[13.Sep.2011][ROM][P7510] ◄► Overcome 10.1 Series v1.0.1 ◄► Recovery v4.1.1.5 ◄►

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

alterbridge86

Retired Recognized Developer
May 27, 2010
Boston
I noticed you're using my theme minus 2 image changes. awesome dev. standards are set. no homo

screen_20110903_2013_1-1.png

Thanks for dropping by, while the themes do look similar, i guarantee i did not steal your work and not give credit.

I have spent the better half of the last month or so perfecting the theme changes. My tester/graphics creator/website extraordinaire pharaohnough can vouch for that ;-). Plus my theme does go much further than just systemui mods, including the overhaul of settings menu (pictured above).

Im sorry if i came off a bit defensive, but i just dont want people to think i am one of those devs that take other peoples work and release a rom claiming they did it all.

I hope everyone enjoys the release!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: Pharaohnough

Pharaohnough

Mar 12, 2007
Cairo
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
Thanks for dropping by, while the themes do look similar, i guarantee i did not steal your work and not give credit.

I have spent the better half of the last month or so perfecting the theme changes. My tester/graphics creator/website extraordinaire mkhattab can vouch for that ;-). Plus my theme does go much further than just systemui mods, including the overhaul of settings menu (pictured above).

Im sorry if i came off a bit defensive, but i just dont want people to think i am one of those devs that take other peoples work and release a rom claiming they did it all.

I hope everyone enjoys the release!

That is indeed correct and if you look very closely you will see that there are quite a few enhancements which do not exist in other ROMs (screen capture button on the Touchwiz UI to name one). As alterbridge86 says, we spent quite a long time working on this and if you had any doubts your work was stolen you could have made a polite inquiry in a PM to the dev

Can we consider this issue closed now?

alterbridge86

Retired Recognized Developer
May 27, 2010
Boston
i'll be uploading V6 here in a few. gonna use this nice mans settings.apk considering thats all i ever wanted for mine. thanks dude. oh and extended power menu

By all means - were here to share. Just know settings.apk isnt changed, the layouts are all controlled by framework-res.apk.

Also the mod for power menu requires android.policy.jar, framework.jar, and framework-res.apk changes.

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Great to see more Dev's joining the party :D

I am doing backups right now getting ready to flash. Couple questions...

1. The overstock CWM is included in the 001003-Overcome zip? It updates when the ROM updates?

2. Do you recommend doing restock if coming from another custom ROM or use the one for upgrade/update?

Edit: Should we clear data doing factory reset, or does the script take care of that? Is it necessary?

Last edited:

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
By all means - were here to share. Just know settings.apk isnt changed, the layouts are all controlled by framework-res.apk.

Also the mod for power menu requires android.policy.jar, framework.jar, and framework-res.apk changes.

its cool. i wasnt trying to come off like a ****, i just saw something that looked very familiar if not the same in ways, which is cool because i know we're all here to share. that why we put all this stuff in these threads for free with no copyright. i too spent some time on my work. thanks.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
How about settling it in private with the other dev instead of *****ing, whining and throwing a tantrum in public like a little girl?

wow. you hate yourself. please dont concern yourself with things you are to uneducated to understand. i was stating an opinion to a dev on his thread. no need to pm about it. hes knows where i was coming from and i am sure he doesnt need someone such as yourself to try and defend him like the hot chick in high school defending the fat kid. we're all adults here so quit acting like a child in these forums please.

Reactions: ATN24
B

bd85

Quadrant scores.
Run 1 - 2366
Run 2 - 2379
Run 3 - 2336
Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon

i had started working on it a while ago and was distracted by other things, but now seeing it again brings back my dreams. thanks man.

henrik.dk

Jun 20, 2008
Just installed this ROM. it is awesome. smooth as silk.
One issue I have just noticed is the apk installation.
The dialog button has white font which is not visible due to white background.

B

bd85

/\ dont mean **** lol. Quadrants fail now.

Sorry for sharing, some people may want to see this.
And your coment doesnt bring anything good to this forum

@ alterbridge

Found som graphic issue. In picture 1 the buttons is invisible. And in pic 2 i hold my finger on the button so its highlighted when i took the screenshoot.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1315766891662.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1315766891662.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 415
  • uploadfromtaptalk1315766906852.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1315766906852.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 327
B

bd85

Any chance that you can bring the Yahoo.Finance widget back in next update?

Strazzi

Apr 22, 2010
Nice to see the someon that knows what to do is doing somting about it. :) I strongly hope that ovners of 3g version will not be forgoten. 3g version mabey comeing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [13.Sep.2011][ROM][P7510] ◄► Overcome 10.1 Series v1.0.1 ◄► Recovery v4.1.1.5 ◄►

DISCLAIMER: You know the drill, I am not responsible if loading this rom makes your Tab melt, explode, disintegrate, or cause harm to anyone near it. (I am fairly certain none of that will happen though ;) )

Change log in second post.

