Reactions: ganeshp

luxiaofeng

Aug 29, 2012
bricked when S-off

hi friends,
i used htc sen 4G,
Hboot 1.27...
after i unlocked device using htcdev.com,
i started to S-OFF my phone , when using wired to s-off, my phone died, not detected by computer, can not turn on just black screen..
any idea for me...

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
hi friends,
i used htc sen 4G,
Hboot 1.27...
after i unlocked device using htcdev.com,
i started to S-OFF my phone , when using wired to s-off, my phone died, not detected by computer, can not turn on just black screen..
any idea for me...

its a rare case ..where phone goes to deep sleep state due to wire trick failure (happens pretty rarely)
the solution is
remove battery,sdcard, and sim ...charge the phone via power outlet for 6-7 hours ..then power it on it will power up
(for wire trick tips/solutions ..check the troubleshoot point #3 of my soff guide ..link in my signature)

zeru150r

Jul 17, 2011
Jakarta
hi fellow XDA members and sensation users, modders and devs.

I have flashed Yank555.lu kernel v2.52 on ARHD 6.7.2 XE and noticed better battery consumption (many thanks for faux and yank :D :good: )
I have 2 questions.

1. if I want to change the GPU clock frequency (from 300MHz to 266MHz), can I done it by simply changing the value of "echo 300000000 > / sys/devices/platform/kgsl-3d0.0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/max_gpuclk" into "echo 266000000 > / sys/devices/platform/kgsl-3d0.0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/max_gpuclk"?

2.if I want to change the Notification LED multiplier value, can I done it by simply changing the value of "echo 1 > /sys/kernel/notification_leds/off_timer_multiplier"? if yes, what value is for unlimited blink time and doubled blink time?

sorry for my bad english. :)

Last edited:

luxiaofeng

Aug 29, 2012
it works

its a rare case ..where phone goes to deep sleep state due to wire trick failure (happens pretty rarely)
the solution is
remove battery,sdcard, and sim ...charge the phone via power outlet for 6-7 hours ..then power it on it will power up
(for wire trick tips/solutions ..check the troubleshoot point #3 of my soff guide ..link in my signature)
it really fantastic,
after a deep sleep, 7h in charging, not wake up, plugin my phone to a computer, it suddenly wake up. continue S-OFF again. thanks alot

Reactions: ganeshp

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
hi fellow XDA members and sensation users, modders and devs.

I have flashed Yank555.lu kernel v2.52 on ARHD 6.7.2 XE and noticed better battery consumption (many thanks for faux and yank :D :good: )
I have 2 questions.

1. if I want to change the GPU clock frequency (from 300MHz to 266MHz), can I done it by simply changing the value of "echo 300000000 > / sys/devices/platform/kgsl-3d0.0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/max_gpuclk" into "echo 266000000 > / sys/devices/platform/kgsl-3d0.0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/max_gpuclk"?

2.if I want to change the Notification LED multiplier value, can I done it by simply changing the value of "echo 1 > /sys/kernel/notification_leds/off_timer_multiplier"? if yes, what value is for unlimited blink time and doubled blink time?

sorry for my bad english. :)

1.yes but double confirm the gpu click value though (you can verify it by opening the zip file and checking the inside files)

2.yes the line is correct.. But i don't know which value corresponds to what.. You can rather ask yank himself or check the zip yourself

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

zeru150r

Jul 17, 2011
Jakarta
1.yes but double confirm the gpu click value though (you can verify it by opening the zip file and checking the inside files)

2.yes the line is correct.. But i don't know which value corresponds to what.. You can rather ask yank himself or check the zip yourself

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

woohoo, thanks for the reply. :good:
is there any other method to check the GPU clock? (just to make sure the modification takes effect) like, any apps to check the gpu clock? I have searched through Google and in PlayStore, but I only found apps to check the CPU clock.

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
woohoo, thanks for the reply. :good:
is there any other method to check the GPU clock? (just to make sure the modification takes effect) like, any apps to check the gpu clock? I have searched through Google and in PlayStore, but I only found apps to check the CPU clock.

I don't think there would be any app to see the gpu clock.. But you can kind of verify it using the nenamark2 benchmark but that's a guess

Btw I did have a look at the kernel zip file

Here for gpu exact value

# - Set GPU max frequency
echo 266667000 > /sys/devices/platform/kgsl-3d0.0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/max_gpuclk

And for led....
0 is infinite
1 is normal
2 is 2x
5 is 5x
10 is 10x

Remember these values will have effect on yanklu kernels only as these are compiled in the kernel

from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

Reactions: zeru150r

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Reactions: undercover

zeru150r

Jul 17, 2011
Jakarta
I don't think there would be any app to see the gpu clock.. But you can kind of verify it using the nenamark2 benchmark but that's a guess

Btw I did have a look at the kernel zip file

Here for gpu exact value

# - Set GPU max frequency
echo 266667000 > /sys/devices/platform/kgsl-3d0.0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/max_gpuclk

And for led....
0 is infinite
1 is normal
2 is 2x
5 is 5x
10 is 10x

Remember these values will have effect on yanklu kernels only as these are compiled in the kernel

from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

thank you so much ganeshp, and I'm sorry if I had troubled you.
thanks for helping me out. :D :good:

jmepb

Sep 5, 2012
HTC SENSATION issues

Glad to help when I can :)

Hi Kohr-Ah, I was hoping you could help me out or point me in the right direction..

My HTC Sensation was unresponsive to touch, I couldn't get it to unlock the screen even after taking out battery. My husband opened the phone up(he thought he's a pro since doing his own digitizer replacement b4 on same type of phone) and basically when putting things back together said he might have damaged a black wire that was by the edge of he phone. Now, my phone has a black screen, it will vibrate when I press the power button but then nothing happens. I don't have the money for a new phone or a $$$ repair shop...do you thinkht is is something I can fix by replacing the digitizer + LCD???

Please help....anyone?

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Hi Kohr-Ah, I was hoping you could help me out or point me in the right direction..

My HTC Sensation was unresponsive to touch, I couldn't get it to unlock the screen even after taking out battery. My husband opened the phone up(he thought he's a pro since doing his own digitizer replacement b4 on same type of phone) and basically when putting things back together said he might have damaged a black wire that was by the edge of he phone. Now, my phone has a black screen, it will vibrate when I press the power button but then nothing happens. I don't have the money for a new phone or a $$$ repair shop...do you thinkht is is something I can fix by replacing the digitizer + LCD???

Please help....anyone?

Download qtadb. Connect pho.e to pc, start qtadb and go into screenshot mode/option. There you'll be able to see if phone is running ok. If it is, its definitely hardware problem. If it is so, then it depends what wire got damaged. If its the one going to digitizer , then replace digitizer, if its the one going to LCD panel, then just replace LCD.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

_azeroth_

Feb 9, 2012
Manila
guys what do you use to backup files from sd card? like gameloft's modern combat 3, i used tb(free) but it only backups the app file in the internal storage

Last edited:

jmepb

Sep 5, 2012
Download qtadb. Connect pho.e to pc, start qtadb and go into screenshot mode/option. There you'll be able to see if phone is running ok. If it is, its definitely hardware problem. If it is so, then it depends what wire got damaged. If its the one going to digitizer , then replace digitizer, if its the one going to LCD panel, then just replace LCD.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Thanks so much...It is the cable going to the digitizer so I will replace it and hope that was it! Thanks again!!!!

Top Liked Posts