Camera won't record

Search This thread

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
I replaced my S4 with an M8 recently and I was going to use the S4 to record a video of the M8 boot animation and when I tried doing so it said "RECORDING FAILED". I've cleared app data, cleared /cache partition, formatted it, re-flashed 4.3 in Odin. Still isn't working. I'm assuming hardware defect?

When I replaced it I went to Verizon store and put the M8 on the contract (they said it was making a new one and this one technically disappearing but it never reset the date it expires so I assume same one) and changed the warranty I was paying $8 a month for to the new phone. Does this mean I can't send it in and get it replaced?

Phone is 100% stock now except its using 4.4.2 bootloader on Android 4.3 using the downgrade method.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I replaced my S4 with an M8 recently and I was going to use the S4 to record a video of the M8 boot animation and when I tried doing so it said "RECORDING FAILED". I've cleared app data, cleared /cache partition, formatted it, re-flashed 4.3 in Odin. Still isn't working. I'm assuming hardware defect?

When I replaced it I went to Verizon store and put the M8 on the contract (they said it was making a new one and this one technically disappearing but it never reset the date it expires so I assume same one) and changed the warranty I was paying $8 a month for to the new phone. Does this mean I can't send it in and get it replaced?

Phone is 100% stock now except its using 4.4.2 bootloader on Android 4.3 using the downgrade method.

I believe youd have to just activate the S4 back onto your line so that it's the one with the insurance.... Then send it in and pay the deductible.

You should be able to get an answer though from someone at Verizon. Id just throw your Sim in the S4 though before making any insurance calls.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
I believe youd have to just activate the S4 back onto your line so that it's the one with the insurance.... Then send it in and pay the deductible.

You should be able to get an answer though from someone at Verizon. Id just throw your Sim in the S4 though before making any insurance calls.

That's right, the insurance policies cover whatever model is on the phone line, not the specific model, or you would be paying double for insurances on both devices.

On another note, OP, I notice you said you pay 8 a month for insurance. I'm assuming that's Asurion because they do most of the monthly payment policies. I would consider looking at other insurance companies. Verizon has other insurance companies, they don't advertise it you have to ask. These companies are regional and offer better deals than Asurion. I pay $60 for the year to insure my phones.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Mistertac

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's right, the insurance policies cover whatever model is on the phone line, not the specific model, or you would be paying double for insurances on both devices.

On another note, OP, I notice you said you pay 8 a month for insurance. I'm assuming that's Asurion because they do most of the monthly payment policies. I would consider looking at other insurance companies. Verizon has other insurance companies, they don't advertise it you have to ask. These companies are regional and offer better deals than Asurion. I pay $60 for the year to insure my phones.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk