boomsound volume levels?

Search This thread

kingrichards

Mar 25, 2010
Hello everyone got my silver pre order yesterday...does anyone noticed the boomsound is not as loud?
I mean I have the volume all the way up and I was under impression to be a bit more louder am I missing something are there a setting somewhere I can't seem to find it again I tried putting volume all the way up maybe defect anyone?

Matt

Feb 4, 2012
Nottingham, UK
;p nah to be honest, if it's no blowing you away then it's faulty! It's hard to explain how loud it should be...
pick a song I'll record it for you so you can hear the sound of mine

jackwu95

Nov 7, 2012
I agree with the others, it startled me upon the first startup.
This is probably the first phone that I don't have the volume up to 100% all the time. In contrast, I'm using around 30% volume and still feel its loud..
If you don't feel its loud, go replace it ;)

kingrichards

Mar 25, 2010
Yep that's EXACTLY what I was saying I mean it's loud but not like in the youtube review videos that I've seen on the Internet where everybody's keeping it below hundred percent I'm at like a hundred percent and not happyit's definitely not blowing me away its loud though but not blowing me away loud

slaveonepunx

Feb 16, 2008
St. Louis
I find it loud for ringtones and notifications but music and video is not louder than SGS3

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Hello everyone got my silver pre order yesterday...does anyone noticed the boomsound is not as loud?
I mean I have the volume all the way up and I was under impression to be a bit more louder am I missing something are there a setting somewhere I can't seem to find it again I tried putting volume all the way up maybe defect anyone?

Don't compress your mp3 files or video files! Make sure the bitrate is high enough.

I am reading threads that's complaining about how loud the volume is even on the lowest setting yet I find this thread stating that the volume isn't that loud on the highest setting. :/

Kinda contradicting to be honest.

jhonsok

Jul 15, 2010
Best to turn beats off when in a big room or a loud enviroment when using the speakers.

Beats on is great when I'm at home and it's not too noisy as you can really hear the low end.

But to be honest I usually leave beats off unless I'm using headphones.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Reactions: py_martinez

kingrichards

Mar 25, 2010
So now it's the files all I'm saying is on videos I saw on YouTube they all have to lower their volume down I'm like at 100% not as blow me away loud just wondering if anyone experiencing the same

wontcachme

Jun 22, 2008
Nijmegen
Louder? When im in my room and i have the sound on the lowest setting im still thinking i'll wake everyone up. That thing is really really loud. Im wishing for a setting with even less sound.

Sango2

Jun 13, 2012
Vancouver, BC / Seattle, WA
Dude I'm definitely not getting that lol it's just loud like any other gs 3 phone lol

So only in youtube it doesn't sound loud?

Did you try the ringtones? Even thou I did not get my phone yet since it will ship Monday, I was testing the AT&T one they had on demo. Just simply playing Ringtone at the lowest setting was quite audible and didn't want to put it up louder since I was the only customer in the store and there was a bunch of employes standing nearby in proximity to where I was.

Probably be safe to say if the ringtones are not loud either, then it could be problem.

vapotrini

Dec 31, 2004
Louder? When im in my room and i have the sound on the lowest setting im still thinking i'll wake everyone up. That thing is really really loud. Im wishing for a setting with even less sound.

Don't get me wrong, it's loud. It's loud enough. However while streaming music for instance, if it could go up a notch or 2 more, it would be even better imo.

kingrichards

Mar 25, 2010
Ok so here is another question boomsound or no boomsound?.is it me or boom sound off it's louder like a bit?
Anyone agree?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright guys I got it. http://db.tt/XrjlOifs . Now your going to have to extract this and take the tfa folder out of the etc folder. change it out with the tfa folder in your Rom.zip file and reflash your Rom with a factory reset. This needs to be flashed fresh. Otherwise you will not notice a difference.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda premium

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Incase you all are wondering what I did, was I found a 1.27 Rom and I took all the sound and audio files out of the ect and put them in the 1.29 ect. That fixed it all. Hope you enjoy and hope it is what you all wanted. I told you it could be done :)

I'll upload a new one for you. Hold on.

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

Link updated http://db.tt/HDc84Ykr

Interesting, didn't see anybody give me any credit. Got to love xda, this is why I don't get into the big developing scene anymore. Oh well. We will see who all gets the louder speakers when I have it all ironed out. Thanks for everyone helping and testing this stuff for me. You all are the reasons why I like to help.

It should be deafening, if you put it to your ear
    No , mine continues to go up. My volume at half way is what used to be full volume on 1.29. It still continues to raise the volume past halfway. Not a lot but it is noticeable. You notice more trebble. I assume this has to be how 1.27 is.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Also it sounds if it where to go up any higher that it would be a lot of distortion and possibly blow the speakers.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Speaking of which, I still have faith that I can raise the volume in the snd_soc files. Switching those files out didn't do anything because they are a lot alike volume wise. If we were to raise the volumes then do a fresh flash with them or put it in root explorer that special way I guarantee it will work.