Espresso Sense(SS21)V2.1! 5/31/13 UPDATE (Android: 2.3.3 + HTC Sense) W/Beats!

Search This thread

ThEuNdYiNg1

Dec 27, 2009
jacksonville
Espresso Sense & Espresso SS21

I am NOT responsible for any damage done to your phone

Espresso Sense is based of http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=987251

Espresso SS21 is Salsa slide updated with Espresso Sense files.

THEY CAN BE USED FOR DAILY USE!

Android: 2.3.3 (Gingerbread)
HTC Sense: 2.1 with HTC Sense 3.0 Things like HTC LockScreen 3.0, HTC TaskManager, HTC FileManager and probably alot more that i dont know bout.

Rom = fast and smooth.

Working
Basically everything.

NOT Working
Landscape(when sliding out keyboard in home screen only)

When flashing do a full wipe, and id prefer doing a "system format" in mount and storage but i dont think you need to.

Youtube Video (espresso Sense 1.0 preview)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2o4VlBWaIE

I'd like to thank Ohgami_Ichiro and NBetcher for their Salsa slide rom. Also i'd like to thank ogo2

DOWNLOADS

If you would like to support my work, please use ad links instead. It takes 5 seconds then it redirects you to mediafire.
If not, its okay, there is still regular mediafire links. :)

Newest(CURRENT)
Espresso SS21 V2.1 Update
Link

Espresso SS21 V2
Ad Link
Mediafire Link

OLD
Espresso SS21 V1-W/Beats
Ad Link
Mediafire Link

Espresso Sense 1.1
Ad Link
Mediafire Link

Espresso Sense 1.0
Ad Link
Mediafire Link

Cetain Files People Wanted(Install in recovery)
Original Launcher
Ad Link
Mediafire Link
Salsa Launcher(landscape)
Ad Link
Mediafire Link
Make Genius Button a search button instead of Facebook
Ad Link
Mediafire Link
Make Genius Button Back To Facebook
Ad Link
Mediafire Link
Extended Quick Settings W/Brightness, Media Volume, etc
Ad Link
Mediafire Link
Original Status Bar in SS21
Ad Link
Mediafire Link
Sense 4 Ringtones
Ad Link
Mediafire Link

Changelog
Espresso SS21 V2.1
Mini Update
added some build.prop tweaks
added init.d scripts(hopefully makes it smoother
updated beats
some more little housekeeping work :)

Espresso SS21 V2
fixed bluetooth
removed Sense 4 ringtones - took up space(can download here-
Ad Link
Mediafire Link
added Rom Manager
added APPS2SD GUI APP
changed Bootanimation.

Espresso SS21
Added Beats Audio!
used Salsa Slide Rom and fixed some issues by using files from Espresso Sense
Added Sense 4 audio files
ICS animations

Espresso Sense 1.1
I fixed A.core processing force closing.
I didnt add app2sd because i thought it would be better to use an app like link2sd - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD

Espresso Sense 1.0
initial release of the port.
Tell me what you guys think :)

INFO
If you have horrible Internal memory in any of these roms its the dalvik cache, to fix this there is an app for that, in SS21 V2 i put the app in the rom but for older version you can download this app in the market - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elgubbo.a2sdGUI

To fix this go into the app and go to the dalvik tab and it has dalvik cache on SD-EXT check, if it doesnt, check it and click move! then let it reboot and go check you internal memory!

Attachments

• shot_000003.png
    shot_000003.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 1,371
  • shot_000005.png
    shot_000005.png
    73 KB · Views: 1,238
  • shot_000008.png
    shot_000008.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,186
  • shot_000009.png
    shot_000009.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,126
  • shot_000017.png
    shot_000017.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,050
  • shot_000018.png
    shot_000018.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,041
  • shot_000019.png
    shot_000019.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 987
  • shot_000020.png
    shot_000020.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 942
Last edited:

Ohgami_Ichiro

Jun 18, 2010
Tacoma
Um that's pretty much salsa slide. NBetcher and I were collaborating with Ogo and the others in that thread. The kernel they used is NB's iirc.

Sent from my unrooted, stock, Black myTouch 4G Slide using XDA Premium App.

Sefy

Jan 2, 2007
Netanya
sefy76.wordpress.com
You sure, mine works fine. what did you do and how did you install it? Did you do a system wipe?

I Always do a full system wipe (Data/System/Cache/SDExt) and then did the install with both CWM 2.0.5.7 and CWM 5.5.0.4.

It would not see my SIM card, even though it's there and after restoring my backup, it was working as usual. As for Landscape, the Rosie Launcher moved to the bottom of the screen and none of the widgets (the default ones) appeared correctly.

ThEuNdYiNg1

Dec 27, 2009
jacksonville
I Always do a full system wipe (Data/System/Cache/SDExt) and then did the install with both CWM 2.0.5.7 and CWM 5.5.0.4.

It would not see my SIM card, even though it's there and after restoring my backup, it was working as usual. As for Landscape, the Rosie Launcher moved to the bottom of the screen and none of the widgets (the default ones) appeared correctly.

