[Q] Battery readings on rooted 2.3.4

Search This thread

e4e5nf3nc6

Dec 9, 2011
Ravenna, OH
Last night I made a backup, used the nullifier, flashed rooted 2.3.4, and everything went haywire. I had lost all my nandroids and all that. Ok so then I decided to put the phone back to factory stock and did the OTA update to 2.3.4, then rooted with superoneclick. I have an extended 3500mah battery that I calibrated this morning after a full charge. Everything was normal so far today (i was at around 70%) and restarted my phone for some reason or another and realized that when i do this the battery reads 100% again. I like accurate battery readings, anybody know how and why this might be happening?

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
More then likely from a poor quality after market battery. Battery "calibration" is a myth. Most phones will read any battery as 100% when it first boots. All of my phones do it even with stock batteries even my nexus.

I personally know how to wipe my own device and so should anyone who installs roms on their device. You shouldn't depend on a script to do that for you especially if you do not understand the functionality of that script. If something says "format" it means everything is gone. If it says formats all partitions that means all data on all partitions is gone. If your backups are in that partition then they are gone. Nothings going haywire it did what its supposed to do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

e4e5nf3nc6

Dec 9, 2011
Ravenna, OH
My question was about the battery, an answer only about the battery would have been sufficient.

Battery is not poor quality. It consistently gives me 2 days of charge since December.

Calibrating my battery is something that I do because I like to have accurate readings. I know what calibration is supposed to do and what it doesn't do. I'm aware that it doesn't give the battery more juice.

I know how to flash a rom and I know what the scripts do. I know how to wipe and I know why it's necessary. I did nothing any differently than I've done countless times before. Sometimes things just don't work right. Not that any of this even matters because the question was about the battery readings behaving in a way they haven't before. The rest was only mentioned in case it had some bearing on the cause of the problem.

I guess it's back to not posting a word on here until I'm done being disgusted with the way users attempt to "help" one another. Ugh.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Reactions: Icanthelplt90

Caliyork

Dec 22, 2011
Riverside, CA
I think something about nvflashing has a weird impact on battery. I nvflashed the touch recovery a few days ago, and afterwards I was sure I had about 35% left, but battery read 80. I plugged it in and while it charged, the number kept going down till it met the actual battery reading (around 65%) then started charging back up.

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
My question was about the battery, an answer only about the battery would have been sufficient.

Battery is not poor quality. It consistently gives me 2 days of charge since December.

Calibrating my battery is something that I do because I like to have accurate readings. I know what calibration is supposed to do and what it doesn't do. I'm aware that it doesn't give the battery more juice.

I know how to flash a rom and I know what the scripts do. I know how to wipe and I know why it's necessary. I did nothing any differently than I've done countless times before. Sometimes things just don't work right. Not that any of this even matters because the question was about the battery readings behaving in a way they haven't before. The rest was only mentioned in case it had some bearing on the cause of the problem.

I guess it's back to not posting a word on here until I'm done being disgusted with the way users attempt to "help" one another. Ugh.

Lol well I answered with my thoughts and responses. If you don't want answers don't ask questions. And don't get butt-hurt when someone answers for you. Exactly why I don't usually answer questions in these threads. Just too many emos when you give a straight answer. If you can't handle educated answers don't ask uneducated questions....

Bottom line how does it read with the stock battery? Almost every extended battery I've seen is missing sensors. So yes I'd say those ate ALL poor quality

What is the brand of said battery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.