[Q] Help, please! My battery?!
Okay, so.. I have a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit II 4G.
I have it rooted with the root stock from this thread
With that said, I've had this phone rooted for several months now. Since January or so. Over the course of that time, the phone has run without fault for months. Recently, I've had issues with my battery draining (as well as charging) far more quickly than it used to. I assumed this was an issue with the battery, because there was a slight bulge in it, so I bought a replacement battery that came yesterday. I charged it full (until the phone said it was 100%), from about 5% charge. It took the normal time (as the phone did when it was new) to charge, of just over 2 hours. It died almost completely about 2 1/2 hours later. Currently, I have my phone charging and it's at right around 90%, after just over an hour of charge from 20%. It used to take far longer to both charge, as well as die. What the Hell is going on?
Just a few notes:
- This is not the result of heavy usage (for power drain). I say this because even as the phone was idle while I slept, it died on its own accord sometime throughout the night.
- My bluetooth, WiFi, and GPS are almost always off, unless I'm using one of them for some purpose, and I haven't used any of those things since the new battery was installed.
- There are no applications running in the background, aside from Facebook. I know this because I'm using Advanced Task Killer to kill everything, and it keeps showing Facebook as if it's opening itself for some reason. This is another issue I'm concerned with, so if anyone knows why or how to remedy this, I'd be appreciative of knowing. Otherwise I'm likely to just delete this unnecessary application.
- This is not an issue where the phone is reading an incorrect charge over an extended period. It literally is dying and charging faster than normally.
- When the phone is rebooted, whether it be through "Restart" (app from Google Play), via the phone Power key, or removal of the battery, the phone drops around 20% battery life when the restart is complete. The absolute reverse happens (it gains 20%) when restarting with the phone plugged into an AC charger.
Is it possible that this has something to do with the root being outdated, or maybe something updated and I'm unaware? I sincerely have no idea what's going on, as this is the first phone I've ever rooted before. I'm sorry for the long post, but I wanted to give as much information as possible.