[ROM][WiFi-ONLY]Konstantin's NoName Vanilla Honeycomb v0.4 (11/12) [DOWNLOAD POSTED!]

Search This thread

mark.m.moran

Mar 2, 2010
Dublin
The rom already comes embedded with RieGo kernel 0.5, so you dont have to install it separately.

Great news! I am having issues connecting to my PC and Kies with all custom ROMS and original stock Samsung ROM as well so I hope with vanilla Honeycomb this might be fixed?? Does it have a mass storage option for when connecting to the computer?

Cheers,
M

Edit: Still is not recognised by the computer when I plug in the USB cable :-( Kies does not pick it up either?? I do get a message on screen saying "Connected, Press the home key to quit Samsung Kies" and a USB logo but that is all.....

Last edited:

Denil Wong

Jun 3, 2008
would be nice to have another colored theme rather than the usual black. Also with real like icons. One thing i dislike about samsung is that the icons seem to be too "cartoon-like". I like how htc's widgets and icons looks so "real". :)

DeezNotes

Apr 14, 2010
Baltimore
One of the few things I noticed coming from the KI2 release is that the screen doesn't rotate as quick on this ROM. I've tried changing the settings in spare parts but it doesn't seem to help that slight delay before the screen decides to move. Not a big deal though. Still very nice work.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

dpakrr

Oct 12, 2010
Wellington
Great news! I am having issues connecting to my PC and Kies with all custom ROMS and original stock Samsung ROM as well so I hope with vanilla Honeycomb this might be fixed?? Does it have a mass storage option for when connecting to the computer?

Cheers,
M

Edit: Still is not recognised by the computer when I plug in the USB cable :-( Kies does not pick it up either?? I do get a message on screen saying "Connected, Press the home key to quit Samsung Kies" and a USB logo but that is all.....

unplug your usb cable. go to settings->applications->development and make sure usb debugging is disabled. now plug in the usb and see if it connects to your pc

mark.m.moran

Mar 2, 2010
Dublin
unplug your usb cable. go to settings->applications->development and make sure usb debugging is disabled. now plug in the usb and see if it connects to your pc

Thanks mate, tried all that many many times and still no good :-( The only time it tries to install windows drivers is when I reboot it and during boot up they try to install?? Once I get into Honeycomb it is not recognised.....and Kies will not pick it up.

Cheers,
M

Last edited:

dpakrr

Oct 12, 2010
Wellington
Thanks mate, tried all that many many times and still no good :-( The only time it tries to install windows drivers is when I reboot it and during boot up they try to install??

Cheers,
M

hm strange. i assume you already have kies installed right? even if you do, unplug the usb cable from your tab. download and install the following drivers.

http://download2us.softpedia.com/dl.../SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_x86.exe

if it says "drivers already installed", still install it anyways. reboot if necessary. reconnect usb cable to your tab and see if that helps

wonderstivi

Jan 16, 2010
Hm... I didn't notice the step where I should've formated /system when I first installed the rom, so guess I'm still on TW. Nice that the mini app bar is gone!

Rom is also fast and stable :)

guih

Jan 5, 2011
it always make me super happy to find a new dev come out for our Tabs. Much appreciated man!

mark.m.moran

Mar 2, 2010
Dublin
hm strange. i assume you already have kies installed right? even if you do, unplug the usb cable from your tab. download and install the following drivers.

http://download2us.softpedia.com/dl.../SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_x86.exe

if it says "drivers already installed", still install it anyways. reboot if necessary. reconnect usb cable to your tab and see if that helps

Cheers man, I tried all that but still the Tab is not picked up :-( I have sent it in for repair this evening, if of course they can repair it!!

I flashed a stock image using Odin back onto it before sending back, will they be able to tell it was rooted? I noticed a flash counter on the Odin screen so wonder will that now be +1 as I did not have time to check it?? I checked and Clockworkmod Recovery was gone, all that was there was the stock recovery.....

Cheers,
M

KonstantinKeller

Aug 22, 2011
Flowery Branch
Cheers man, I tried all that but still the Tab is not picked up :-( I have sent it in for repair this evening, if of course they can repair it!!

