WakeAndShake utility for PC wakeup / shutdown

Search This thread

dt_matthews

Jan 9, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Little utility for waking up / shutting down / rebooting or Logging off from the PC's on your network via you wm device.

Requirements;

# Wifi active on wm and connected on same local network as PC's
# Wake-On-Lan enabled on PC's
# allow http traffic on Port 7777
# obtain MAC Address for all PC's you wish to 'control'
# Multi form factor - check CAB name for correct version for your device :)

1. Install cab on device
2. Install the service via the msi installer on any PC's you wish to 'control'
3. Edit the WakeAndShakeConfig.xml on the device OR use the settings screen from within the app - enter your PC's IP addresses (or host name) and their corresponding MAC addresses.

09/02/2010 - Settings screen added (still needs some tweaking, a few navigation bugs)

Any Q's shout.

If you find this useful & wish to donate please see my sig button.

-=-=-

20/03 - update service installer

Attachments

• WakeAndShake_Screenshot.jpg
    WakeAndShake_Screenshot.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 22,068
  • WakeAndShakeInstaller_WVGA.CAB
    393.9 KB · Views: 430
  • ShutdownPcServiceInstaller.zip
    147.3 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

pndragon

Nov 30, 2007
man I've been dying for something like this for a while... eagerly awaiting a QVGA version :)

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
Wish someone can make a Video Tutorial
on how to set this & post on youtube :)
Please

Last edited:

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi dt_matthews,

it will be very amazing was it possible to skin it for DUSK.

I have seen the screenshot and i was thinking is this something what be possible in a future version?

dt_matthews

Jan 9, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
added IP address to settings xml and config, this is required if your PPC doesnt have regsitry entries mimicking hosts file lookup, ip address will be shown in the machine drop-down list along with the machine name

dt_matthews

Jan 9, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
added IP address to xml and to settings screen - this is required for PPC's that dont have registry entries which mimic hosts file lookups, these IP's are displayed in the machine dropdown along with the machine name

240z

Dec 9, 2009
Been waiting for an app like this :)
To bad I can't get the settings screen to work, it won't save the data I type in to the host, ip and mac fields.
And the xml file is clean except from the settings tag so I don't know how to modify the parameters :confused:

Please help...

dt_matthews

Jan 9, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
HTML:
<settings><machine name="machineName1" mac="071EB93CAD68" ip="192.168.1.87"/><machine name="machineName2" mac="0219DDAFC6B3" ip="192.168.1.85"/><machine name="machineName3" mac="001A437AA515" ip="192.168.1.65"/></settings>

This is a sample of a valid version of the xnml config. Just obviously change the name tags, the mac and the IP addresses to match your machines. then run the service installer on your machines and the cab on your device and you should be fine.

shout if its not clear

cheers,
dan

240z

Dec 9, 2009
Thanx! Works a lot better when one knows the param names :)
Next problem ;)
Can't get the HTTP Shutdown to run properly on the PC. It starts automatic but then stopps as it has no work to do (according to windows)

Suggestions?

dt_matthews

Jan 9, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Thanx! Works a lot better when one knows the param names :)
Next problem ;)
Can't get the HTTP Shutdown to run properly on the PC. It starts automatic but then stopps as it has no work to do (according to windows)

Suggestions?

that is as designed, its an http listener which wont be show as actively 'doing' anything by svchost.exe [service manager]. as long as you are connected to the same network (and workgroup) it should be ok. let me know

240z

Dec 9, 2009
i've tried this on two machines now. on one of them it won't work at all. on the other i got it to reboot ones. but know it doesn't work anymore.
on both machines windows reports application error on shutdownpcservice.exe and wants to send an error report to microsoft.

in the application log (under computer managment) i used to see how the shutdownservice started to listen to port 7777, but not anymore. it's like it not running.

i've tried to reinstall the program but that didn't do it.

thanks for your effort Dan :)

dt_matthews

Jan 9, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
i've tried this on two machines now. on one of them it won't work at all. on the other i got it to reboot ones. but know it doesn't work anymore.
on both machines windows reports application error on shutdownpcservice.exe and wants to send an error report to microsoft.

in the application log (under computer managment) i used to see how the shutdownservice started to listen to port 7777, but not anymore. it's like it not running.

i've tried to reinstall the program but that didn't do it.

thanks for your effort Dan :)
hey dude,

i've updated the service installer (see post #1) - uninstall the last version (make sure the service is uninstalled fully, you may need to uninstall it from the cmd line if it wont uninstall via the GUI) then install the new version, that is the version i am running without problems, let me know how you get on, happy to help with any tweaking ;-)

bugmenever

Apr 10, 2010
Can this be used to put the PC to sleep (into standby) rather than shutdown? If not, could this feature be added?

dt_matthews

Jan 9, 2006
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Windows cmd line doesnt support sleep, but there is an alternative i could use (i think), but i cant do it straight away since my pc with the code on has just given up the ghost and it'll be a bit of time till i can get the data off it, but let me know if you can wait and i'll do it as soona s i can.

cheers,
dan