[ROM] [AOSP] [4.2.2] Crossbones 2.3.3 [7/13/2013]

Search This thread

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
Would anyone be interested in creating a boot animation for us? We want something unique to the ROM, open to idea's, so whatever you want to do, we will review it.

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
So im testing a 4.2.2 release on my phone now and its running pretty good, going to get the input of mike on how its running for him, and you guys may bet a new release soon ;)

Reactions: Coycaine

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
OP updated with newest version!!!

This is not to dog anyone, and we know our ROM is no where near as feature rich as some out there, but we believe that this is the most stable 4.2.2 ROM around. From our own reading of issues that other ROM's were having once jumping to 4.2.2, to the opinions expressed to us from the people who tested, the response has been the same, this ROM has NO issues so please enjoy!

jpkelly05

Radios are not included with custom ROMs, you can flash whatever version you want, ill link you to the latest. http://www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstu...us/Stock/GA02/toroplus-CDMA-GA02-LTE-GA02.zip

I mean no disrespect and I only said I was green to this phone. But you can use any Radio available for any phone as long as the phone is rooted and has recovery. All I am asking, is what Radio is working best for Sprint Galaxy Nexus for you guys. When I was on Stock I had major Bluetooth problems. Is GA02 good? And yes I know every phone is different and every location is different. All I am asking is - is there a agreement of what radio seems to work best? Meaning Bluetooth works, Cell signal is optimal, Battery is not draining so fast you are charging every 3-4 hours.

Again no disrespect meant, not angry... I am happy- just a simple guy looking for the best for my phone performance :) In my experience - sometimes the newest is not the best.

And thank you for the very simple ROM. I love it!

Last edited:

mwielgosz

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2010
xbones.org
I mean no disrespect and I only said I was green to this phone. But you can use any Radio available for any phone as long as the phone is rooted and has recovery. All I am asking, is what Radio is working best for Sprint Galaxy Nexus for you guys. When I was on Stock I had major Bluetooth problems. Is GA02 good? And yes I know every phone is different and every location is different. All I am asking is - is there a agreement of what radio seems to work best? Meaning Bluetooth works, Cell signal is optimal, Battery is not draining so fast you are charging every 3-4 hours.

Again no disrespect meant, not angry... I am happy- just a simple guy looking for the best for my phone performance :) In my experience - sometimes the newest is not the best.

I am currently on GA02 and it's working perfectly for me. No signal issues, good battery life. I would update your Profile and PRL after flashing the radio update. I would recommend updating to it.

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012

Sorry I wasn't more clear, Yes GA02 is the newest and best option update your profile and prl after flashing (from the about phone menu), they only control your signal and slight battery use since they are active. All the others(bluetooth and such) are controlled by code in the ROM and the binary(driver) files pulled from the sprint 4.2.1 ota and built into the ROM, there is no reason and probably no flashable zip to replace them.

Battery Lasts pretty good on this rom, Im not a very heavy user but I can get 1-2hrs screen on time depending, battery usually lasts the full day.

Reactions: jpkelly05

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
The actual 4.2.2 tags for the device and hardware repos has now been pushed to the aosp server, a new build will be out for everyone some time this weekend!

Reactions: Acvice

Acvice

Aug 11, 2011
The actual 4.2.2 tags for the device and hardware repos has now been pushed to the aosp server, a new build will be out for everyone some time this weekend!

After reading about Muzzy's issues, do you think that this is going to affect your release this weekend? Im lookin forward to it!

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
After reading about Muzzy's issues, do you think that this is going to affect your release this weekend? Im lookin forward to it!

As of the test im running right now all is good, we are going to try the new 4.2.2 binaries and see if it still works, if not, we will revert back to the 4.2.1 ota binaries and it will work.

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
Awwh yisss! I hope the build drops tonight. I'm going out of town tomorrow and could seriously use some Crossbones level stability!

I dont know if the official release will be out, but there will most likely be a "test"release" out for download on goo Here About the only thing it wont have is a new boot animation unless you wait a bit.

Reactions: Acvice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xlle6g.png

mwielgosz - Lead Developer
    IT Blackbelt - Developer

Current version: 2.3.3
    This custom Android project is built off of Google android-4.2.2_r1.2 source code.
    The FEATURE list can be found here
    The CHANGELOG can be found here

Source code:
    https://github.com/Crossbones

------------------------------------------

Installation instructions:
    * Wipe your phone through recovery
    * Flash ROM
    * Flash gapps
    * Reboot

------------------------------------------

Download links:
    Current Version: 2.3.3 (Jellybean-4.2.2)
    ROM: 2.3.3 Download
    GAPPS: Official Gapps

Rom Updated, enjoy!
    I have a build going of a 100% stock 4.3 build thats rooted and has busy box included, only reason I havent included other features is because I want to see if data works before I do all that, but im fairly confident that there will be working data ;)
    OP updated, enjoy!
    Wondering if this is dead? Still using the last update. Every thing still working smooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Nope not dead, we both have been busy with life and we wanted to make the next release a great 1 so it's just taking a little time :p