[SKN] Windows Phone 7 Series Startup Animation [W|Q|VGA] [20-2]

Search This thread

tito12

Feb 15, 2008
Tel Aviv
Hi

AFAIR in my device running all roms since 6.0 to 6.5.1, the splashscreen has always been welcomehead.96.png. Anyways I edited the cab, changing welcomehead.192 to 96 did the trick :)

ElCondor

Retired News Writer
Mar 14, 2009
Amsterdam
Hi

AFAIR in my device running all roms since 6.0 to 6.5.1, the splashscreen has always been welcomehead.96.png. Anyways I edited the cab, changing welcomehead.192 to 96 did the trick :)

Well I tried adding the registry modification but apparently your Rom is using another key.
I'll look into that. Thanks for your feedback!

ElCondor

Retired News Writer
Mar 14, 2009
Amsterdam
Hi

I have done some research and I read that it depends on your resolution.
The full Cabs already contain the followinig registry key:
Code:
HKLM\software\Windows\Splashscreen
MSBitmap - welcomehead.192.png
Can you try and look at these entries in your phone, and see what's more in the Splashscreen key?
Then I can update the Cab so it'll work for everyone.

ElCondor

Retired News Writer
Mar 14, 2009
Amsterdam
works on tp2 but still see the gay orange windows logo after animation + takes longet to load htc sense

Okay Sense shouldn't take longer to load, because that's got nothing to do with the boot screen.
About the orange welcomehead,
with a registry editor, go to the key which you can find in the above post.
Could you please tell me what you see there? Which entry is placed under MSBitmap?

tayfelix

Jun 6, 2009
This is the Leo/HD2 animation startup for nearly all HTC devices.
I made this animation in Photoshop from scratch, so it's easier to customize and probably smaller in size.
Per resolution, there are 2 downloads:
1. a CAB
2. the file itself for cooking etc.

There's also another animation including a matching welcomehead.
That CAB contains both animated.gif and welcomhead.192.png plus some registry edits.
Scroll down for download.

----------The HTCAnimation itself --------------The HTCAnimation which fades into the welcomehead
2ppgh8w.gif
10gabfp.gif

Note that the quality and speed of these previews is pretty bad.

Download

To download only the Leo HTCAnimation, so without welcomehead, select 'File' or 'Cab'. To download the full pack, select 'Full'.

By downloading, you agree that I am not responsible for any problems you might get by this skins.

WVGA
File
Cab
Full

VGA
File
Cab
Full

WQVGA
File
Cab
Full

QVGA
File
Cab
Full

The following registry key needs to be right to make it work. Note that this key is already included in the 'Full' cabs, but not in the other cabs.
Code:
HKLM\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation
StartupGif - \Windows\animated.gif

Downloaded 772 times

I hope you like this little contribution.

I Have HTC Universal. I Installed The Full VGA But I Only Have The 'Windows Phones'?

Niker84

Mar 17, 2009
Hey guys, i'm the proud owner of the HD2. I love this startup animation. But I hate this orange win6.5 one that comes afterwards. I already copies a welcomehead.192.png to the windows folder but nothing changed. Isn't the winmob6.5 orange screen the welcomehead.192.png??

ElCondor

Retired News Writer
Mar 14, 2009
Amsterdam
I Have HTC Universal. I Installed The Full VGA But I Only Have The 'Windows Phones'?
Your phone is pretty old, I think it only works for newer devices. Try to go to HKLM/software/Htc/Htcanimation and please tell me what's in there. I need that information to fix it.
Hey guys, i'm the proud owner of the HD2. I love this startup animation. But I hate this orange win6.5 one that comes afterwards. I already copies a welcomehead.192.png to the windows folder but nothing changed. Isn't the winmob6.5 orange screen the welcomehead.192.png??
Yeah that's the orange one, can you please tell me how it is named? Maybe welcomehead.72?
Thanks both for your feedback.

wez89

Nov 24, 2008
Manchester
I guess most registry entries are different using custom roms, im using Udk rom for topaz and it was named 'welcomehead'

Its easy to change via a registry editor so im not complaning

Niker84

Mar 17, 2009
Hey it is just called as attached!
Strangely the orange winmob one had a resolution of 800/800 px. I copied over mine and it works perfectly, looks like there is no bootwallpaper at all :)

Attachments

• welcomehead.jpg
    welcomehead.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 85

tito12

Feb 15, 2008
Tel Aviv
I have done some research and I read that it depends on your resolution.
The full Cabs already contain the followinig registry key:
Code:
MSBitmap - welcomehead.192.png
Can you try and look at these entries in your phone, and see what's more in the Splashscreen key?
Then I can update the Cab so it'll work for everyone.

