May 16, 2012
Dalton-in-Furness
Hello from a couple of days I am aware that appear on the screen
strange white lines as in the photo.
This happens to someone else?
It is a problem to support (since I bought it in February of this year),
or is a feature of Tegra 3? :confused:
Thank you.

There is no issue. It was a noticeable change from stock 4.2 onwards. Revert back to stock 4.1 and you will not see the problem.

Reactions: Il Gerry
replies

Maybe your screen is damaged but whe can't see that on a screenshot

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks for the reply noahvt but I hope not ... I bought it 4 months ago .. It would be a disappointment from Asus!
The Only way is to see it catch it when it appears...seeing I do not know how to use Logcat :( if you tell me how I could try to get some data in more '.. a full screenshot would be appreciated;)
...It should replace it or not?:confused::confused:

There is no issue. It was a noticeable change from stock 4.2 onwards. Revert back to stock 4.1 and you will not see the problem.

Thanks also to mr.fast for the "fast" response ..:p
It would be one of the cases where an update worsens the device .. pultroppo already seen!
I also noticed that these "white lines" come out especially when they are in energy saver mode in the menu to the "disappearance" of the Home .. but then it is the fault of Tegra evil that manages the battery or only 4.2 Jelly Bean hurt??

mr.fast

May 16, 2012
Dalton-in-Furness
Thanks for the reply noahvt but I hope not ... I bought it 4 months ago .. It would be a disappointment from Asus!
The Only way is to see it catch it when it appears...seeing I do not know how to use Logcat :( if you tell me how I could try to get some data in more '.. a full screenshot would be appreciated;)
...It should replace it or not?:confused::confused:

Thanks also to mr.fast for the "fast" response ..:p
It would be one of the cases where an update worsens the device .. pultroppo already seen!
I also noticed that these "white lines" come out especially when they are in energy saver mode in the menu to the "disappearance" of the Home .. but then it is the fault of Tegra evil that manages the battery or only 4.2 Jelly Bean hurt??

You're welcome.

It's a mixture of banding (due to changes in Android 4.2), a 'poor' quality display and the NVidia drivers/smart backlight adjuster.

replies - Strange white lines

You're welcome.

It's a mixture of banding (due to changes in Android 4.2), a 'poor' quality display and the NVidia drivers/smart backlight adjuster.

Uff. .. that do not cost 2 Euros! :mad:
They could also improve these deficiencies.
I really like the 4.2 and now I really do not goes to redo it all over again to go back to 4.1 (root-TWRP);) .. if it worsens to the max I do "fly" in assistance .. anyway thanks for the help.
Hello

Last edited:

zaki0saad

Dec 13, 2011
Sydney
Download Xposed installer. Activate and reboot, then download the GravityBox [JB] module.

Enable 'GravityBox > Display Tweaks > Dithered Holo Background' -- and then reboot again. This will remove all those issues you have seen with the white banding :cowboy:

question of Xposed

Download Xposed installer. Activate and reboot, then download the GravityBox [JB] module.

Enable 'GravityBox > Display Tweaks > Dithered Holo Background' -- and then reboot again. This will remove all those issues you have seen with the white banding :cowboy:

Hello just so little to make them disappear?
I have the Crombi X 5.4 and I think (but am not sure of this) that Xposed is already installed?
I would be very tempted to try this because I regret a little bit back to 4.1!
Thank you for your help.;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe your screen is damaged but whe can't see that on a screenshot

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app
    Hello from a couple of days I am aware that appear on the screen
    strange white lines as in the photo.
    This happens to someone else?
    It is a problem to support (since I bought it in February of this year),
    or is a feature of Tegra 3? :confused:
    Thank you.