Turn your JAM to ultimate MP3 player

Search This thread

xcilion

Jul 25, 2005
Dandie said:
Really? The channels are reverse? Even with the Expansys adapter? That's stupid. They could have reversed it there. I couldn't find an option in my music players on the magician to change the balance. I am too lazy to make my own soundfile.
What is considering the price: Well, they shipped it extremely fast to my home and the quality is quite good. Sure you can find cheaper adapters, I was using one before. But with that adapter, I had the problem that it was causing noise when it was moved inside the jack. The Expansys adapter only rarely does this. Don't know why. It also is shorter than normal adapter cables which is better for wearing it in the pocket.
If you want it cheaper, just get a normal 3 Pin Adapter instead. It also worked fine for me.

In BetaPlayer (TCPMP) you can reverse the stereo.

Just goto Tools > Audio > Swap left/right

Use DSP_EN to get the good quality sound :).

parklife

Feb 5, 2004
JKT
bedaone said:
Has anyone actually managed to use a Sony-Ericsson headset with the jam? Im seriously thinking of buying the HPM-70, but naturally im a bit worried about cutting the wires on a brand new headset...

I've seen the mods done here, and although they are nice, I think it would be great to use the HPM-70 mic, since i find the one that came with the jam has way to low volume (i basicly have to scream into it to be heard), plus the SE one has noicecanceling and so on.

However, the SE headset uses FastPort connectors, making it incompatible with the jam. Would it be possible to slaughter the original headset and use that 2.5mm plug instead of the fastport?

Hey this is a great idea. The HPM-70 looks cool and got 3.5mm for my sony headphone, or i can use the SE headphone than comes with it, i think its pretty good already.
i think it can be done by changing the SE fastport with the 2.5mm cable from OEM jam headset from the inside of the mic. I will do some research for this.
what do you guys think?

J-A-J-O

Dec 8, 2005
Whitefox said:
Well i see all you guys sacrifice a set of expensive headphones to be able to listen to music with propper quality. its a real sinn to do that.
I made an ultra cool 3,5mm adapter WITH mic. :twisted:
just cut the cables and soldered a DIY 3,5mm stereo plug

i have to say that ppl will look realy strange at you when you are calling handsfree with DJ headphones. :wink:

Carlis said:
Hi ..
I did it with my Sony MDR-EX71 SL ..
I did just connect before the extension cord .. so now I can use any headset or just connect it to my car stereo or home stereo.. :)

Did the best adapter .. :) Mic and volume control still there ;)

Carlis

Click on picture to enlarge.

joetheman said:
For those people who want to have better audio, but don't want to sacrifice the plug of an expensive new set of headphones, this is what i did:

i had been wanting to do this for ages, but when the earphones of my handsfree died after a year of cycling, i just cut the wire above the mic/answer button of the handsfree of my XDA1 and soldered them into a normal 3.5mm headphone SOCKET. so now i can plug whatever earphones i like (i have an old pair of Sennheisers and my current one is a noise-cancelling Philips) into it, and even a cable to connect it to your home stereo - which gets unnerving for guests when the music stops for your phone to ring. LOUDLY :)

well anyway, Pros:
- keep expensive headphones intact for use with other devices/applications
- make XDA audio more useful with ability to connect to home stereos, car players that have an audio-in, etc.
- retain mic and call pickup/end buttons (dancing like the iPod silhouettes one moment, talking to mother the next, all with same headphones)
- amazingly better audio
- if you botch up the soldering job, its a $1 socket, not a $$ headphone

cons:
- earphone cable can get a tad long
- 1 more cable to organise on top of the earphone's cable

i'll be doing this with my XDA2's handsfrees soon, cos i cant get music to stream into my bluetooth headset (itech media player headset, if any gurus have a tip PLEASE help. this is daft why cant bluetooth be a simple I/O protocol instead of all these profiling stuff). so if there is enough interest i'll document the process and put it up somewhere...

jo
www.nopuncturesplease.com

How did you do that?? I was trying to do the same 3 days ago, and to present day I don't know how to connect the cables to make the volume control work! When I'm fading out the volume the the sound is corrupted, it's good only on maximum volume. Do you have the same problem?? If no, can you make the scheme how to connect the cables?

Of course i'm talking abaut 3,5mm jack connector connected to headset to keep mic, answer call button and volume control

max414

Dec 31, 2005
Islamabad
help

do we need to open the original headphone panel and get the sony earphones in place...cant we use sony earphones as they are via adapter to get the same result

boomshaker

Sep 1, 2005
HAs anyone change the Motorolaheadset from the Mpx 200/220?
It sounds great...
Andy you´v got a microphone...!

max414

Dec 31, 2005
Islamabad
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreply

do we need to open the original headphone panel and get the sony earphones in place...cant we use sony earphones as they are via adapter to get the same result

Azamat

Jan 13, 2005
The Hague
Does anyone know where I can buy the Sony-Ericson HPM-20 2.5mm ?

I bought one ones of Ebay (handy-mobile.com) but they only seem to have the ones with the big-sony-plug
Then it was like 7 euro's a piece...
100112_00.jpg

I used it for like 6 months. Which is a pretty long time cuz I ussualy use my headstets for like 2 months or so.

Thanks for the effort!

airone

Dec 31, 2005
Sofia
I think that is better.

Just find the 2,5mm to 3,5mm adapter/cable.You can find it in the N-gage packet.So you can listen music with big normal headphones.It is very, very good.I do it.Now ilisten my 203 *.mp4's and its great...

Reactions: Froid

Azamat

Jan 13, 2005
The Hague
airone said:
I think that is better.

Just find the 2,5mm to 3,5mm adapter/cable.You can find it in the N-gage packet.So you can listen music with big normal headphones.It is very, very good.I do it.Now ilisten my 203 *.mp4's and its great...

Yeah but I want to keep my headphone option....

Does anyone know where I can get a Sony Ericson HPM-20 with a 2.5mm plug?

televisi

Feb 17, 2006
You can try ebay, I found couple in ebay.com.au (as I'm in australia)

killercheung said:
I prefer use a 2.5mm -> 3.5mm stereo adatpor for listen mp3.....
not every people want to convert their expansive earphone to a XDA-ONLY handsfree...

gujjuman

Aug 30, 2005
Wiki on headset

Just wanted to thank the authors and contributors of the wiki for headset modification...i have never used a soldering iron before and decided to try it out, much to my wife's dismay...anyways, the project took about an hour and only $10 for the iron and solder...now i have a kicking headset with working mic as well..thanks so much guys for taking the time to give such detailed instructions...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think that is better.