Hi [ElCondor]

As I said before, this is my registry entry
MSBitmap - welcomehead.96.png

I changed your cab accordingly and it works well

Thanks

Attachments

• HTC.Animation.Welcomehead.QVGA.CAB.CAB
    74.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

ElCondor

Retired News Writer
Mar 14, 2009
Amsterdam
I guess most registry entries are different using custom roms, im using Udk rom for topaz and it was named 'welcomehead'

Its easy to change via a registry editor so im not complaning
Okay so it depends on what rom you use. Thanks.
Hi [ElCondor]

As I said before, this is my registry entry
MSBitmap - welcomehead.96.png

I changed your cab accordingly and it works well

Thanks

Hi, that's a bit strange since the Cab should change the MSBitmap entry automatically to 192.
Apparently it doesn't, I'll look further into that.
Thank you.

oldasuk

Jul 13, 2007
Tábor
Hey guys can advise me how to get this animation as a starter logo? Thank you in advance for your advice. After installation, nothing changed. Hello Olda ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows Phone 7 Series
    2v2z314.jpg

This looks pixelated but the dithering isn't visible on your screen! It prevents gradient banding.

Leo Animations Downloaded more than 7500 times! Awesome!
    The HTCAnimation itself --------------------------The HTCAnimation which fades into the welcomehead ------------------Full Black version.------------------------------Black HTCAnimation only
    2hz0d35.gif
    ----------
    2441s39.gif
    --------
    nzf43d.gif
    --------
    25k6bvc.gif

Custom Animations

3500ygh.gif
    ----------
    2rdgmxt.gif
    --------
    xepgqx.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Request, VGA Only

Warning: This animation is pretty big! WVGA is ~400 KB, I can make it smaller but quality reduces if I do that.
    As you can see I like clean design!
    And note that the quality and speed of these previews is pretty bad.

Downloads

To download only the Leo HTCAnimation, so without welcomehead, select 'File' or 'Cab'. To download the full pack, select 'Full'.
    For the black versions, select 'File Black', 'Cab Black' or 'Full Black'.
    For the Custom animation, choose 'Custom White' or 'Custom Black'
    The 7series downloads are only available for VGA and WVGA

By downloading, you agree that I am not responsible for any problems you might get by this skins.

WVGA
    7series
    File
    Cab
    Full
    File Black
    Cab Black
    Full Black
    Custom White
    Custom Black

VGA
    7series
    Cab
    Full
    File Black
    Cab Black
    Full Black
    Custom White
    Custom Black
    Custom Green

WQVGA
    File
    Cab
    Full
    File Black
    Cab Black
    Full Black
    Custom White
    Custom Black

QVGA
    File
    Cab
    Full
    File Black
    Cab Black
    Full Black
    Custom White
    Custom Black

Sounds
    HTC campaign video sound - made by lebmb

Device Specific
    Rhodium/Touch Pro2 owners with Hard-SPL only! Thanks to andrew-in-woking, he made this!:)
    These packages contain not only the 'Welcomehead.192 and 'animated', but also 'welcomehead' and a special boot splash.
    Read this post from Andrew before proceeding!

Black
    Full Black
    White
    Full White
    Theme for (GSM) Rhodium/Touch Pro2

Hi all

I've produced some files for use with an HTC Rhodium on the Stock WM 6.1 or WM 6.5 ROMs. In these ROMs the main difference is that there is a second splash screen still image file called "welcomehead.png" in addition to "welcomehead.192.png". I've also taken it upon myself to make these .png files for all four variations of [ElCondor]'s theme.

These Rhodium specific themes are contained in the .zip files attached. Their names should make it self explanatory which one you should download.

There are .cab files in each of the .zip which will install "animated.gif", "welcomehead.192.png" and "welcomehead.png". Additionally the .zip files contain the source files as well as a file called "RHODIMG.nbh".

"RHODIMG.nbh" is only for use by owners of an HTC GSM Rhodium/Touch Pro2 that has been flashed with Hard SPL. If you try to flash this on any other device, including a non-GSM Rhodium, you are likely to end up with an expensive paperweight!

Instructions:

1) Copy RHODIMG.nbh to the root of your storage card.

2) Put your device into bootloader using the following method:

i) Completely power off your device using the long press power button method.

ii) Press and hold the volume down and power buttons simultainiously.

iii) Follow the onscreen instructions.

3) Soft Reset using the stylus in the hole method once you see the word "Success" on the screen.

Edit: I have just updated the black full file.

Cheers

andrew-in-woking