[Q] why the cm rom only 160mbytes?the samsung official rom is 1.3g

Search This thread

s1573

Apr 11, 2014
i wonder why the cm rom is so small,if i wanna flash my phone, i should use the cm installer and should i need to do other thing? i' a new guy. i haven't experience about flash cm rom. thanks.

SSThing

Jan 16, 2012
i wonder why the cm rom is so small,if i wanna flash my phone, i should use the cm installer and should i need to do other thing? i' a new guy. i haven't experience about flash cm rom. thanks.

Don't even THINK about flashing your phone until you have done more reading and understand things a bit more, otherwise its a disaster waiting to happen.

As for your question, the other gig of stuff is mostly rubbish/bloatware that a lot of people don't want on their phone.

s1573

Apr 11, 2014
Don't even THINK about flashing your phone until you have done more reading and understand things a bit more, otherwise its a disaster waiting to happen.

As for your question, the other gig of stuff is mostly rubbish/bloatware that a lot of people don't want on their phone.
thanks a lot, but my mother language is not english, so some words i don't know like gig. and by the way i have experience about update my phone and root ,but i use the odin and recovery not the cm installer.

qtwrk

Sep 9, 2011
Barcelona
1.3 GB? Are you kidding me?

After installed or decompressed, it's over 2 GB!

And AOSP/CM11 only have size about 400 MB or so.

RubbaBand

Mar 24, 2014
Benghazi
i will tell you why?
because the Stock Firmware have all TouchWiz Features like : air gesture, smart stay, s beam, air view, multi-window, reading mode, smart pause, elc..

there is a lot of things in the Samsung TouchWiz
but when you look into CM its a Raw android, you just have every thing you need.

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam
On the raw 160 M you must add the Gapps (google applications ) that are some 230 M. this lead to 400 Meg that is the minimum that can be reached by removing all the real Samsung bloat ware or so called!