Scoot CyanogenMod 6.1.2 (RLS6) [16.03.2011]

Search This thread

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
Scoot,

What's the way if I want to remove any of your preinstalled app after the installation? I tried through Manage Application but Uninstall is disabled. Any ideas?

If they are installed on the system partion (most likely) you'll need to edit the androidinstal.tar or perhaps adb.. duno really.

Question, what radio do you advise? 1.65 or 1.7* ??

Kernel: 2.6.32.9 scooter@scooter-N50Vc #1 on NAND
CyanogenMod 6.1 Barebones "GT" Stable 4.5 Odex
edited to add custom hosts file and some more apps.

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
Strangely... those are the apps that are usually missing from recent light/fast roms, that i always install. Starting to check the androidinstall.tar for the missing ones ... ;)

mizad09

Feb 22, 2009
Sincelejo
It Worked

Thanks for the feedback. Have you enabled the 'system persistent' option in ADW settings? When you do this the home orientation doesn't work properly. The 'home orientation' setting in 'ADW Settings-system preferences' should be set to 'auto/sensor' and 'system persistent' unticked.

In terms of wiping data with a new build usually it is safest too however sometimes it doesn't cause an issue. You can backup your home screen/launcher settings to your sd card in ADW settings. I'd then recommend 'Titanium Backup' which you can install from market which will allow you to backup your apps and settings to your sd card and then restore them when you install a new build.

thanks man it worked, when can we see RLS5???

aceoyame

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2009
Word of advice, don't rush scoot with rls 5. Some people were having major issues with rls 4c so we want to definately get those resolved without introducing more issues. I know I for one if I was having these issues would want a not buggy build.

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
That's why I didn't want to slim down fat free any further because really random stuff is in weird places
Yes, using titanium backup is the easiest way of removing pre-installed apps if the system is already installed, just be careful what you remove, a surprising number of apk's are linked and will effect other parts of the system. Obviously any of the google apps can be removed.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

aceoyame

Jul 14, 2009
That's why I didn't want to slim down fat free any further because really random stuff is in weird places

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Indeed they are and even more so it seems in CM. I still remember that for some reason provision.apk was linked to the lock screen and the call receive screen and without it I had a huge bug in RLS 2 lol

object3d

Oct 25, 2010
Hello All,

One issue that came after more than 48 hours of usage with latest kernel and Scoot's latest CM Froyo. It out of no where showed white screen. I had to soft reset to restart it. It doesn't goes to even show a boot animation now. Shows commands with rpc_write(1,0, blaah blaah) and count is increasing. Cleared Dalik cache and all but to no luck.

I have Kaiser (panel 1) with no OC.

Thanks

aceoyame

Jul 14, 2009
That last step in the kernel is the last verbose command before it starts actually loading android. Sounds like it got corrupted.

scooter1556

Feb 13, 2008
Bristol
Hello All,

One issue that came after more than 48 hours of usage with latest kernel and Scoot's latest CM Froyo. It out of no where showed white screen. I had to soft reset to restart it. It doesn't goes to even show a boot animation now. Shows commands with rpc_write(1,0, blaah blaah) and count is increasing. Cleared Dalik cache and all but to no luck.

I have Kaiser (panel 1) with no OC.

Thanks

This does sound like a corrupt system which is unusual really, were used to data getting corrupt but not system. Are you using NAND for system and data? If so i hope your NAND chip isn't failing. I can understand the sorruption if your running from an ext2 partition on SD. Best thing to do is reinstall. Another tip which may help, when you get a white screen, i have occasionally found that holding down the power button which loads the shutdown menu will often bring the screen back to life :)

object3d

Oct 25, 2010
Yes I am using NAND for system and data. Was pretty much stable until this happened.

Well this message/commands didn't show until your latest build. I have just installed Cremsyn's build, Let's see how that goes.

