GPS navigation that works on Galaxy notes

Search This thread

betoNL

Still searching place in India, Google is number 1.
I have 4 offline navigator, still in prefers Google once I am running in coverage for data.

Got it...coverage is everything

just saw that some nav n go (iGO) maps for india are not that big (around 400MB) . 400MB is not that much for such a big country imo

However just saw that Sygic Aura is covering India quite well

Holland is a small country ( but with many streets) and iGO coverage is 99%
However when I am in Brazil for instance, I can use iGO only on big cities

Did you try Aura Sygic ?

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Ya sygic aura is my first choice for offline map.
India is big as well very congested country. If you believe sygic is quite big size though it doesn't covered 60% of. Google at city level and. Even 30% in rural area.
Definitely sygic have marvelous interface and Google is much behind in that case.
But as you said coverage is everything.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

billboo

Account currently disabled
Dec 27, 2010
Sygic saved me quite a bit of money on the weekend, it showed me speed cameras that I didn't know existed, it was fun having the voice of Yoda guide me back home

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've used CoPilot Live Premium and Navmii (also known as Navfree) on my Note. Both have offline map support (once you've downloaded them for the first time). Navmii is free and although it's early days I prefer it to CoPilot Live Premium.

I think it has only recently been added to the Market and wasn't there when I installed it from the link here - http://getsatisfaction.com/navmii/topics/android_release.

Now it is in the Market, here - https://market.android.com/details?...xLDEsImNvbS5uYXZmcmVlLmFuZHJvaWQuT1NNLkFMTCJd
    I am in India, following maps working flawlessly
    Sygic Aura
    N Drive
    Navigon
    Google Map (International Navigation)
    Sygic Navigator 11.2 (Aura)

Sygic Navigator 11.2 (Aura) works just fine.

Got it here (don't have enough posts to insert the link, but that should do ...)

[mod edit - do not post links to warez sites]

Never had any problems. And i've already traveled with it in three different european countries. Highly recommend. Used it also on my previous HTC DHD.
    For those, whose country does not support, Google Map voice navigation.
    Get 'Google Map with world navigation activated' from here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1429126
    Good news guys, I finally managed to get Papago X5 working on the Note, albeit with some GUI problems.

1. Install Papago X5 (including copying the Navisea folder to your Note's internal memory)
    2. Install "Spare Parts" from Market
    3. Run "Spare Parts" and ensure that "Compatibility mode" is unchecked/deselected
    4. Reboot your phone.
    5. Connect your SGN to your PC and mount it as a USB Storage Device
    6. Go to sdcard\Navisea\Organic
    7. Copy and paste the 854x480 folder in the Organic folder.
    8. Rename the copy of the 854x480 folder to 800x1280
    9. Go to sdcard\Navisea\Organic\EN
    10. Copy and paste the 854x480 folder in the EN folder.
    11. Rename the copy of the 854x480 folder to 800x1280
    11a. (Optional) Do the same thing for the other folders if you use the other languages.
    12. Unmount your phone from the PC and start Papago.

This is what it looks like on my phone. It'd be perfect if someone was able to resize the stuff in the EN folder to 800x1280. I found a program to edit the PSU files so I might try it out one of these days when I've got more time on my hands.

Credit goes to Entaro: xda-developers - View Single Post - Do you have any little disappointments with the note

I've crossposted this in Hardwarezone.