morning. I'll send/receive e-mails throughout the day, and use the browser to look things up on UpToDate. My screen is locked at about 30% brightness. Email sync is set to push, two exchange accounts and two gmail accounts.

I've lasted a 14 hour day at work with 20-30% battery remaining. Haven't had to use my second battery which I bought just in case. Quite happy with the results.

mahdibassam

Jul 31, 2009
Auckland
Asus ROG Phone 7 / 7 Ultimate
I've actually used it and have been pretty happy with the battery life. I use medical apps during the day while in the hospital, keep the phone on 4G while in the hospital, no wifi, bluetooth and gps still on because I'm too lazy to turn them off every time i get out of my car in the morning. I'll send/receive e-mails throughout the day, and use the browser to look things up on UpToDate. My screen is locked at about 30% brightness. Email sync is set to push, two exchange accounts and two gmail accounts.

I've lasted a 14 hour day at work with 20-30% battery remaining. Haven't had to use my second battery which I bought just in case. Quite happy with the results.

hmmm... i came from a Samsung Galaxy S II and what you described is my experience with the SGS II, but on the Sensation i can't get past 7-8 hours atm. have to wait and see what happens.

swiftinmotion

Jul 25, 2010
San jose
All i seem to come across is people saying how horrible battery life is..Last night when i plugged my phone on the charger i cracked 20 hours without a charge..

As im typing this im currently at 15 hours with 47% left.. text a LOT, play plants vs zombies and listen to pandora in my car to and from work..

Maybe im just the lucky one eh? :cool:

hycian

Oct 1, 2009
Hey guys, take a look at this Sensation interview from Anandtech which shows exceptional battery life while browsing with 3G Data, but not so much with Wifi. Are you guys experiencing similar battery usage?

I'm looking to upgrade from a Nexus One and judging from their tests, Sensation will bring me nearly double the 3G browsing time, this sounds too good to be true with the dual core processor and a bigger screen!

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4471/htc-sensation-4g-review-a-sensational-smartphone/10

39234.png

39235.png

39236.png

39251.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Greight

Profondo_Rosso

Sep 22, 2010
I'm getting 15-17 hours with moderate use pretty consistently. I don't turn off anything either, but do keep my screen brightness around 30-40%

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4g with extreme prejudice

Angelmsx

Oct 31, 2010
I've been using my bell sensation on wifi since I got it (waiting for sim unlocks to be available) and surprisingly the battery life has been exceptional. Getting about 15h with heavy usage and almost 5h of on screen time. I've cycled battery twice since I've gotten it on Tuesday. Pretty surprised since I don't recall my N1 lasting as long when I first got it

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Lakeshow423

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
I use to get 12-14 hours with moderate to heavy use at times using stock settings. I'm now at 14 hours with 48% left after taking all the bloatware out and freezing them in TB! Eugene hooked it up with his temp root file!

ccampbell1

Jul 16, 2007
I'm sitting at 13% after 15 hours right now. That's with medium usage - a fair amount of Twitter, browsing, forums throughout the day, screen at 25%, and my Google, Twitter and Facebook accounts auto-syncing. I have as much bloatware turned off as I can, given I'm not rooted.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

DrBrick

Jan 18, 2009
17h 34m off charger and at 36%. i have had the phone for about two weeks and i am very impressed with the battery life. i can use it all day (mostly wifi) and not have to worry about charging it.

DeezNotes

Apr 14, 2010
Baltimore
I'm coming from the Samsung Fascinate (Verizon CDMA Galaxy S) and I'm very happy with the battery life on the Sensation.

Twice this past week I forgot to charge the phone and went 1 day + 6 hours before the phone started to alert me that I was at 10-20%.

I'm real cautious as to what syncs automatically and what syncs manually. I don't use Twitter, but I do use most of everything else. The only thing that I can remember off-hand that syncs automatically is 1 of my gmail accounts to the HTC E-mail app. Everything else is on a delayed schedule, but syncs when I open those respective apps.

zim2dive

Feb 15, 2007
NC
Hey guys, take a look at this Sensation interview from Anandtech which shows exceptional battery life while browsing with 3G Data, but not so much with Wifi. Are you guys experiencing similar battery usage?

I'm looking to upgrade from a Nexus One and judging from their tests, Sensation will bring me nearly double the 3G browsing time, this sounds too good to be true with the dual core processor .....

unless you are doing something which is _using_ both cores, the 8260 allows each core to be scaled separately, so there's no automatic power penalty as there is with some of the other dual core processors.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My battery life is awfull! I get three hours of screen time and i have to charge it every evening.
    Not very happy...
    Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

Get an anker 1900 mah battery, I've had it for about 4 days now and i get GREAT battery life And already at 2 hours of screen on time still have 58% battery life

Sent from my Sensation using xda app-developers app
    I'm coming from the Samsung Fascinate (Verizon CDMA Galaxy S) and I'm very happy with the battery life on the Sensation.

Twice this past week I forgot to charge the phone and went 1 day + 6 hours before the phone started to alert me that I was at 10-20%.

I'm real cautious as to what syncs automatically and what syncs manually. I don't use Twitter, but I do use most of everything else. The only thing that I can remember off-hand that syncs automatically is 1 of my gmail accounts to the HTC E-mail app. Everything else is on a delayed schedule, but syncs when I open those respective apps.
    Guys, I bought an anker 1900 mah battery and I notice a huge improvement in battery life after only 5 days, either that or my previous stock battery was totally worn out.

P.S. had the brightness on full all day and was using it heavily.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trust me it'll get even better in time. :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app
    I guess I'll be ordering mine soon from Amazon.

On a slightly unrelated note could anyone recommend a 32gb microsd card? My 8gb is full :p

Yep the sandisk 32gb class 10 its a great little microsd card and its only 26 bucks on amazon. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    This might be Off-Topic but does HTC Sensation XE Battery works well with normal Sensation?
    Yes.