I flashed a stock image using Odin back onto it before sending back, will they be able to tell it was rooted? I noticed a flash counter on the Odin screen so wonder will that now be +1 as I did not have time to check it?? I checked and Clockworkmod Recovery was gone, all that was there was the stock recovery.....

Cheers,
M

I dont think that samsung would even care if it had a custom recovery. Samsung supports development, and you PAID for your tablet. What do you expect them to do?

mark.m.moran

Mar 2, 2010
Dublin
I dont think that samsung would even care if it had a custom recovery. Samsung supports development, and you PAID for your tablet. What do you expect them to do?

Cool, just thought that they would not honour the warranty if they found a custom ROM on it. Loads of people on here reckon you should put stock ROM back on or unroot before sending back for repairs etc. If you had to send yours back what would you do?

Cheers,
M

b00sted

Dec 24, 2009
Mount Morris NY
this rom has me itching to try it out, you going to be tossing the reboot menu in it? i been on touchwiz since it came out but this may sway me back... ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4.jpg

ROM Forum: Here!

Change Log:
    v0.4:
    Included Newest RieGo Kernel (v0.7)
    Speed Improvements

v0.3:
    Included Newest Market (3.3.11)
    Included HoneyBar (Should Start Automatically, If It Doesn't, Open HoneyBar)
    Included UAString To Change User Agent In Default Browser (Under Advanced Settings!)

v0.2:
    Added USB Charging (Not Confirmed Working)
    Included Roboto Fonts as Default Fonts from the ICS System Dump!

v0.1:
    Initial Release
    Included RieGo v0.5 Kernel
    Min-Frees Added (SuperCharger)
    Some Stuff I Forgot.

Features:
    Based off of Vanilla Honeycomb (No Touchwiz 3.1!)
    RieGo v0.7 Kernel (OC + Voodoo Sound!)
    USB Charging
    ICS Roboto Fonts!
    Ad-Hoc Supported!
    Rooted
    Updated SuperUser
    Updated Busybox
    Init.d Script Support!
    Memory Optimization
    Deodexed
    Removed Bloat-ware!
    Speed Optimizations
    Min-Frees Optimized for Tablet
    Removed Boot Animation (Cut Boot Time)
    Battery Scripts
    Reboot Options
    Zip-Aligns APKs Every Boot
    Custom Build.prop Edits
    More To Come + Custom Theme In The Works!

Bugs:
    None! Tell me if you find some!

How to Install: (IF YOU ARE UPDATING TO v0.3 FROM v0.2, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WIPE ANYTHING! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WIPE ANYTHING FROM v0.3 TO v0.4 EITHER! NOTHING!)
    1: MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP! I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR TAB EXPLODING/CAUSING HARM TO LIVING BEINGS!
    2: Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    3: Wipe Cache
    4: Wipe Dalvik Cache
    5: Format /system (Under Mounts and Storage ONLY IF YOU ARE COMING FROM A TOUCHWIZ ROM!)
    6: Flash ROM
    7: Let it sit for a few minutes to get setup!
    8: Setup and Reboot
    9: ENJOY!!!

After Boot, Install SETCPU and set governor to LAZY for BEST PERFORMANCE!

Downloads:
    MD5 v0.1: 82F5057A5204982CF0A697E2628BB32D
    MD5 v0.2: 947EBD315C2528FC524544014246E7B6
    MD5 v0.3: C92E2F9103005085109883ACD1C1551C
    MD5 v0.4: B3D511E322E0AAF25EC2E757414577B7

Downloads (All Versions)

Credits:
    Task650, For helping me and answering questions I asked, and init.d scripts! (And for listening to me whine + Some updater-script referencing! :D)
    RieGo, For the kernel!
    Samsung, For creating this powerful and great device!
    (If I am forgetting anyone, tell me!)

Donation Link (Not Required but Very Much Appreciated!)
    http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4228238
    ===============
    Mods
    ===============
    Swype Fix (By task650): http://dev-host.org/ygbyvq232lzi/Add_Swype_Fix.zip

================
    Themes
    ================
    None! (Yet)​
    if i flash this then the original v1 ill have a wifi connection?

Yeah you have to
    Credits:
    Task650, For helping me and answering questions I asked! (And for listening to me whine + Some updater-script referencing! )

lol. i like this.