[Q] Recovery Loop using Kingo

Search This thread

MacProoo

Dec 3, 2013
Hi there
I have a 900W8 note 3. I upgraded to the newest firmware via kies. it worked perfectly then i wanted to root it.
Instead of using Odin i used Kingo and now my phone is stuck on a recovery loop.
I try and access recovery up+home+ power and nothing happens it simply keeps looping
I can access download down+power+home.

any suggestions how i can get out of this?

Do download the latest version of Odin and select PDA of the recovery? and leave all other settings intact?

currently i am downloading sammobile.com firmware for my phone
Thank you!

I just noticed i posted this under note 2. i do apologize

Last edited:

Wobosh

Mar 18, 2014
Hi there
I have a 900W8 note 3. I upgraded to the newest firmware via kies. it worked perfectly then i wanted to root it.
Instead of using Odin i used Kingo and now my phone is stuck on a recovery loop.
I try and access recovery up+home+ power and nothing happens it simply keeps looping

Do download the latest version of Odin and select PDA of the recovery? and leave all other settings intact?

Thank you!

I got into the SAME situation with my Note 2 when i tried to use goomanager (BOOOOO!!!) to install either CWM or TWRP (cant remember which now).

I downloaded the correct stock rom for my device from sammobile and used Odin to flash it to my phone and everything came good.

God knows what happened with the goomanager business - perhaps I was supposed to make some obvious selection in goomanager like clearing caches or some damned thing - the tech geeks who put instructions together tend to miss "obvious" steps sometimes. "Make sure you're familiar with rooting etc." often means "make sure you know enough to not get screwed by steps we miss out in written instructions because to us they're obvious"... :(

Reactions: MacProoo

MacProoo

Dec 3, 2013
I got into the SAME situation with my Note 2 when i tried to use goomanager (BOOOOO!!!) to install either CWM or TWRP (cant remember which now).

I downloaded the correct stock rom for my device from sammobile and used Odin to flash it to my phone and everything came good.

God knows what happened with the goomanager business - perhaps I was supposed to make some obvious selection in goomanager like clearing caches or some damned thing - the tech geeks who put instructions together tend to miss "obvious" steps sometimes. "Make sure you're familiar with rooting etc." often means "make sure you know enough to not get screwed by steps we miss out in written instructions because to us they're obvious"... :(

Seeing that boot loop gave me a heart attack. I flashed recovery and it worked.
Thank you so much!!!
NEVER USE KINGO !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there

Thank you!