No i mean like "format system" in mount and storage.
And i dont know why it doesnt reads your sim card. it reads mines perfectly fine. its probably a apn thing. also for landscape yh it does that if you slide your keyboard out in homescreen only

Reactions: mram11

Sefy

Jan 2, 2007
Netanya
sefy76.wordpress.com
And i dont know why it doesnt reads your sim card. it reads mines perfectly fine. its probably a apn thing. also for landscape yh it does that if you slide your keyboard out in homescreen only

System Wipe, means i did format the system.
I don't know why it's not reading my SIM card either, every other working rom does. I am using the Salsa Slide rom and it's working fine for me.

mojoffdawal

Jul 24, 2010
Los Angeles
For the sim card not being read, I suggest placing a piece of cardboard or something of that size between the battery and the sim card holder. I had the same issues with mine on CM7 and stock froyo toward the end of my MTS' life and placing a movie ticket stub worked. Granted, I had dropped the phone a few times in the year and a half I had it for, but it just might work. Sounds like a sweet port, btw.

It worked by adding some pressure on the sim card so it could actually make full contact with the sim card reader on the phone.

Last edited:

aaldiar

Sep 21, 2010
This particular one seems to running better on my slide. I have had some Wi-Fi issues but I hope the kernel linked in salsa solves the problem.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

bearshare

Jun 18, 2006
Just flashed this thing. It's a pity if you stop this project. This is close to a great final rom for our Slide. Working awesome, just some minor adjustments and it will be super cool. Sometimes the error acore.android jumps up no idea what it means.

Last edited:

ThEuNdYiNg1

Dec 27, 2009
jacksonville
Just flashed this thing. It's a pity if you stop this project. This is close to a great final rom for our Slide. Working awesome, just some minor adjustments and it will be super cool. Sometimes the error acore.android jumps up no idea what it means.

If you guys can help me with fixing it im definitely gonna work on it. i dont know much bout coding and fixing errors

Oakley44

Jun 23, 2010
Long time lurker/member here (since the days of the G1 and the Hero). That being said...any idea how to get installations from Astro to work??

I've only managed to install like 3 apps to the the SD.

The system files take up so much internal space that I only have a max of 12 megs free and I believe either Astro File Mgr or the native pkg installer still requires a certain amount internal available even if it's gonna end up on the SD.

It's pretty good so far otherwise.

Thanks.

shahabk818

Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I'm having this rom for a few days now and i really like it... the main reason i wanted to get rid of cm7 was... cm7 battery life was to short, some days i had to charge the phone twice in 24 hours but now i charge every 2 days. the other benefit is 3G. mobile network on cm7 is so slow and it seemed that i didn't have 3G.
great job on the rom. thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Espresso Sense & Espresso SS21

I am NOT responsible for any damage done to your phone

Espresso Sense is based of http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=987251

Espresso SS21 is Salsa slide updated with Espresso Sense files.

THEY CAN BE USED FOR DAILY USE!

Android: 2.3.3 (Gingerbread)
    HTC Sense: 2.1 with HTC Sense 3.0 Things like HTC LockScreen 3.0, HTC TaskManager, HTC FileManager and probably alot more that i dont know bout.

Rom = fast and smooth.

Working
    Basically everything.

NOT Working
    Landscape(when sliding out keyboard in home screen only)

When flashing do a full wipe, and id prefer doing a "system format" in mount and storage but i dont think you need to.

Youtube Video (espresso Sense 1.0 preview)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2o4VlBWaIE

I'd like to thank Ohgami_Ichiro and NBetcher for their Salsa slide rom. Also i'd like to thank ogo2

DOWNLOADS

If you would like to support my work, please use ad links instead. It takes 5 seconds then it redirects you to mediafire.
    If not, its okay, there is still regular mediafire links. :)

Newest(CURRENT)
    Espresso SS21 V2.1 Update
    Link

Espresso SS21 V2
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link

OLD
    Espresso SS21 V1-W/Beats
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link

Espresso Sense 1.1
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link

Espresso Sense 1.0
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link

Cetain Files People Wanted(Install in recovery)
    Original Launcher
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link
    Salsa Launcher(landscape)
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link
    Make Genius Button a search button instead of Facebook
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link
    Make Genius Button Back To Facebook
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link
    Extended Quick Settings W/Brightness, Media Volume, etc
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link
    Original Status Bar in SS21
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link
    Sense 4 Ringtones
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link

Changelog
    Espresso SS21 V2.1
    Mini Update
    added some build.prop tweaks
    added init.d scripts(hopefully makes it smoother
    updated beats
    some more little housekeeping work :)

Espresso SS21 V2
    fixed bluetooth
    removed Sense 4 ringtones - took up space(can download here-
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link
    added Rom Manager
    added APPS2SD GUI APP
    changed Bootanimation.

Espresso SS21
    Added Beats Audio!
    used Salsa Slide Rom and fixed some issues by using files from Espresso Sense
    Added Sense 4 audio files
    ICS animations

Espresso Sense 1.1
    I fixed A.core processing force closing.
    I didnt add app2sd because i thought it would be better to use an app like link2sd - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD

Espresso Sense 1.0
    initial release of the port.
    Tell me what you guys think :)

INFO
    If you have horrible Internal memory in any of these roms its the dalvik cache, to fix this there is an app for that, in SS21 V2 i put the app in the rom but for older version you can download this app in the market - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elgubbo.a2sdGUI

To fix this go into the app and go to the dalvik tab and it has dalvik cache on SD-EXT check, if it doesnt, check it and click move! then let it reboot and go check you internal memory!
    sorry about the bad zip i've already fixed it and i'm going to reupload it soon

Edit: NEW LINK!!
    yh i used salsa slide system files but salsa slide has some issues that mine doesn't

Update

I have a new update for you guys to test since i dont have this phone anymore, its a mini update so that means you install it after you install full V2 rom

leave feedback on what difference does it make

http://d-h.st/hH7 - update