[Q] Wildgame Innovations Trail Tab 7'' Android Tablet VU100

Search This thread

Jouros

Aug 22, 2014
So a trail/game camera company has released this tablet little more detail right away just Google it and you can find it on their website

FEATURES:
Ideal for viewing and managing trail camera images and videos in the field
7" multi-touch screen
Built-in WiFi technology
Apps with social media capability
Android operating system
Dual-core processor
Easy, ready-to-use setup
Ultra-thin, heavy-duty design
Kryptek Highlander™ camo housing
8GB internal memory
SD/SDHC Card slot
Headphone jack
Micro USB port
Weather resistant
Model: VU100
Wildgame Innovations

SPECS:
Display: 7" color multi-touch (800 x 480 Resolution)
Audio Port: 3.5mm 10mW stereo out
Processor: 1.2 GHZ Dual Core
RAM: 1 GB
Internal Memory: 8 GB
Camera: 2MP rear camera
Operating System: Android 4.4
SD Card Slot: Standard SD/SDHC card slot (up to 32GB)
Power Supply: 5.0V/2A
Battery Life: 3-6 hours

What I'm wondering is who made it for them because I highly doubt they developed it on there own. Their web site says android 4.1 which is correct unless you buy it from dicks sporting goods they exclusively have (for now) the 4.4 version. I would really like to know how easy it would be to root this thing. I do a lot of hunting and it would be a great tool to have in the woods considering that it has the decoding software for the trail cameras android devices unfortunately cant do it on there own I've tried with my Rooted Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II SCH-i605 and my old Rooted Samsung Stratosphere SCH-i405.

Attachments

• pDSP1-19456278dt.jpg
    pDSP1-19456278dt.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 255
Reactions: Blackbadge

brademan76

Mar 24, 2015
Please help with root ideas/info

Ive tried towelroot with no success and not finding any root build anywhere online. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not a developer, so taking on the root programming on my own would be beyond me... Attached screengrab of kernel and build info.

Thx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-23-23-08-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-23-23-08-15.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 119

peteywhit

Mar 9, 2010
Successful root

Hope this isn't too late of news for ya,

I successfully rooted my VU100 on 4.4.2 using Kingo Root. I tried using Root Genius but it got stuck on 64%. I stopped Root Genius in the middle of the root and restarted my tablet with no ill effects. Then I started Kingo Root and it succeeded no problem. I just followed the directions at http(colon)//devs-lab(dot)com/2015/06/root-any-android-device-in-single-click(dot)html

I also emailed Wildgame Innovations to see if they were able to give out any info as into different OS updates, so I'm still waiting to hear about that.

Hope this info is valuable to you,
Blake

EDIT:
I was playing around trying to figure out how to create a backup of the ROM and ended up having to redo the Kingo Root and this time instead of showing "VU100" as the device, it showed "86V_HD". I did a google search and found this.. http(colon)//www(dot)androiddevice(dot)info/submission/25358/show .

It seems to follow along with everything about the device and it looks like a guy by the name of Peter Guo made the custom ROM for WGI Innovations, atleast that is what I am gathering....

Last edited:

peteywhit

Mar 9, 2010
bootloop

Now my tablet is in a boot loop because I changed some things in build.prop and there is no CWM recovery for this tablet. Be careful if you decide to root your tablet.

Blake

Blackbadge

Sep 27, 2016
Hello sorry if this out of line or off topic, novice here.
Can someone tell me how to have my podkicker storage moved and future downloads moved to my sd card. Got as far as storage options in app settings it states not recommended dont know what to do then which folders to click on do input, not seeing keyboatd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So a trail/game camera company has released this tablet little more detail right away just Google it and you can find it on their website

FEATURES:
    Ideal for viewing and managing trail camera images and videos in the field
    7" multi-touch screen
    Built-in WiFi technology
    Apps with social media capability
    Android operating system
    Dual-core processor
    Easy, ready-to-use setup
    Ultra-thin, heavy-duty design
    Kryptek Highlander™ camo housing
    8GB internal memory
    SD/SDHC Card slot
    Headphone jack
    Micro USB port
    Weather resistant
    Model: VU100
    Wildgame Innovations

SPECS:
    Display: 7" color multi-touch (800 x 480 Resolution)
    Audio Port: 3.5mm 10mW stereo out
    Processor: 1.2 GHZ Dual Core
    RAM: 1 GB
    Internal Memory: 8 GB
    Camera: 2MP rear camera
    Operating System: Android 4.4
    SD Card Slot: Standard SD/SDHC card slot (up to 32GB)
    Power Supply: 5.0V/2A
    Battery Life: 3-6 hours

What I'm wondering is who made it for them because I highly doubt they developed it on there own. Their web site says android 4.1 which is correct unless you buy it from dicks sporting goods they exclusively have (for now) the 4.4 version. I would really like to know how easy it would be to root this thing. I do a lot of hunting and it would be a great tool to have in the woods considering that it has the decoding software for the trail cameras android devices unfortunately cant do it on there own I've tried with my Rooted Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II SCH-i605 and my old Rooted Samsung Stratosphere SCH-i405.
    Please help with root ideas/info

Ive tried towelroot with no success and not finding any root build anywhere online. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not a developer, so taking on the root programming on my own would be beyond me... Attached screengrab of kernel and build info.

Thx
    Successful root

Hope this isn't too late of news for ya,

I successfully rooted my VU100 on 4.4.2 using Kingo Root. I tried using Root Genius but it got stuck on 64%. I stopped Root Genius in the middle of the root and restarted my tablet with no ill effects. Then I started Kingo Root and it succeeded no problem. I just followed the directions at http(colon)//devs-lab(dot)com/2015/06/root-any-android-device-in-single-click(dot)html

I also emailed Wildgame Innovations to see if they were able to give out any info as into different OS updates, so I'm still waiting to hear about that.

Hope this info is valuable to you,
    Blake

EDIT:
    I was playing around trying to figure out how to create a backup of the ROM and ended up having to redo the Kingo Root and this time instead of showing "VU100" as the device, it showed "86V_HD". I did a google search and found this.. http(colon)//www(dot)androiddevice(dot)info/submission/25358/show .

It seems to follow along with everything about the device and it looks like a guy by the name of Peter Guo made the custom ROM for WGI Innovations, atleast that is what I am gathering....
    bootloop

Now my tablet is in a boot loop because I changed some things in build.prop and there is no CWM recovery for this tablet. Be careful if you decide to root your tablet.

Blake