[APP][RELEASED]uShout

Search This thread

xSunny

May 19, 2009
Brooklyn
Is this gonna include like a friends list where u can add your own friends if u want who ever use it.. Maybe it can be helpful something like a BlackBerry Messenger only for android if you get what im saying?

Wydi

Apr 1, 2010
Berlin
The UI is really nice, reminds me of the Kuro skins on deviantART.:)

The biggest problem will be to get enough users to download and use uShout, because there are currently < 50 downloads, and most people see no reason to use it then. You probably need to build something more interesting around it. Random photo sharing with ratings (see "A World Of Photo") for example, even though it'll get naughty then.

Also, you should try to find another way to connect two users, because grabbing a message and then answering to it often leads to a email like conversation, which is nice, but totally inappropriate for "the fast and direct fun on the go".
You could do it like this: Let the users log in and tell them if there are currently any other users online. If so, they can shout something or grab current shouts by other online users and when they like one of them, they can reply. uShout could then ask if they want to start a 1:1 conversation.
Or you could do it completely the photo sharing way; every user can take a photo when connecting, which will then be posted along with a short message in a lobby. Others can rate it and/or request to start a conversation with the uploader. You could even do it like a game, with highscore lists for the users with the best ratings and a "photo of the week" and stuff.

Just some ideas. :D

Edit:
Here is an idea of what I imagined:

Click for full size

Could be done better, but I guess, this would rock. :)

Last edited:

Untouchab1e

Apr 11, 2007

The biggest problem will be to get enough users to download and use uShout, because there are currently < 50 downloads, and most people see no reason to use it then. You probably need to build something more interesting around it. Random photo sharing with ratings (see "A World Of Photo") for example, even though it'll get naughty then.

Also, you should try to find another way to connect two users, because grabbing a message and then answering to it often leads to a email like conversation, which is nice, but totally inappropriate for "the fast and direct fun on the go".
You could do it like this: Let the users log in and tell them if there are currently any other users online. If so, they can shout something or grab current shouts by other online users and when they like one of them, they can reply. uShout could then ask if they want to start a 1:1 conversation.
Or you could do it completely the photo sharing way; every user can take a photo when connecting, which will then be posted along with a short message in a lobby. Others can rate it and/or request to start a conversation with the uploader. You could even do it like a game, with highscore lists for the users with the best ratings and a "photo of the week" and stuff.

Edit:

Click for full size

Thanks a lot for the feedback and I love your idea. The only real issue is lack of time I guess, but I will definitely look into it!

Gr8gorilla

Jan 29, 2010
Atlanta, Ga

Edit:

Click for full size

I think if you did this it would make this unique and very very interesting. The naughty potential is high but that is part of the appeal I think.....

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
It reminds me of an app I would use... random people sharing pics, just like shouts. Same exact concept. I think pics would be much better.. and replying to pics with a pic is much more interesting.

Wydi

Apr 1, 2010
Berlin
Thanks a lot for the feedback and I love your idea. The only real issue is lack of time I guess, but I will definitely look into it!
You're welcome! Hopefully, you realize some of this, that would be awesome! :)

It reminds me of an app I would use... random people sharing pics, just like shouts. Same exact concept. I think pics would be much better.. and replying to pics with a pic is much more interesting.
Pics or photos, that's an interesting question.
Photos would be far more creative and "fresh" while pics from, say, the SD card could soon make uShoot some kind of a mobile imageboard/*chan clone.
This could be great, of course, but it could also become a disaster. That's definitely depending..