[REQUEST] Can we use 3g usb internet dongle with OTG cable to get internet on N5 ?

Search This thread

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
I think its a matter of having the correct drivers implemented into the kernel in order for your phone to make sense of a 3g dongle stick. And since this is not really needed by most people so no one bothered with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tusshar.gaba

Jan 16, 2011
New Delhi
Is it possible to use 3g usb dongles on nexus 5 ??? .because it will be a great feature if it is possible by any how ...please any dev ..support needed

Mnt-XDA

Aug 6, 2013
Because it makes sense to support it on a tablet with no sim card slot.. Why would devs waste time developing support for an external sim card slot if it has a built in sin card slot?

It might not be in Priority for Developers with a phone with SIM card and 3g internet pack activated.

For example I used a postpaid sim for calling and use pre-paid sim for net ( having different cost for internet pack)

So, I like to use that pre-paid sim with a usb dongle for my nexus 5 for updating large apps and similar things, and this feature
with a special kernel / driver will be very helpful for me.

I guess there are other people also with similar situation...

If it is not very hard task for porting the driver for N5, I like to get that feature for N5 or Other latest android phones...

Thank you

Mnt-XDA

Aug 6, 2013
Sorry. Bad news, no one will bother doing it for two people

Its really bad that no devs are interested in doing that ( atleast you)
I don't know about other devs.

Hopefully everybody do not think similar and there is always hope for it.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK

I'm not a dev.

A dev won't waste time developing things (which aren't necessarily easy to do) for 2 people only. Maybe if there were 100 people who wanted to use it, someone may consider it, but since the N5 has a SIM card slot, what you want is very, very unique and no ones priority.

Of course, this is XDA so maybe you could learn from people with a Nexus 7 or whatever how to develop he function yourself.

Reactions: Elluel

Mnt-XDA

Aug 6, 2013
I'm not a dev.

A dev won't waste time developing things (which aren't necessarily easy to do) for 2 people only. Maybe if there were 100 people who wanted to use it, someone may consider it, but since the N5 has a SIM card slot, what you want is very, very unique and no ones priority.

Of course, this is XDA so maybe you could learn from people with a Nexus 7 or whatever how to develop he function yourself.

That I know ..do not need your advice , I know how to code ...
Create a poll if you like to to see how many people need that.
I need that.. and I know it.
If you don't need it ... don't come to this thread.
Simple enough ... nobody need your special opinion about all devs

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる

Do it yourself then, if it's something you need so much. ;)

What @rootSU said is the truth. If it's something that only 2 people need, a developer won't really bother going through what may end up being a difficult task just to do it for them, unless of course he/she needs it for themselves, which again is really unlikely as the Nexus 5 is a phone with a SIM slot, not a tablet.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK

I'm giving you simple truths. Accept it or not, its the way it is. Don't come in here with your mouthy sense of self-entitlement attitude. If you want it, learn to do it yourself because you and one other person wants it and no one else so stop begging and start learning. ...quietly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elluel

Mnt-XDA

Aug 6, 2013
I'm giving you simple truths. Accept it or not, its the way it is. Don't come in here with your mouthy sense of self-entitlement attitude. If you want it, learn to do it yourself because you and one other person wants it and no one else so stop begging and start learning. ...quietly.

I think you have enough time for baseless argument.... I will find my way...
Shout more and get more attention.
I am stopping here , you may continue...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry. Bad news, no one will bother doing it for two people

I'm not a dev.

Children can do comedy.

I think you have enough time for baseless argument.... I will find my way...
    Shout more and get more attention.
    I am stopping here , you may continue...

Solution = buy a Nexus 7 or since you can code try it yourself :)