LCD Density?

Search This thread

EnemyOfGlaDOS

Nov 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
But it's not the same using a launcher that gives you more columns and rows?

Just saying

Saludos desde Ecuador

Nope.. completely different. Web pages, even phone settings (not the actual settings, just what appears on the screen)and navigation are a little different. The default DPI is 240. Change that number and you'll notice a difference not just in your home screens but everywhere... menus, browser, keyboard, status bar, notification pull-down, ... everything. Its like changing the screen resolution on your PC.;)

sent from my Galaxy SII

Last edited:

obtained

Feb 29, 2012
Tulsa
I have mine set to 185. At 180 I get fc on dialer, but 185 everything has been working perfectly. I've had no problems downloading any app from the play store. Someone else has mentioned theirs being set to 185, I just wanted to also confirm.

Reactions: EnemyOfGlaDOS

jasvncnt1

Dec 8, 2011
Union NJ
What do you mean phone never comes back up? There's also apps that can change the LCD Density for you too

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I tried LCD Density modder. Tried changing from 240 to 220 just to test. Hit save and reboot. Phone reboots gets to galaxy screen and just sits. Wont ever fully boot. Have to restore.

EnemyOfGlaDOS

Nov 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
I tried LCD Density modder. Tried changing from 240 to 220 just to test. Hit save and reboot. Phone reboots gets to galaxy screen and just sits. Wont ever fully boot. Have to restore.

Have to restore? Like as in restore a nandroid backup? Try a different app. Use LCD Density from market. Maybe try a different value too. :confused:

Once you find a density you like its likely you won't go back to the default 240 :D

Reactions: jasvncnt1

jasvncnt1

Dec 8, 2011
Union NJ
Have to restore? Like as in restore a nandroid backup? Try a different app. Use LCD Density from market. Maybe try a different value too. :confused:

Once you find a density you like its likely you won't go back to the default 240 :D

Thanks. Yup I have to restore from backup. Ill try another one. I think the one you suggested is the one I tried.

Last edited:
Reactions: EnemyOfGlaDOS

EnemyOfGlaDOS

Nov 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
Thanks. Yup I have to restore from backup. Ill try another one. I think the one you suggested is the one I tried.

There's a few LCD Density and LCD Density Changer.. I think I prefer LCD Density better.. but ever since learning how to do it via build.prop I've been going that route :eek:

Let me know if you get it.. I'm curious!:)

Reactions: jasvncnt1

jasvncnt1

Dec 8, 2011
Union NJ
There's a few LCD Density and LCD Density Changer.. I think I prefer LCD Density better.. but ever since learning how to do it via build.prop I've been going that route :eek:

Actually I just went the build.prop route. Lol. Don't really like it though. I have accuweather widget on and kinda makes it look odd

Zepp's V6 SuperCharger...I put that **** on everything

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a screenie from when I was running CM7.1 nightly 9 with ADW EX launcher set to 8x8 homescreen with DPI set to 200

The dialer was compressed, but nothing that some editing of the numerical PNG files in contacts.apk couldn't fix. It worked fine, no force closes anywhere.

Super simple to do, just use Root Explorer to edit /system/build.prop and change the line:
    Code:
    ro.sf.lcd_density=200

...save + exit and reboot.

The smaller the number, the more compressed the pixels. My Dell Streak 5 default is dpi 160, so using a 4x4 touchwiz homescreen at 240 dpi is taking some getting use to.

Some market apps will refuse to install at anything other than stock dpi. Not a big deal, revert changes + reboot + install + mod dpi again + reboot + done.

For the record, I'm using UnNamed 1.1 this week at stock DPI (and amazed that I kinda like TW4)
    But it's not the same using a launcher that gives you more columns and rows?

Just saying

Saludos desde Ecuador

Nope.. completely different. Web pages, even phone settings (not the actual settings, just what appears on the screen)and navigation are a little different. The default DPI is 240. Change that number and you'll notice a difference not just in your home screens but everywhere... menus, browser, keyboard, status bar, notification pull-down, ... everything. Its like changing the screen resolution on your PC.;)

sent from my Galaxy SII
    Lower is bigger screen, smaller icons

Saludos desde Ecuador

Its not the size of the screen that matters. Its what u do with it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
    I have unfortunately touchwiz can't handle the change, i mean it still works but it doesn't adapt to the new size, neither does the dialer. tried turning off compatibility mode in spare parts, but that did nothing.