[Q] HTC One Radio update

Search This thread

NajdSyr

Dec 27, 2013
Hi

So i rooted my htc one(International) while ago and then flashed it and now i have Android Revolution HD 41.0 but I noticed that my Baseband (radio) is 4A.17.3250.14 and i noticed some bad Wifi performance and i was wondering if i should update it and how to do so ?

Also an outside question plz :D when i go to fastboot i read that My device is : Unlocked , Tampered , and S-ON .

do i have to have S-OFF ? or its just the right way now ?

Thank you in advance and sorry if my questions are bit nooby .

Best regards

JasSingh93

Jun 8, 2013
Lincoln
From what i've read, it is generally recommended to match the firmware version of your phone to the ROM you're using. The firmware packages always include the radio updates.

I believe Android Revolution HD 41 is based on the latest official 4.06.1540.3 update.

You need S-OFF to flash radios or firmware, or it will just return with an error
Take a look at this thread, it has all the information about firmware updates, how to flash them and how to gain S-OFF. With S-OFF you can also get rid of that annoying "TAMPERED" message :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2365506

I've generally not noticed a huge difference in network strength, but there has been some noticeable increases, (an extra bar for 3G signal in some places for example).

I'm currently running ViperOne 4, which is based off the same version as android revolution hd 41, also updated to the latest firmware version :D

NajdSyr

Dec 27, 2013
Thx for the reply , i would like someone to confirm me that Android Revolution is updating the RADIO firmware ( wifi , radio signal .. etc ) with in each rom he makes ? i got the 41 version so i dont mind being 1 firmware behind , but i read somewhere that he is not including any radio firmware updates . and this sounds logical coz i got S-ON and i am able to install this custom rom but still updating radio needs S-OFF .. so i think i still got my android 4.2.2 firmware ?

is that correct or i m just not getting it right :/

Best regards

JasSingh93

Jun 8, 2013
Lincoln
You are mostly correct. You would still be on 4.2.2 based off your radio version. ROMs don't include firmware updates. You need to flash those manually.

Only the official HTC updaters (RUUs) contain both ROM and firmware updates. Flashing custom ROMs don't include firmware.

NajdSyr

Dec 27, 2013
You are mostly correct. You would still be on 4.2.2 based off your radio version. ROMs don't include firmware updates. You need to flash those manually.

Only the official HTC updaters (RUUs) contain both ROM and firmware updates. Flashing custom ROMs don't include firmware.

is there a Noob guide on how to update my firmware without geting the Brick risk and how to come back to Revolution HD after that ? and where can i find the latest firmware for my mobile which is international ..

THanks in advance

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
is there a Noob guide on how to update my firmware without geting the Brick risk and how to come back to Revolution HD after that ? and where can i find the latest firmware for my mobile which is international ..

THanks in advance

here's a collection of Radios that can be flashed the same as a rom (no s-off needed)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2419699

and here's Vomer's Ultimate AIO for Firmware
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2365506

NajdSyr

Dec 27, 2013
Just which on of this list can suit my mobile ? GE is google edition which i cant use , but will (4.4 Developer Edition OTA) Radio_4A.22.3263.14_10.38n.1157.04L be good enough to work on my mobile ?

my mobile info :

M7_U PVT S-ON RH
hboot 1.54
Radio-4A.17.3250.14

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Just which on of this list can suit my mobile ? GE is google edition which i cant use , but will (4.4 Developer Edition OTA) Radio_4A.22.3263.14_10.38n.1157.04L be good enough to work on my mobile ?

my mobile info :

M7_U PVT S-ON RH
hboot 1.54
Radio-4A.17.3250.14

it's just like they say in the thread
everyone is different it's trial and error .. they will all work but whats best for me may suck for you. That being said I use RadioUpdate_4A.21.3263.03_10.38m.1157.04L.zip with my AT&T One in central FL. I have tried many others but it seems I always end back at this one for best radio performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: NajdSyr

NajdSyr

Dec 27, 2013
everyone is different it's trial and error .. they will all work but whats best for me may suck for you. That being said I use RadioUpdate_4A.21.3263.03_10.38m.1157.04L.zip with my AT&T One in central FL. I have tried many others but it seems I always end back at this one for best radio performance.

in Faq it says :

Q: Do I need S-OFF for firmware flashing?

A: YES!

and in the same time u said no s-off needed ... im kind of lost , also please correct me if i am wrong , i will copy the firmware to my sd and then go to twrp and flash it ? or i should flash it using cmd ?

Thanks again for your patience ... im noob in this field .

Best regards

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
in Faq it says :

Q: Do I need S-OFF for firmware flashing?

A: YES!

and in the same time u said no s-off needed ... im kind of lost , also please correct me if i am wrong , i will copy the firmware to my sd and then go to twrp and flash it ? or i should flash it using cmd ?

Thanks again for your patience ... im noob in this field .

Best regards

your not flashing Firmware your flashing a Radio .. theirs a Huge difference

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
ohhh didnt notice :D , whats the difference ? and can i flash it using twrp ?

Difference
flashing radio - no s-off required
boot to recovery, choose install, pick radio.zip, flash, reboot

Flashing Firmware - s-off required
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware_3.62.401.1.zip
fastboot flash zip firmware_3.62.401.1.zip - yes two times
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

Reactions: NajdSyr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

my mobile info :

M7_U PVT S-ON RH
    hboot 1.54
    Radio-4A.17.3250.14

ohhh didnt notice :D , whats the difference ? and can i flash it using twrp ?

Difference
    flashing radio - no s-off required
    boot to recovery, choose install, pick radio.zip, flash, reboot

Flashing Firmware - s-off required
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot flash zip firmware_3.62.401.1.zip
    fastboot flash zip firmware_3.62.401.1.zip - yes two times
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot