[ROM] WebOS - Untethered [Download]

Search This thread

AidenM

Mar 10, 2011
Did you guys make a yourself build or just try using the one in the download? The one in the download is only 1mb so it's not an actual build. I created one and webos-dev-image-grouper.ext2 came out to be around 575mb

Oh man did I upload the wrong file? Thats why it isnt working

Sadly, I deleted my linux partition so I'll recompile it sometime next week and put it up

sorry guys

Reactions: NabhanKhan100

thedoginme87

Nov 6, 2011
Constanta
Re: WebOS - Untethered [Download]

How is webos compared to android?:eek: sorry for asking ..never had the chance to try it out and i don't know how to build it either
..can anybody upload a zip file??( if it's flashable like android roms)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Freak

Jun 23, 2005
Little Rock, AR

What about the bootloader file? I push the file but it still boots to android.

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

For those of you who cant build from source, here are the official nightly builds from the project. Do not mirror them!

Found this and it works.

Reactions: 360porcento

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

got a brand-spanking-new N7 for Christmas and saw on a news site about a WebOS port.

Now, I'm not sure if any of you have seen the Nook Color forums but I'm gonna tell you, they hacked a 2010 $250 e-reader to run every version of Android and Ubuntu. I'm a tinkering kind of guy and decided to give this ago.

So pretty much I took instructions from here:

http://www.webos-ports.org/wiki/Nexus_7_Build_Setup

And installed to the device here:

http://www.webos-ports.org/wiki/Testing_Nexus_7

It is moderate-hard difficulty, especially for people who have never tinkered with this kind of stuff before. There's only so much I can do for you guys, but I have simplified the install process quite a bit.

I DO reccomend building it yourself if you can, because it provides a learning experience plus you can get the build fresh out of the oven.

Note: This is work in progress, some stuff may not work, alpha, blah blah most of you have heard it.

Without further ado, I present to you:

WebOS Installation Guide - Nexus 7 Edition

Windows:

1. Download Windows.zip
    2. Extract all to one directory, make sure Nexus is plugged in & ADB on
    3. Run "Boot.exe"
    4. Wait.

Linux version to come; Mac i'm not so sure about.

Credits: ALL credits go to WebOS-ports for making this port in the first place. I just made it easier for the common user to test this thing out. You can thank me if you like but please remember to do so to WebOS-ports as well.

Notes:

-This is an alpha build, according to the dev. It's nothing you could use everyday as an OS but this stuff is fun to play with
    -I nor WebOS-ports take responsibility for your device in anyway! I don't care if your cat dies because it ate your N7 running WebOS, or you caused WWIII, or whatever. Please take caution.
    Looks interesting and I am the tinkering kind of guy myself. Down to check it out. Oh, and I always wanted to say it.....FIRST!
    Using the image from 4/26/2013 I have not been able to get it to boot either, just hangs on a black screen.
    Yep, I'll include in OP and it saves me the trouble of reinstall Linux.

Of course, all credits will go to you :p

Actually I deleted it the other day but I'm rebuilding now. I'll put up a link as soon as I'm finished.