Android v3.2 for the Galaxy Tab 10.1v confirmed by Vodafone

Search This thread

olisun39

Jun 4, 2010
Probably not but you have to provide more information such as what did you do and what are the symptoms.

I installed the OTA version using the CMW recovery and did a factory reset before reboot..

Previously I had a blank screen with constant reboot but now I only got a blank screen.

I can get into the APX mode but cannot perform a nvflash as it throws a 0X4 error.

makbil

Sep 4, 2008
Bodrum
I installed the OTA version using the CMW recovery and did a factory reset before reboot..

Previously I had a blank screen with constant reboot but now I only got a blank screen.

I can get into the APX mode but cannot perform a nvflash as it throws a 0X4 error.

The 0x4 is due to the encryption, we don't have the Secure Boot Key for our tablet. Details here.
Looks like you really have bricked your tab. Those are the same symptoms that others had and there wasn't a way to fix it.

SjPedro22

Apr 2, 2011
I wonder what they mean with:

Changes specific to the 10.1v? We've definitely confirmed a future software release for the 10.1v, whether that is in the form of a maintenance release to add USB host support, or something remains to be seen.

Is this another shallow promise or something else in the works?
I wish it would mean the release of official ICS, but the story with this device so far is "Don't believe the hype"

Reactions: makbil

twigster

Nov 16, 2009
Johannesburg
I wonder what they mean with:

Is this another shallow promise or something else in the works?
I wish it would mean the release of official ICS, but the story with this device so far is "Don't believe the hype"

Regardless of the history and the future of our devices, I take my hat off to Tim. not saying he's the only one trying to help but he's the face of the few who seem to care at Vodafone. Here in South Africa we've seen no assistance regarding updates from Vodacom. Support requests were futile with no followup apart from by us.
This is also not saying that he is the reason we got some Corporate support, but it sure feels like it.

My hat goes off to Tim for trying and as always the devs on XDA for doing what they can with a problematic device.
(Just felt the need to say something)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Reactions: richard2311

SjPedro22

Apr 2, 2011
Regardless of the history and the future of our devices, I take my hat off to Tim. not saying he's the only one trying to help but he's the face of the few who seem to care at Vodafone. Here in South Africa we've seen no assistance regarding updates from Vodacom. Support requests were futile with no followup apart from by us.
This is also not saying that he is the reason we got some Corporate support, but it sure feels like it.

My hat goes off to Tim for trying and as always the devs on XDA for doing what they can with a problematic device.
(Just felt the need to say something)

You misunderstand me, I got complete confidence in customer support from Vodafone and Tim has been very patient and supportive through this whole deal.
I don't have confidence though in Samsung or Google for that matter.
They seem to be more interested in the next best thing. Samsung releases as much devices as much as I change underwear! The support they give to individual devices already on the market seems to be slim to none being this my second Samsung device, it's a very educated and informed guess ;)

twigster

Nov 16, 2009
Johannesburg
You misunderstand me, I got complete confidence in customer support from Vodafone and Tim has been very patient and supportive through this whole deal.
I don't have confidence though in Samsung or Google for that matter.
They seem to be more interested in the next best thing. Samsung releases as much devices as much as I change underwear! The support they give to individual devices already on the market seems to be slim to none being this my second Samsung device, it's a very educated and informed guess ;)

No misunderstanding, I'm sure a lot of people echo your feelings and mine. In the end we expect to get resistance from one place or another.

XaMaB

Jun 24, 2008
Sofia
I just noticed that the 3.2.1 update (P7100BULB4) is now available for download on sammobile.com.

Acidrain81

Jan 6, 2010
Lousy support by samsung and especially vodafone! It's my own fault I bought this tablet. I should have learned from my previous purchase of HTC magic (vodafone), which didn't get any single firmware upgrade. Without the condribution of the custom ROM developers, I would have been stuck to version 1.5 (cupcake).
It's a pity that they don't support their products. It's no use to roll out a really good product, without support. They are pushing people to iOS. At least if you own an apple product, you are sure that you will get updates for a period of time.
For the record..
The Magic received an update long time ago... I flashed my old Magic from custom back to stock more then a year ago i believe...

Top Liked Posts