Benchmark results

Search This thread

azreal8

Nov 3, 2008
hi

I clean flashed cromi-x 5.4 and ran the quadrant benchmark and get around 5000.

according to the screenprints of results here, I should be getting 7500ish.

can anyone explain or help?

the tf is unusably slow. at least 5 second lag before it responds to anything.

in twrp mod, it flies though. any ideas???

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
hi

I clean flashed cromi-x 5.4 and ran the quadrant benchmark and get around 5000.

according to the screenprints of results here, I should be getting 7500ish.

can anyone explain or help?

the tf is unusably slow. at least 5 second lag before it responds to anything.

in twrp mod, it flies though. any ideas???

1. Go to the twrp and do a backup for your device
2. Go here and download the ET v1.13.9 with the suffix "ext4" http://xdaforums.com/transformer-tf700/general/et-v1-13-8-cromi-x-t2843054
3. Install the zip in the twrp
4. Report back how it goes

If you don't like it, you can restore your backup to the previous setup...good luck...:fingers-crossed:

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
You are running Quadrant in performance mode, are you?
Did you choose to install with fsync off?
Try data2sd but that lag is not normal even with fsync on....
Tons of widgets on your home screens? Tell us more about your setup.

azreal8

Nov 3, 2008
hi..

no widgets but for one (asus weather).
my microsd port is not working so i can't use data2sd.

i did a wipe and clean install of cromi-x 5.4 with the extreme tweaks bunds and selected to disable the fsync and my quadrant standard edition results are still "poor".

my concern is more WHY my devices frezzes and takes at least 5 seconds to even respond after i launch and app or even press the settings button despite a new rom and kernel.

doesn't that suggest something else is amiss?

You are running Quadrant in performance mode, are you?
Did you choose to install with fsync off?
Try data2sd but that lag is not normal even with fsync on....
Tons of widgets on your home screens? Tell us more about your setup.

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
hi..

i did a wipe and clean install of cromi-x 5.4 with the extreme tweaks bunds and selected to disable the fsync and my quadrant standard edition results are still "poor".

my concern is more WHY my devices frezzes and takes at least 5 seconds to even respond after i launch and app or even press the settings button despite a new rom and kernel.

That is really strange and unusual and certainly a PIA. But let's make sure we are on the same page:
Define what you mean by 'clean install'
Post your bootloader and recovery versions please.

Reactions: azreal8

azreal8

Nov 3, 2008
yes has me baffled so am here for help :)

when I am in twrp, I press install and along the process i'm asked if I want to wipe which is the recommended option. I select this option.

is that the correct way?

side point/question, what does it mean if when going thru aroma installer, the TF flies but is unusable when running a rom, stock or otherwise?

Last edited:

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
yes has me baffled so am here for help :)

when I am in twrp, I press install and along the process i'm asked if I want to wipe which is the recommended option. I select this option.

is that the correct way?

side point/question, what does it mean if when going thru aroma installer, the TF flies but it unusable when running a rom, stock or otherwise?
So you never did a clean install ;)
The option in the installer only wipes cache and Dalvik. You HAVE to wipe /data before installing a new rom.
Boot into TWRP.
Go to Wipe
Just swipe the button
That will wipe all your apps but not your personal files like pictures etc.
Then reflash the rom, select _that's kernel, select fsync off, select the two GPU options and everything else you desire.
Once the Aroma installer finished it's your choice if you want to try CROMi-X as is or flash LMK's tweaks right away.
Once you reboot, you will have to go through the setup process again, reinstall all your apps but I can almost gurantee: It will be worth it! :D

azreal8

Nov 3, 2008
thanks!

wiped properly and just did the install.

let it settle for a while and quadrant score was 6600 so im happy with that. i ran it earlier and it varied from 3500 to 4500. is that odd?

the result is still less than the 7500+ though. ideas? i'll have to look up these LMK things you mentioned....im a newbie.

seems like the freezing has been solved such that the tablet is usable...fingers crossed it stays that way.

So you never did a clean install ;)
The option in the installer only wipes cache and Dalvik. You HAVE to wipe /data before installing a new rom.
Boot into TWRP.
Go to Wipe
Just swipe the button
That will wipe all your apps but not your personal files like pictures etc.
Then reflash the rom, select _that's kernel, select fsync off, select the two GPU options and everything else you desire.
Once the Aroma installer finished it's your choice if you want to try CROMi-X as is or flash LMK's tweaks right away.
Once you reboot, you will have to go through the setup process again, reinstall all your apps but I can almost gurantee: It will be worth it! :D

azreal8

Nov 3, 2008
What is wrong with your microsd card slot? This could be causing other issues if the device thinks it has to keep polling for something that isn't there.

all of a sudden the microSD slot doesnt work.

the slot on the keyboard however does. is that weird?

quite disappointing. also as i've unlocked, ive lost my warranty.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
thanks!

wiped properly and just did the install.

let it settle for a while and quadrant score was 6600 so im happy with that. i ran it earlier and it varied from 3500 to 4500. is that odd?

the result is still less than the 7500+ though. ideas? i'll have to look up these LMK things you mentioned....im a newbie.

seems like the freezing has been solved such that the tablet is usable...fingers crossed it stays that way.

