[CWM 5.0.2.8] Build from CM7 Buzz Source!

Search This thread

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
Here is the Lastest CM7 CWM 5.0.2.8 Recovery in PC49IMG.zip format.

No change log just got this build from building CM7 Sources for the Buzz so thought i pass it on like!

I have noticed though if you press the home and menu button the Selection bar goes up and down and search button now enters.

Feel free to mirror.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2097284807/PC49IMG.zip

Place on the root of your SDCard boot in to Hboot mode and it will want to flash say yes and reboot.

If your like me and are fastboot fans you can type.

fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Enjoy!

L

LastStandingDroid

No change log just got this build from building CM7 Sources for the Buzz so thought i pass it on like!

I have noticed though if you press the home and menu button the Selection bar goes up and down and search button now enters.

Feel free to mirror.

Place on the root of your SDCard boot in to Hboot mode and it will want to flash say yes and reboot.

fastboot devices

Enjoy!

will check this one out cheers

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
No need to thank me, i just noticed it when building from the CM7 sources on my Android Cloud building Bot setup! If anything thank the CM7 team and Koash!

Reactions: lispa

hacktrix2006

Jan 15, 2011
I have more to share soon after me a justice along with kssod has finished something nice for use all.

LucidSomnia

May 28, 2011
Paphos
Nice indeed and thanks for reply :)

Edit: i noticed the same things work in latest official.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Last edited:

lokenok

Feb 7, 2012
Hong Kong
www.youtube.com
ive got trouble flashing on hboot mode. it checks the .zip file but dosent ask me if i want to flash it

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

im having trouble on hboot it checks the .zip file but dosent ask me if i want to flash it ..

btw im new to flashing htc wildfire but not samsung galaxy mini

Justice™

Jul 3, 2011
Could we eventually get a touch recovery made? That would be great. Thanks for building this!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

GlennBrownie

May 31, 2011
Manchester
ive got trouble flashing on hboot mode. it checks the .zip file but dosent ask me if i want to flash it

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

im having trouble on hboot it checks the .zip file but dosent ask me if i want to flash it ..

btw im new to flashing htc wildfire but not samsung galaxy mini

if it won't work through the .zip file - try this:

Extract the zip, and rename to recovery.img to make it simple in ADB.

move the recovery.img to the same folder as your fastboot is in so it will be in ANDROID-SDK / TOOLS / recovery.img

as fastboot is located in ANDROID-SDK / TOOLS / fastboot.exe

then follow these commands EXACTLY as I tell you.

reboot phone in to bootloader - Power off, then HOLD volume down and press power, use volume keys for up and down and select fastboot.

now, open command line and start ADB - This part I expect you to know if you have a rooted phone, but humour me - the commands are " adb start-server"

remount, and open a shell - the commands are "adb remount", then enter "adb shell"

then enter the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

FINALLY, enter "fastboot reboot"

Recovery update complete... try rebooting into recovery to confirm this.

PLEASE NOTE - Some people have had issues with running fastboot through shell, if the above steps do not work try this: -

reboot phone in to bootloader - Power off, then HOLD volume down and press power, use volume keys for up and down and select fastboot.

now, open command line and start ADB - This part I expect you to know if you have a rooted phone, but humour me - the commands are " adb start-server"

Remount, "adb remount"

now we are ready to get started to flash this recovery, firstly you must navigate to your fastboot folder - fastboot is located in ANDROID-SDK / TOOLS / fastboot.exe - and launch cmd from the tools folder.

to do this you must first erase your current recovery and then flash the new recovery.img

So to wipe the recovery, when in terminal enter " fastboot erase recovery "
then enter the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

FINALLY, enter "fastboot reboot"

Recovery update complete... try rebooting into recovery to confirm this.

PLEASE NOTE please ensure you have entered these commands carefully or you will NOT have a recovery on your phone.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MODIFICATIONS OR CHANGES YOU MAKE TO YOUR PHONE, I AM ONLY COMPILING THIS GUIDE TO HELP ALL USERS.

Last edited:

Nakulkhanna

Jun 28, 2011
gurgaon
guys i have clockworkmod V4xxxx something... and thinking to upgrade to this 1... so can u tell me how to do it?? should i just enter recovery by pressing vol. down n power button and then flash this zip from my current clockworkmod??

saadislam

May 28, 2010
Riyadh
You need to flash it via fastboot.

Flashing in recovery will give you temperory recovery. After reboot you will be reverted to your previous recovery.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
guys i have clockworkmod V4xxxx something... and thinking to upgrade to this 1... so can u tell me how to do it?? should i just enter recovery by pressing vol. down n power button and then flash this zip from my current clockworkmod??

First make a nandroid backup

Download the PC49IMG.zip file from the OP put on root of sdcard then power off , power on with volume down pressed and when it asks to update say yes wait to finish then power off
Remove sdcard use pc to delete PC49IMG.zip reinsert sdcard then power on

If you use custom partitions you need to boot in to cwm and restore your partitions and your backup that you made earlier then reboot

JovanRis

Dec 4, 2010
It seems that after I flashed the recovery my phone gets stuck on the htc logo screen. And as mentioned above i deleted the update file after flashing :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Feel free to mirror.

fastboot devices

Enjoy!
    Yep same here, i just can't get the grips with them kind of people. But i will when i have time see if there is a newer build source code wise to build for people.
    Thanks hacktrix2006 for share.+1 to you :)
    No need to thank me, i just noticed it when building from the CM7 sources on my Android Cloud building Bot setup! If anything thank the CM7 team and Koash!
    link not work, help pls

For me the link is working. If it's still not working for u download the attached file :)