[Q] How many hours of gaming do you get?

Search This thread

CheyTac-12

Apr 5, 2013
Hello.

I'd like to know how many hours your N7 lasts while gaming, from 100% to 10% at least.

pham818

Dec 4, 2011
Portland
I get around 4 hours of screen time with playing games for 4 hours straight only and doing nothing else. Maybe sometimes 5 hours. Why?

HTC Venom

Sep 16, 2012
amman
I get around five hours of playing games like jungle heat , strike fleet Nova , tap out Simpsons and. Minion s run . I keep my device cooler with glitch kernel
Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app

Reactions: CheyTac-12

CheyTac-12

Apr 5, 2013
I get around five hours of playing games like jungle heat , strike fleet Nova , tap out Simpsons and. Minion s run . I keep my device cooler with glitch kernel

What do you mean by "keeping my device cooler"? What does the heat have to do with battery life, and also, how can it actually decrease the heat?

HTC Venom

Sep 16, 2012
amman
What do you mean by "keeping my device cooler"? What does the heat have to do with battery life, and also, how can it actually decrease the heat?

Keeping a device cooler means less energy Is consumed ( heat is wasted energy). when installing glitch kernel you will be able to decide how thermal control works for your device . beside decreasing temperature produced by device will increase it's life span
At installing I use stock for everything . beside decreasing battery capacity to 93% and super cool feature

Last edited:

CheyTac-12

Apr 5, 2013
Keeping a device cooler means less energy Is consumed ( heat is wasted energy). when installing glitch kernel you will be able to decide how thermal control works for your device . beside decreasing temperature produced by device will increase it's life span
At installing I use stock for everything . beside decreasing battery capacity to 93% and super cool feature

ElemeltalX kernel has a feature like that, should I enable it?

CheyTac-12

Apr 5, 2013
So how does things now go for you with this new kernel ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

I didn't flash the kernel, as I said, ElementalX has this feature. I enabled it, I've seen a reduction on heat, not too much but it's something noticeable. Battery life though, I think I should clock the gpu at stock frequencies and underclock the cpu to at least 1.2ghz.

Normal usage with low brightness could last at least 10 hours of screen usage, it's completely ok, but when I'm playing it's like 15% lost every 30 minutes, which means it lasts 3 hours... if I let it die it might last until 3 hours and half. And I should at least get from 4 to 5 hours, right?:(

CheyTac-12

Apr 5, 2013
I doubt it unless he provide a screen shot

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

90 minutes of gameplay.
20% lost in that period of time.
Trial Extreme 3, 30% brightness, 30% volume.
1ghz underclock.

If that's accurate, I'd be getting 7.5 hours of gameplay, which is just too much to be true.

Now, I have to test Nova 3, with the same configuration and gameplay time but with 1.5 ghz.

I have a question: If my device is 100% charged, does it discharge quickly than if it were on 50% charge? Because, the problem I was having was that, during 15% battery lost gameplay I achieved 30 minutes, so, doing the maths that would be 3 hours or a little more. So, does this actually happen? Or am I mistaken.

Thanks for answering.

Top Liked Posts