DISCONTINUED [DEV][WIP] ICS / CM9 (4.0.4) Alpha 5 - 3.1 kernel

Search This thread

shpitz

Sep 30, 2007
What version of Flash should I install IN the current version of CM Alpha 1?
I have problems at several sites.

Trumpfz

Jan 9, 2010
Because there are still huge problems with Wifi and for me also with the battery which is empty within half a day when I put the Folio in standby... I ask myself if it is possible to make a backup of the CM9 installation and flash CM7.1 (which battery drain is much lower right now) without changing anything on the recovery. So I can restore the backup of CM9 or CM7.1 whenever I want to ?

Or is the recovery needed for this CM9 Rom not compatible with the CM7.1 Rom from the other thread ?

DT84

Mar 23, 2008
As written in the first post, this recovery cannot be used to install other ROMs.

By the way, I can't wait for the next update, I hope it won't take long. :D

nic333

Dec 17, 2010
Problem with USB Host Port

I have installed ICS ROM from CWM 5.5.0.4.
Before I had CM7.1 and it works perfectly, now the pc (win xp) finds a new hardware but do not install USB drivers and on Folio there is only the USB debug connected. I have tried to disinstalled usb drivers and manually link android_winusb.inf but it's the same.
Sameone have problem with USB Host Port?
Sameone can help me?
Thank you.

DT84

Mar 23, 2008
If I remember it correctly, with ICS stock the tablet can't be seen as an USB drive. Not sure about that though...

nic333

Dec 17, 2010
I don't think it's a problem of ICS stock because I have a Galaxy S Vibrant with ICS 4.0.3 ROM too and when I connect it with usb cable to the same PC (win xp) on ICS starts USB debug and USB mass store and on the PC I can view the internal sd and the external sd of the Galaxy S.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

With USBDeview I have noticed that now the tablet is detected with the name Folio100:

folio100 folio100 Vendor Specific No No No No 0123456789ABCDEF 13/02/2012 12.47.47 13/02/2012 16.40.49 0955 6860 99.99 ff 42 01 USB\Vid_0955&Pid_6860\0123456789ABCDEF

Before with CM7.1 the tablet was detected with the name Tegra2.
DerArtem and Nopy, can I Know if yours Folio works like USB mass storage when connected with usb cable to a pc?
Thank you.

kgerva

Sep 8, 2009
on the first post:

Things that don't work yet
Miniusb

I think that they know the problem

Bye

nic333

Dec 17, 2010
Thanks for replay (I have to go to the oculist :eek:).

Things that don't work yet:
miniUSB Hotplug (You must connect the Folio to the PC while it is off or in suspend to get it work)

I have tried to connect it while folio is off or suspend than turn on folio but pc detect hardware named Folio100 and don't work.
Ok maybe in alpha 2 ...
Bye.

sony_tornado

Dec 8, 2010
shenzhen
Recovery
- IMG format : Flash this recovery using fastboot https://rapidshare.com/files/1261762467/cwm-recovery-5.5.0.4.img

Boot the device using the power + power + power + volume up key combo , then on the PC do in command line :
Code:
fastboot flash recovery  cwm-recovery-5.5.0.4.img

- ZIP format : Flash using previous clockworkmod recovery https://rapidshare.com/files/2672749064/cwm-recovery-5.5.0.4.zip

- ZIP format for original recovery : put it in your sdcard, rename it to update.zip , and launch original recovery ( Power, vol+ , then vol+, vol-, vol+ ) https://rapidshare.com/files/1226631729/for-orig-recovery.zip

!!! WARNING !!! Don't reflash this update if your are already on 5.5.0.4
!!! WARNING !!! Don't flash another rom update with this recovery

This recovery use a new mapping, use power to select.

Changelog

- 29/01/2012
Initial alpha

Please anyone sent this recovery for original to my mail box: wollong.yy@gmail.com
Because in China I can't connect to RepidShare website~!!!!
Thank you very much!!!

acca

Oct 15, 2006
Hi

I have installed last version, browser closes after some minutes.

I am alone with this bug ?

Regards
And thanks for devs work

DerArtem

Apr 13, 2010
Bad Homburg
I have installed ICS ROM from CWM 5.5.0.4.
Before I had CM7.1 and it works perfectly, now the pc (win xp) finds a new hardware but do not install USB drivers and on Folio there is only the USB debug connected. I have tried to disinstalled usb drivers and manually link android_winusb.inf but it's the same.
Sameone have problem with USB Host Port?
Sameone can help me?
Thank you.

You have to manually edit the inf file of the android drivers and fill in the correct USB ID's.

Android 4.x does share the internal and external flash using MTP.

DT84

Mar 23, 2008
Few questions:

1) how is it going with updates? :)

2) how much RAM does the Folio 100 have? Some says 1 GB, others say 512 MB, and I'm a little confused. From what I see, this ROM recognizes 512 MB, but I'm still not sure my tablet has just 1/2 GB. Anyway, browsing XDA I've seen some users have a label near the battery that says the tablet features 1 GB RAM, unfortunately I've removed the black panel and I couldn't find such a label. :(
So, is there a way to check the real amount of RAM?

DocUHT

May 17, 2010
Clermont-Ferrand
From command line you should be able to see total RAM by using "top" or "free -mt" commands (without quotes)

Sent from my folio100 using xda premium

botto00

Jun 5, 2009
Few questions:

1) how is it going with updates? :)

2) how much RAM does the Folio 100 have? Some says 1 GB, others say 512 MB, and I'm a little confused. From what I see, this ROM recognizes 512 MB, but I'm still not sure my tablet has just 1/2 GB. Anyway, browsing XDA I've seen some users have a label near the battery that says the tablet features 1 GB RAM, unfortunately I've removed the black panel and I couldn't find such a label. :(
So, is there a way to check the real amount of RAM?
Far as I know the European version and American version have 512MB of ram. The 1GB version I think is the Asian version

DT84

Mar 23, 2008
From command line you should be able to see total RAM by using "top" or "free -mt" commands (without quotes)

Sent from my folio100 using xda premium
Isn't it the same as checking the available RAM using the Settings?
Far as I know the European version and American version have 512MB of ram. The 1GB version I think is the Asian version

Uhm... I don't know where my Folio is from. :D

Is there a way to check it, even though I really doubt it comes from Asia...

Top Liked Posts