[Theme] *** Erebos (1.4)*** (JPX/U/Y/JS3/JS5/JS7/JS8)

Search This thread

wasimraja_1982

Aug 19, 2010
Looks Terrific! Installing now

Update: Installed. Looks better than the Black Android Theme. The notification panel could be a little more darker or less transparent which I think will suit this theme better. High transparency takes away that Dark Black effect.
BTW, my GB keyboard is still the same old lame one. Help Please.

I am on Darky 9.4, Ultimate Kernel 1.2 RC4

Last edited:

btje

Jul 19, 2007
solved it

I found it and solve it.

I replaced the twframework-res.apk with the one from Pele's BAT then the text was ok.

I saw that Pele's images are 60 pixels high and yours are 72.
Next i made yours smaller to 62 but then the bullet from which appears when a item is pressed is only shown half. I looked at the image and saw the error there. I removed just the button to have the same size of icon.

An other possibility is to shrink the complete image.

cytherean

Dec 12, 2010
Montreal
Looks Terrific! Installing now

Update: Installed. Looks better than the Black Android Theme. The notification panel could be a little more darker or less transparent which I think will suit this theme better. High transparency takes away that Dark Black effect.
BTW, my GB keyboard is still the same old lame one. Help Please.

I am on Darky 9.4, Ultimate Kernel 1.2 RC4
Same, I've still got the original GB keyboard.

I'm on Insanity 6.9

btje

Jul 19, 2007
Same, I've still got the original GB keyboard.

I'm on Insanity 6.9

Did you check in settings if the new one is there maybe it isn't copied over the old one. This could happen when they have different names and when one is copied to /data/app and the other to /system/app

btje

Jul 19, 2007
Lockscreen

There is a small error with the lockscreen text. when sliding the mute sound button the appeas a sliding text.

This should also happen when sliding with the unlock button. And it doesn't.

wasimraja_1982

Aug 19, 2010
If your GB keyboard is the same old one, goto system/app -> delete the GB keyboard.apk (name might be different. I had darkyy_gingerbread_keyboard) and goto recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache, apply the theme's zip file again and you should have the latest GB keyboard. It looks mindblowing.

Great work regedy1

cytherean

Dec 12, 2010
Montreal
If your GB keyboard is the same old one, goto system/app -> delete the GB keyboard.apk (name might be different. I had darkyy_gingerbread_keyboard) and goto recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache, apply the theme's zip file again and you should have the latest GB keyboard. It looks mindblowing.

Great work regedy1
Hi Guys, thanks for the input.

Upon initial install I wiped cache and davlic; I've checked the "input method" under settings and the the option isn't there to select a new keyboard. I've went into Settings-->app, no keyboard to delete except the GB, which only allowed me to clear data, so I did, back to recovery, downloaded again, cleared cache and dalvic, reflashed and nothing. :(

Any more suggestions?

Last edited:

treyy

Nov 19, 2010
nice work man. is it possible to make the swype keyborad look like the ginger keyboard?

p.s. the theme works on docs V10 rom

btw. grüssen aus NRW^^

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
How would I go about adding the keyboard as a choice in my Locale and text. I would also like to install the dialer. Could sombody give me the folders I need and where to install them. I am running a theme that is JS7, though that should have no bearing on these items.

Also does anyone have a screenshot of the settings?

regedy1

May 27, 2010
nice work man. is it possible to make the swype keyborad look like the ginger keyboard?

p.s. the theme works on docs V10 rom

btw. grüssen aus NRW^^

i'm thinking about to make the swype and the stock samsung keyboard look like the gingerbread keyboard, but i dont have time for it yet. it's so much effort :p

maybe it will come in the future ;)

regedy1

May 27, 2010
Hi Guys, thanks for the input.

Upon initial install I wiped cache and davlic; I've checked the "input method" under settings and the the option isn't there to select a new keyboard. I've went into Settings-->app, no keyboard to delete except the GB, which only allowed me to clear data, so I did, back to recovery, downloaded again, cleared cache and dalvic, reflashed and nothing. :(

Any more suggestions?

you have to use root explorer. navigate to /system/apps/... then you have to find the other gingerbread keyboards and delete them. it's not possible to uninstall it in the settings/application

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey Guys,

Here is my new Theme called Erebos. I used pele's Black Android Theme as my Base.

There are so many good themes out there, but none of theme could make me really happy, so i decided to create my own theme. This is my first theme and my goal was it to make a really simple and elegant Theme like pele did. That's why you will not find many colours in it ;)

So, what did i change?

- reworked Framework-res.apk
    - reworked twframework.apk
    - contacts.apk
    - dialertabactivity.apk
    - phone.apk
    - mediaprovider.apk
    - clockpackage.apk
    - settings.apk
    - black market
    - black glass gingerbread keyboard
    - Android Original Boot Animation

Here are some screenshots that you can imagine how it looks like:

Please make sure, that u have a backup up before flashing my theme.
    i'm not responsible for any damage.

Have fun with Erebos !!!

How to Install:

You need a deodexed Rom to install this theme !!!
    Download the Zip file and put it on your internal SD Card
    Reboot into Clockword Mod Recovery
    Choose : install zip from SD Card -> Choose zip file

Users reported that this theme works on:

DocROM JS8 9.9.5 / DocROM v11 JPK
    Darkys Rom 9.3 / 9.4 / 9.5
    Criskelo's ROM

This theme is not working on JVK !!!

Unfortunately i sold my galaxy s yesterday so there's no gingerbread version of erebos coming. I'm really sry that i can't support this thread anymore. i'm changing to the optimus speed or galaxy s II when it's out and will port my theme to one of these devices then.

Download Erebos 1.3

German Forum

Update 1.4 (5th April 2011) :

- smaller status icons
    - added flip animation
    - changed battery icon
    - changed some png's in phone.apk and clockpackage.apk
    - fixed some missing icons in gbkd.apk
    - smaller pulldown bar background png -> smoother
    - changed statusbar back to black
    - 2 battery display versions

Download Erebos 1.4

Download Erebos 1.4 with percentage display

Wallpaper and Black & White Icons recommend :

Please use the Desktop Visualizer from the android market to change the icons.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=910606

A small donation would be nice if you like my work.
    not yet. i will port this to gingerbread when GB is getting better and has less issues. my 2.2.1 runs better than any ****** GB version out there. sad but true
    Nice theme mate will this work on Darky's 9.4 rom?
    nice theme. Well done. Hope to see more from you. Also thanks to pele to make such a nice theme so that it can be used as a base for creating other themes.
    plsssssssss share me this theme links are broken !!

this link is only for the ODEX JVR version. i havent test it with other roms, since i stopped the development months ago

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7016825/Erebos_Odex_JVR.zip

i hope its working for you,

cheers