Btw I didn't restart my phone since the installation hoping that this could go longer. Unlucky me :(

object3d

Oct 25, 2010
This does sound like a corrupt system which is unusual really, were used to data getting corrupt but not system. Are you using NAND for system and data? If so i hope your NAND chip isn't failing. I can understand the sorruption if your running from an ext2 partition on SD. Best thing to do is reinstall. Another tip which may help, when you get a white screen, i have occasionally found that holding down the power button which loads the shutdown menu will often bring the screen back to life :)

Hello Scoot,

I installed Cremsyn's Froyo and it also went fine for about 24 hours. Then when I shut it down again and restarted, the same thing started to happen. So what I did brings the phone back to life. At the boot menu, I did this is sequence:
1- Fix permissions
2- Clear Dalvik Cache
3- Wipe data
4- Start Recovery Mode
5- Exit

and the Android started to run though no app remained but good thing is I didn't need to reinstall the build. So it doesn't seem like corrupt system. Are you sure it is not related to kernel, because it never happened before?

scooter1556

Feb 13, 2008
Bristol
So it doesn't seem like corrupt system. Are you sure it is not related to kernel, because it never happened before?

It could easily be an issue with the kernel, the NAND driver has been modified by l1q1d recently and although i haven't experienced issues i know a few have. I've got some work to do on the kernel when i get a chance but i'm soooo busy at the moment unfortunately.

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
Hello Scoot,

I installed Cremsyn's Froyo and it also went fine for about 24 hours. Then when I shut it down again and restarted, the same thing started to happen. So what I did brings the phone back to life. At the boot menu, I did this is sequence:
1- Fix permissions
2- Clear Dalvik Cache
3- Wipe data
4- Start Recovery Mode
5- Exit

and the Android started to run though no app remained but good thing is I didn't need to reinstall the build. So it doesn't seem like corrupt system. Are you sure it is not related to kernel, because it never happened before?

it would be very unlikely to have the system partion damaged. it is usually mounted Read Only. That would mean: partition damaged outside android, or , very unlikely kernel bug/fs bug :D
~
IMHO

clemsyn

Sep 19, 2006
Hello Scoot,

1- Fix permissions
2- Clear Dalvik Cache
3- Wipe data
4- Start Recovery Mode
5- Exit

IMO, you didn't have to wipe your data. Just clearing the Dalvik Cache gets it running with my ROM (at least with my testing).

aceoyame

Jul 14, 2009
intead of a work around that is going to cause cache misses and be slower why not try to figure out why the dalvik cache is causing issues occasionally.

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
intead of a work around that is going to cause cache misses and be slower why not try to figure out why the dalvik cache is causing issues occasionally.

Ok, having SYS on nand, an DATA on nand... Android can only write to 2 things, Data partition, and SD Card (in fat32 i think... dunno about other FS on sd card).

So, the Dalvik cache is either in Data, where we are having lots of corruption, mostly on reboot without unmount, either by crash, or normal reboot, or SD. Yet i doubt its on the SD, for obvious reasons.
So to tackle this problem we would first need to solve the /data problem.

problem is, i haven't found a way of unmounting data... not even forcing...

This reminds me of USB Flash drives, and Windows2000, which had its caching policy all screwed up (fast writing vs fast removal), so we would copy, explorer would give the ok message (all copied) and slowly in the background start writing data to the usb mass storage, problem is, we would remove before it could have ended. result? nothing copied... and fat32 was kind enough not to give many errors (or not detecte them, i don't think fat32 as a incorrectly unmounted flag like ntfs...)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Scoot CyanogenMod 6.1.2 RLS6

This is a build i have compiled from the official CyanogenMod source files and adapted for Kaiser/Vogue. Feel free to give it a go at your own risk!

All the usual things are working.

**THIS BUILD WORKS BEST WITH RECENT 2.6.32 KERNELS**

The build includes all the latest modules for the latest 2.6.32 kernels. If you wish to use an older kernel remember to apply the appropriate module update that goes with it.

I have attached a kernel to this post which I personally use if you get stuck. Don't forget to modify it with ATools with your preferred settings.

