MDA Compact 2 is dead after a failed upgrade to WM6

Search This thread
Sep 19, 2005
i had unllocked my compact2 successfully with lokiwiz03a. tried flashing the original T-mobile rom to Charmer_Touch_ver[1]._2.1_TouchFLO Charmer WM6 ver. 2.1 FINAL by vlodeck. but after the hard reset it hang at boot splash whitch says

IPL 2.06.0001
SPL 2.06.0001
GSm 02.19.21
OS 4.0.0.0

Now iam not able to sync the devices with my xp machine with active sync4.5.
Can someone help me with this.

ChrBeck

Mar 24, 2008
Trier
Go to the bootloader. To get in it press the camera button while you reset. Then connect it with your PC wait until it installed the device and then run an original t-mobile rom. It's the best to use the AKU3.3 ROM.
After the flashing is compled it should load the t-mobile rom.

Report if it doesn't work.

Have fun

ChrBeck

In German:

Du musst im Bootloader (Also wenn da die 3 Farben sind) das USB Kabel anschließen. Dann einfach das original Update von T-Mobile laufen lassen. (In den Bootloader kommt man wenn man während dem Reset den Camera Knopf drückt. Das T-Mobila Update gibt es auf der Seite für Geschäftskunden. Dort nach MDA Compact 2 suchen.)

Last edited:

goaismine

Jun 11, 2008
mda comapct 2 / t-mobile crash after wm6 upgrade !!

hey,
i have the same problem

mda comapct 2
upgrade to wm6

now only bootloader works

and the startup screen then it hangs

please help me

thank you

robert

ChrBeck

Mar 24, 2008
Trier
Solved for Robert with a Mail. For all who want the manual in German (Same as written before so look there for English):
Du musst im Bootloader (Also wenn da die 3 Farben sind) das USB Kabel anschließen. Dann einfach das original Update von T-Mobile laufen lassen. (In den Bootloader kommt man wenn man während dem Reset den Camera Knopf drückt. Das T-Mobila Update gibt es auf der Seite für Geschäftskunden. Dort nach MDA Compact 2 suchen.)

Nokia 3650

Jun 6, 2008
Kingston 8
I've flashed my unit as well successfully, but then it reboots (as it should) then turns off, after showing the IPL/SPL information. Any suggestions?

Nokia 3650

Jun 6, 2008
Kingston 8
What I should have said was that this happens to all the ROMS I'vew tried. I've successfully flashed the original ROM (like the others), but it hung on the boot screen like the rest.

ChrBeck

Mar 24, 2008
Trier
It semms that there is a problem in the bootloader. I think your Charmer is a stone now, because if flashing the original ROM, witch includes the bootloader doesn't help - nothing helps.

ChrBeck

Mar 24, 2008
Trier
I had the same problem. You have to flash them as os.nb. Because in this flashing way the system doesn't recognize that you have changed the ROM.

Try vlodeck's Touch Flow ROM it will work.

ChrBeck

Mar 24, 2008
Trier
OK. one Question: Is your System CGI unlocked? (Bootloader 1.X). If not it doesn't always take the ROMs.

ChrBeck

Mar 24, 2008
Trier
OK, you have to use the NOID tool then. Otherwise it ereases the ROM after flash.
I think it's the EPROM, but first try my ROM and see what happens.

Nokia 3650

Jun 6, 2008
Kingston 8
I've already flashed using the NOID tool successfully. The symptoms are still the same.

NB: The phone boots perfectly, only if its powered by an external 3V power source.

Nokia 3650

Jun 6, 2008
Kingston 8
Does anyone know any of the Mtty.exe commands for erasing the EPROM and starting over? I've found no suitable answers in the search forums.