Tablet Mode for ICS roms :)

Search This thread

Jayydude_SGP

Jan 5, 2012
Gates County, NC
Okay. So I'm working with others on getting our devices in tablet mode. I've gotten far enough to hare with you guys. Only some apps are in tablet mode. gapps and su etc.... so basically you must be running CM9 ( haven't flashed AOKP to try it yet) and you CANNOT HAVE NAVIGATION BAR! When I figure out how to get the bottom status bar with ics buttons ill let you all know:)

Now what you need to do is download LCD Density Modifier ( or root explorer just need access to LCD density)
Change it to anything between 129-160, reboot and viola. You'll have the SEMI-Tablet mode.

This is my first thread. If I'm leaving important info out please let me know. Enjoy your 5in tablet.

UPDATE!!!!

Thanks to @Tnsrua2000 for developing this. ---- http://www.mediafire.com/?x7ndy4p9yx4e7ly

Download, wipe data factory reset, flash via cwm:)

It's wonderful. I believe sgp's should come stock with tablet ui :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus Player Tab ^_^

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSeanTeam

YoBob

Mar 9, 2011
Nice job so far. About the AOKP rom, I have it on my INTL device and I'm sorta getting semi tablet mode.

And what's the diff between 128 and 129 dpi? Will there be more tablet-like functions with 128 dpi? I have 129 right now and I'm getting some apps functioning with system UI intact.

Sent from my YP-G70 using XDA

Jayydude_SGP

Jan 5, 2012
Gates County, NC
Nice job so far. About the AOKP rom, I have it on my INTL device and I'm sorta getting semi tablet mode.

And what's the diff between 128 and 129 dpi? Will there be more tablet-like functions with 128 dpi? I have 129 right now and I'm getting some apps functioning with system UI intact.

I can't do the AOKP ROM it has too many bugs. And I didn't check with the 129 DPI? If you have the same amount of apps functioning I'll change it to 129 in the OP.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA Premium App

kfirbep

Feb 9, 2012
E verything is small even the keyboard i cant write. one word correct in the cirst shot.
I think i will turn it ba k to my previous resulution :)

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium

JackpotClavin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2011
New York
Try a systemui.apk from a tablet rom and maybe the status bar will be back

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Jayydude_SGP

Jan 5, 2012
Gates County, NC
Try a systemui.apk from a tablet rom and maybe the status bar will be back

A friend if mine noticed that there wasn't a difference between 129 dpi and 128 dpi. I knew on 129 it didn't fc but didn't notice that it worked just as well as 128:) I was going to direct you to a thread this guy gave me instructions on how to mod the apex launcher so that when we get the bottom status bar it would look good. He modded it for the nexus but their dpi is set to 192. And I'm not good enough at dev'ing to mod it. So can you take a look and give it a shot?

Jayydude_SGP

Jan 5, 2012
Gates County, NC
A friend if mine noticed that there wasn't a difference between 129 dpi and 128 dpi. I knew on 129 it didn't fc but didn't notice that it worked just as well as 128:) I was going to direct you to a thread this guy gave me instructions on how to mod the apex launcher so that when we get the bottom status bar it would look good. He modded it for the nexus but their dpi is set to 192. And I'm not good enough at dev'ing to mod it. So can you take a look and give it a shot? And will me pulling the systemui.apk from a tablet ROM give us the bottom status bar with the ICS buttons? :D

[EDIT] here's what he told me

jay,
couldn't do it blind anyway, hacking smali was more like trial and error. i sat one night and adb-pushed countless of times to see if changes were reflected or not. you'll be better off grabbing apktool (1-2 pages before you'll find a working version), learning dalvik-opcode basics and just hack it.

what i did was:

1. find everything that contains "density" and hardcode it. you'll be looking out for displaymetrics api's. density is a float, look up the manual and calculate it. make sure you encode it properly, use an IEEE 754 converter. denditydpi is an int which can be either 160, 240 or 320. scaleddensity, same as density.

2. half of the app drawer will be wasted. i had to kill a switch somehere to help it, but i dont find it because i trashed the rewritten smali by accident and my comments are gone. i studied the original launcher2 java code to find it. not so important for now.

3. you'll get the dock back by changing launcher.xml in the res files. take the original one and copy it over the one in the dpi600 folder. port and landscape need different implementations.

4. all the relevant sizes and styles were in dpi600.

im sorry it's such a mess. a real dev would have written down the pieces of code to change but im a newb and that's all that i can offer you.

Last edited:

YoBob

Mar 9, 2011
Well that helps :sarcasm: Tablet mode doesn't trigger just by changing the DPI. The systemui.apk fc's on boot. Unless your on AOKP. I'd use that ROM but it isn't available for the US YP-G70....

System UI on AOKP does FC on boot the same way as AOSP when below 129 dpi.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    guys....

1. Factory reset via cwm.

2. Install the zip file

http://www.mediafire.com/?x7ndy4p9yx4e7ly

...there it works too
    Okay. So I'm working with others on getting our devices in tablet mode. I've gotten far enough to hare with you guys. Only some apps are in tablet mode. gapps and su etc.... so basically you must be running CM9 ( haven't flashed AOKP to try it yet) and you CANNOT HAVE NAVIGATION BAR! When I figure out how to get the bottom status bar with ics buttons ill let you all know:)

Now what you need to do is download LCD Density Modifier ( or root explorer just need access to LCD density)
    Change it to anything between 129-160, reboot and viola. You'll have the SEMI-Tablet mode.

This is my first thread. If I'm leaving important info out please let me know. Enjoy your 5in tablet.

UPDATE!!!!

Thanks to @Tnsrua2000 for developing this. ---- http://www.mediafire.com/?x7ndy4p9yx4e7ly

Download, wipe data factory reset, flash via cwm:)

It's wonderful. I believe sgp's should come stock with tablet ui :D

I set mine to 120 and it switched for me

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium
    I've been trying. The farthest I've gotten it to work was when it said optimizing apps and then it boot loops.
    Im not in AOKP. Could you screenshot?

I'm about to test as soon as download completes.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA Premium App