Welcome to The Overcome Experience - 10.1 Edition :D. For those of you that don’t know me, let me introduce myself. I am AlterBridge86, the creator of The Overcome Experience. I started developing a ROM on the OG Galaxy Tab (P1000) about 9 months ago and have moved on to having my own brand of ROM’s, Kernels, and Recoverys. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7510) is the second device now to get a “Overcome Series” ROM, however it will most definitely not be the last.

My mission is simple. I aim to vastly improve the stock user experience on Samsung devices. I think that Samsung makes fantastic hardware, however fails to bring the same level of software quality to their devices. This is where I step in. I take the base rom, as provided by Samsung, and perform further optimization and modification to it. My mods aim not to completely customize the user interface, but rather add some very useful key functionality while retaining the “stock android” look.

ROM FEATURES
    • Please read the announcement post on the TOE website for a full rundown of the release! http://p7510.teamovercome.net/
    • Based on UEKME – Official Touchwiz Release
    • Fully Deodexed
    • Fully Zipaligned
    • Rooted/Busybox installed
    • Stock kernel with modified initramfs
    • Themed with stock-ish Honeycomb look
    • Optimized Launcher (enabled HW accel, optimized images inside to significantly reduce footprint, removed all the crap samsung put on our screens by default)
    • Ads blocked
    • Updated Maps to 5.10.0
    • Updated Music to 3.0.1
    • Updated SamsungApps to 3.10.024
    • Updated Flash Player to 10.3.186.6
    • Overscroll Glow enabled
    • Browser Modifications (UAString chooser in Advanced Options, Overscroll Glow enabled, plugins set to load ON_DEMAND instead of ON, Default Zoom and Text Size options added under advanced)
    • Bootanimation.zip support (cool boot animation included thanks to gammaRascal in the Iconia forums)
    • Overcome CWM Recovery 4.1.1.5
    • Extended Power Menu (Reboot, Recovery, Download)
    • App_process and system_server pre-compiled binaries from Android 3.2 included (improved smoothness/responsiveness)

KERNEL FEATURES
    • Coming soon with proper source release!

About Overcome CWM Recovery
    At its core, Overcome CWM Recovery v4.1.1.5 is the traditional ClockworkMod Recovery v4.0.1.5. However, I have heavily modified the interface layout as well as added some very helpful functionality. You will notice this as soon as you enter recovery. I urge you to peruse the recovery and check out the options available to you. You will get to use some of these options during the install following our thorough guide.

Install Instructions
    • If you have some form of CWM on your device already, simply download the ROM, and install zip through CWM. Be sure to wipe data to ensure a clean install!
    • If you do NOT have CWM on your device already or you want to start completely fresh, I STRONGLY urge you to read the excellent guide that we have put together to fully "restock" your system and get Overcome installed ;)
    • If you already have Overcome 10.1 Series v1.0.0 installed, you can use the updater zip found in the downloads section of the website. This is a small zip that will update only the changed files, leaving all your data in tact.

SCREENSHOTS

INSTALL GUIDE
    http://p7510.teamovercome.net/?page_id=18

DOWNLOADS
    http://p7510.teamovercome.net/?page_id=20

TIPS AND TWEAKS
    http://p7510.teamovercome.net/?page_id=25

FAQ's
    http://p7510.teamovercome.net/?page_id=27

SOURCES
    https://github.com/alterbridge86

REMOVED APPS DOWNLOAD - To install, simply place the apks in /system/app. These will NOT install like a normal APK.
    http://p7510.teamovercome.net/downloads/removed_apps.zip

The best is yet to come!
    ROM AND KERNEL CHANGE LOG
    http://p7510.teamovercome.net/?page_id=29

Overcome 10.1 Series v1.0.1
    • Fixed white-on-white and black-on-black issues with dialog buttons
    • Fixed white-on-white and black-on-black issues with action bar
    • Fixed white-on-white and black-on-black issues with bluetooth pairing

Overcome CWM Recovery v4.1.1.5
    • Initial Release
    Bug-Tracker is LIVE

I am happy to report that our Bug Tracker is finally up and running.
    As promised all the bugs you have been reporting have been maintained and you can now see them in the list.

The Bug Tracker is colour-coded so you can easily tell the status and/or type of the issue for easy follow-up. I am tweaking it further and it will have some nice functionality added onto it.

You will also be able to see feedback (if any) from Team Overcome on reported bugs on the same page
    Hey Guys - sorry for my general absence lately...I had a crazy busy weekend and crazy last few days, but anyway, i'm back on the case working on a new release. Hope to have something in the next couple days :)

On this great ROM - we need this.
    Any chance of getting it - without loosing what we already have in the power-menu?

Please

Thanks
    Bert

Definitely will take a look at that - cool mod :cool:

20 dollars for u guys if you add 3G support within the next week!

Next week huh...I think I can do that ;)

PS
    It's already done - and not because of the money ;)
    eh.. I just restocked.
    "Please enter your password"

What is the password? I just removed -everything-

Go into recovery and do a factory reset, you should be good.