Unlock Bootloader p769 20f

Search This thread

SpartanG01

Jan 30, 2011
I have an LG P769 software version 20f (OTA) build JZO54K that I would love to put Cyanogen on. I have it on my p509 and I love it. My understanding is that I need to unlock the bootloader, flash a proper recovery image and then flash over the Cyanogen Rom. I did my P509 so I'm not a complete noob at this, it's been working just fine for almost 2 years however I've searched every where and I have a few questions.

Is it possible to unlock a stock 20f P769? (purchased the phone a week ago, updated it yesterday and it's 20f now. No idea what it was before that but it was brand new from Tmobile)

If it is, how do I do and what do I need?

Is Cyanogen 10.1 the newest of the Cyanogen ROMs I can use?

If I do successfully unlock it I can follow the CM 10.1 guide to get the rom and all that on there really I'm stuck now at Unlocking it. I tried the method in the now locked thread (before realizing people had found out it doesn't work)

Thanks in advance for any help, like I said I've looked in dozens of threads and can't seem to find a clear answer on the matter.

geeshiet

May 26, 2013
I have an LG P769 software version 20f (OTA) build JZO54K that I would love to put Cyanogen on. I have it on my p509 and I love it. My understanding is that I need to unlock the bootloader, flash a proper recovery image and then flash over the Cyanogen Rom. I did my P509 so I'm not a complete noob at this, it's been working just fine for almost 2 years however I've searched every where and I have a few questions.

Is it possible to unlock a stock 20f P769? (purchased the phone a week ago, updated it yesterday and it's 20f now. No idea what it was before that but it was brand new from Tmobile)

If it is, how do I do and what do I need?

Is Cyanogen 10.1 the newest of the Cyanogen ROMs I can use?

If I do successfully unlock it I can follow the CM 10.1 guide to get the rom and all that on there really I'm stuck now at Unlocking it. I tried the method in the now locked thread (before realizing people had found out it doesn't work)

Thanks in advance for any help, like I said I've looked in dozens of threads and can't seem to find a clear answer on the matter.

And if your unhappy with storage go take a look here ... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2096138

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 4 Beta