All of this is thanks to the guys working on the CyanogenMod roms and of course, none of this would work without all the hard work on the kernel so big thanks to dzo, l1q1d etc...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RLS4c :
    Re-added YouTube app (Working a little better)
    Removed HTC keyboard (available as an update)
    Fixed Market
    Fixed Android Keyboard text prediction
    Updated Google Apps
    Removed & added some sounds
    Added CyanogenMod TS Calibration App
    Added DSP Manager
    Merged latest changes from CyanogenMod repo

RLS 5a:
    Updated ADW Launcher 1.3.3
    Messaging/Phone sliders on lockscreen (Enabled in 'Cyanogen Settings-Input Settings')
    Dismiss notifications by swiping
    Updated Terminal Emulator app
    Updated Google Apps
    Removed 'Reboot' option (It doesn't work on our phones)
    Configured to work with the latest 2.6.32 Kernels
    Many Modifications and fixes
    Merged latest changes from CyanogenMod repo
    Fixed Lock Screen Gestures
    Fixed some typos in a couple of the apps
    Cleaned up some files

RLS5.5 :
    No major changes, mainly changes in the build environment and behind the scenes
    Speed improvements
    Rotary lockscreen

RLS6 :
    Updated to the latest 6.1.2 stable source
    (Not much has changed CyanogenMod wise, changes are mainly in the AOSP Froyo source)
    Updated to the latest zram (Compcache) module (enabled by default)
    Updated to the latest Google Apps (Most are now in a separate update file below)
    Gmail, market and quicksearch is still included as well as all the necessary frameworks
    This is a complete rebuild from scratch because I lost the old stuff so some things may be different, let me know if you find anything weird :)
    I've done all I can to optimise this build and get the size down

LINKS:

RLS4c :
    English : http://www.mediafire.com/?787x5ii3tgpe5jz
    All Languages : http://www.mediafire.com/?59ak4cyh8igx2xx

RLS5a :
    English : http://www.mediafire.com/?hl8humvhi1e1llh
    All Languages : http://www.mediafire.com/?xfydit3ga2mqtfx

RLS5.5 :
    English : http://www.mediafire.com/?9k2kg9pdv63c4ed
    All Languages : http://www.mediafire.com/?66ee161ap7mq21e

RLS6 :
    English : http://www.mediafire.com/?hukxg7cucm8fp06
    All Languages : http://www.mediafire.com/?rrzwm7tgctl75bo

Updates
    HTC Keyboard Update : http://www.mediafire.com/?vi6g5ubz74kbdz5
    Camera Update : http://www.mediafire.com/?38o96l9ca18abge (Not needed for RLS6)

Google Apps
    28.04.11 : http://www.mediafire.com/?5w4yl4pkd3ncijz

I think that's it for now, have fun :)

Screenshots:

CAP201010252102.jpg
    CAP2010102521071.jpg
    CAP201010252109.jpg
    CAP201010252059.jpg
    CAP2010102521061.jpg

2.6.32 Kernel built from the latest source
    why this build doesnt work with 2.6.25 kernel?
    2.6.25 works well with yaffs.

I could probably get this build running on .25 but it would mean taking backwards steps in the functionality of the rom, not to mention a lot of time which i don't have. I think my time would be better spent fixing the yaffs issue in the .32 kernel which is my intention, rather then taking out new features so it works with outdated kernels.
    basically the screen loads, then it blanks out and reloads the home screen again, i cant even get into the settings to change the amount of screens or the system persistent, i feel your over clock might have something to do with it

Ok, i'll look into it, worked fine first time on my kaiser but i did modify the androidinstall.tar before installing. It could also be a widget that loads by default which is the issue so i'll try removing them.
    @thoughtlesskyle: that's due to the external-skia!! libskia.so is crashing (same for me when compiling from cm-source). I had to take out BLIT optimizations from skia to get it half working (browser still crashes). Though I am talking for my port on HTC Diamond & Co.!!!

I know there are issues with skia, but what is different between the vogue and kaiser hardware which means it doesn't crash on the Kaiser. I did make some modifications to skia so it would compile for our processors.
    I don't even have a clue! It must be something kernel-related cause I tried so many things on my HTC Diamond and couldn't bug that out...

Strange stuff!! I'll have a look into it, maybe try and replicate the issue on my device. Out of interest, which kernel are you running thoughtlesskyle???