6600 is very respectable for the TF700 and it should feel quicker. 7500 is extreme - I doubt most users will get that - I never did on ET either

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
6600 is very respectable for the TF700 and it should feel quicker. 7500 is extreme - I doubt most users will get that - I never did on ET either

Haha, you never get up to 7500...:confused: My average on the latest ET is around 7800ish and pass 8000+ on the high end..:D BTW, if you would like to try out the new ET, please give the .9 a run because I am be able to have an extra one hour comparing to the .8 without performance loss. The average battery life on my daily usage on .8 is about 4+ hours and the .9 is about 5+ hours. Please give some feedback if you try it, thanks..:)

azreal8

Nov 3, 2008
2. Go here and download the ET v1.13.9 with the suffix "ext4" http://xdaforums.com/transformer-tf700/general/et-v1-13-8-cromi-x-t2843054

If you don't like it, you can restore your backup to the previous setup...good luck...:fingers-crossed:

newbie question..
just trying now...where is the init.d folder ? i looked using root explorer and dont know the path.
cannot see a systems folder.. thx :)

azreal8

Nov 3, 2008

Got 5800 Max with this one.

I'd like to try another cromi-x which has scores in the 9000s.

It needs bootloader version 10.

How do I get this? Newbie qn I know..

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Got 5800 Max with this one.

I'd like to try another cromi-x which has scores in the 9000s.

It needs bootloader version 10.

How do I get this? Newbie qn I know..

That score seems like you were running balance mode which is set 1.4GHz for CPU and 520MHz for GPU. My balance mode is around 6000+. You could try to run the quadrant in Performance mode and should be easy getting 7500+ on your current setup...;)

I don't think there is a 9000+ score for Cromi X unless you are running ART on Crombi kk. There are only two users running Cromi X with the score 8000+. One is lucius.zen who set the CPU with 1.9GHz and GPU with 700MHz on Hund's kernel. The second user is set the CPU with 1.8GHz and 700MHz with GPU on Hund's kernel...:D If you can get that 9000+ on Cromi X, then you are the first user who is achieved the best score out of this tf700 forum, good luck....:fingers-crossed:

If you want to update the bootloader to .10, you can follow this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2688891

I hope that helps...:)

Last edited:

azreal8

Nov 3, 2008
That score seems like you were running balance mode which is set 1.4GHz for CPU and 520MHz for GPU. My balance mode is around 6000+. You could try to run the quadrant in Performance mode and should be easy getting 7500+ on your current setup...;)

I don't think there is a 9000+ score for Cromi X unless you are running ART on Crombi kk. There are only two users running Cromi X with the score 8000+. One is lucius.zen who set the CPU with 1.9GHz and GPU with 700MHz on Hund's kernel. The second user is set the CPU with 1.7GHz and 700MHz with GPU on Hund's kernel...:D If you can get that 9000+ on Cromi X, then you are the first user who is achieved the best score out of this tf700 forum, good luck....:fingers-crossed:

If you want to update the bootloader to .10, you can follow this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2688891

I hope that helps...:)

Cool. Was wanting to try this one..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2672751

skimmed the link but couldn't see how to change to .10.

I tried saving the Asus firmware to an SD and renaming but my tf didn't detect and update..

LetMeKnow

Jun 17, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Cool. Was wanting to try this one..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2672751

skimmed the link but couldn't see how to change to .10.

I tried saving the Asus firmware to an SD and renaming but my tf didn't detect and update..
Oops, it is my bad....:eek: You could follow the Cromi X first page to update your bootloader but you may want to update your twrp after that because it is an old version of the twrp, good luck....:fingers-crossed:

azreal8

Nov 3, 2008
Oops, it is my bad....:eek: You could follow the Cromi X first page to update your bootloader but you may want to update your twrp after that because it is an old version of the twrp, good luck....:fingers-crossed:

cool. was trying to flash the asus .10 version with twrp and it failed.

can someone pls confirm if i have done something wrong?

this is what i did:

1 boot into twrp

2 clicked install button

3 selected the asus extracted zip file ( renamed to this to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip as apparently its a trick) which i saved on my internal drive

4 swiped to install

result - got failed message.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
cool. was trying to flash the asus .10 version with twrp and it failed.

can someone pls confirm if i have done something wrong?

this is what i did:

1 boot into twrp

2 clicked install button

3 selected the asus extracted zip file ( renamed to this to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip as apparently its a trick) which i saved on my internal drive

4 swiped to install

result - got failed message.

What does the failed message say - it probably tells you what failed?

Also extract the recovery log from TWRP after.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi..

That is really strange and unusual and certainly a PIA. But let's make sure we are on the same page:
    Define what you mean by 'clean install'
    Post your bootloader and recovery versions please.