ALL LTE discussions here, where, when, how fast!

Search This thread

.Bambino

Nov 3, 2010
Charm City
So I have been getting spotty LTE coverage here and there for the past week or so. Today I had it more then ever! The speeds are amazing!! I am loving it! Beats 3G.

needspractice

Mar 17, 2008
I am not in the wrong forum. The LTE Forum Police have closed every other LTE thread and directed them to here which I have no idea why. I was in a perfect thread before they closed it.

Please read my prior posts in this thread and solve all my problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

boomerbubba

Jul 20, 2010
I am not in the wrong forum. The LTE Forum Police have closed every other LTE thread and directed them to here which I have no idea why. I was in a perfect thread before they closed it.

Please read my prior posts in this thread and solve all my problems.

No, there is an open thread right now on this subject, which you started and which has not been closed, where it belongs over in the Sprint Galaxy Nexus Q&A forum. That is the device you have. The forum you are posting in right here is for the Galaxy S 3.

And BTW, after reading all your hostile comments in various threads you have started about this issue, I can well understand why no one is particularly excited about expending effort on your behalf to "solve all my problems." Frankly, you come across as a spoiled brat with a chip on your shoulder.

Last edited:

needspractice

Mar 17, 2008
LOL! Well slap me silly and call me Sally! That was so strong I think tomorrow I'll step out the front door a new man!

Barf. You are about as strong as a soup sandwich.

Go take your big fat butt and Doritos to another thread computer dork. LOL!

rgregg504

Sep 22, 2010
44257a44-c6e4-3bc4.jpg

Spotted LTE in central Jersey, must be testing
Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Last edited:

boomerbubba

Jul 20, 2010
Ok i live in baltimore and havent seen any lte. Hiw do i make sure its enabled

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

First, be sure you are running the latest OTA update, which is LG8.

Second, go to Settings -> More settings -> Mobile networks -> Network mode -> Select LTE/CDMA. Let the phone reboot.

twkniest

Feb 18, 2011
Dallas, TX
Got 31 down and 13 up in uptown Dallas at Maple and Oak Lawn.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-22-12-51-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-22-12-51-44.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 308
  • Screenshot_2012-08-22-12-51-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-22-12-51-59.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 300

woshiweili

May 9, 2011
I've noticed I get more "4G coverage" in different parts of Houston recently. However, the speeds tend to be more 3G-like or worse. I haven't experienced tolerable 4G speeds since the first week they turned it on. :eek:

formuk

Mar 25, 2010
Arlington, TX
I'm getting some pretty nutty speeds here in Mansfield, TX. (30 miles from Dallas)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-22-17-11-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-22-17-11-01.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 437

bmoreboy02

Dec 19, 2010
BALTIMORE MD
Im at the oriole game in downtown baltimore. I uploaded a video to youtube and it was blazin fast. Caught me off guard happened to look at the signal bars and whoooaaaaa lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345929136213.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345929136213.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 405

musclehead84

Nov 3, 2010
Falling Waters, WV
Im at the oriole game in downtown baltimore. I uploaded a video to youtube and it was blazin fast. Caught me off guard happened to look at the signal bars and whoooaaaaa lol

I'm close to the baltimore stadium. I'm usually around the Catonsville area and have no lte. I'm gonna head up that way and check it out.

Sent from Galaxy SIII

bmoreboy02

Dec 19, 2010
BALTIMORE MD
I'm close to the baltimore stadium. I'm usually around the Catonsville area and have no lte. I'm gonna head up that way and check it out.

Sent from Galaxy SIII

All of 95 out to about route 100 which is catonsville/ellicott city gets lte. Im off in lansdowne but not gettin it in lansdowne. But i know downtown....fells point fededal hill is getting it. I work in silverspring and havent seen any around there. Idk about downtown DC

blackte4

Jun 24, 2008
Washington,DC
Its nothing in DC... I turn my LTE on to see what I get. I guess I will drive to bmore on Thursday to see what speeds I get. Will post then... Thanks Sprint for adding LTE in dc next... I can't wait...

titans10

Oct 14, 2007
Gator Nation
All of 95 out to about route 100 which is catonsville/ellicott city gets lte. Im off in lansdowne but not gettin it in lansdowne. But i know downtown....fells point fededal hill is getting it. I work in silverspring and havent seen any around there. Idk about downtown DC

Bmore to Silver Spring for work... thats a mean ass commute! Patiently waiting for LTE in Silver Spring.

shortbus182

Nov 26, 2008
I know for a fact, the so-cal inland empire area is currently being upgraded. I work for a company that leases space to cell towers. With that said, I was chatting it up with the verizon tech who was upgrading the land-line to the tower, and to my disbelief, he was installing two t-1's instead of fiber, which is also readily available at that location. I'm not techy enough to know what this means for lte speeds and backhaul, but I thought fiber was the way to go. I was not able to get a completion date, but I do know the process is underway.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That sucks. our Dallas LTE thread was closed and now were stuck in a General. Personally i would prefer to have a thread with each city so i can focus on my issues and location not a general every LTE discussion..
    Hope the Moderator who closed our Dallas LTE thread is reading and will open ours back up.
    I know I've said this to some folks before but for the new ones posting... the reason you are probably seeing slower speeds are due to the weak 4G signal. Your signal bars on your Android (non-CM) phone show the 1X voice/sms connection strength not the 4G LTE signal. You could be connected to a site across the street with a nice -50 signal showing all bars, but your 4G signal is barely hanging on at -120 pulling 1 megabit. Just the nature of the beast with Sprint letting us use the signal instead of sitting on the ready cell sites like other carriers do and firing them up all at once.

I recommend the Signalcheck Lite or Pro application. It allows you to see the actual signal numbers in your status bar of both the 1X voice/sms and LTE or EVDO connection at all times. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wMiwiY29tLmJsdWVsaW5lLnNpZ25hbGNoZWNrbGl0ZSJd

More info: Bars Lie for LTE Signal Strength! How to determine your actual LTE signal strength
    I've read many many many studies explaining why Wi-Fi is more battery efficient than LTE. Its a known fact from my understanding of these hard data studies.

It depends. How old are these studies, and which chipset did they use? With SoCs older than our Snapdragons, LTE was a huge battery drain, especially compared to Wifi. However, the Snapdragon S4 chip has a much more efficient LTE radio than previous SoCs, and therefore, less battery drain.

I'm sure Wifi is more battery efficient than LTE, even on our S3s. The question is "How much more efficient is it?" And the answer I've received (from myself and many other S3 users) is, "not noticeably". Considering that LTE is a lot closer to Wifi technologically than it is to EVDO, along with general advances in LTE technology, that shouldn't be a surprise.

Technology "studies" can become invalidated very quickly with the current pace of technological progress, much more so than medical or environmental studies. There have been lots of "studies" that say Android is riddled with malware, even though most folks you'll meet in your life will never experience Android malware, and the ones who do may as well have sought out the malware purposely, because you practically have to try to get infected.
    I sure hope you're not abusing your lte speeds... Otherwise those speeds won't last long.

give it 6-12 months as more cities get lte. it's only a matter of time before the abusers and people with no consideration start bogging the network which sprint in turn will implement a 1-2mbit/s cap. lets hope instead they start throttling the abusers.
    The exception here being that Sprint never promised anything. All of those dates they stated were estimates, which were given to them by the subcontractors (Alcatel/Lucent, Samsung, and Ericsson). It clearly stated that in the small print as well. A little reading never hurt anyone.

EDIT: www.sensorly.com is your best friend for determining 4G LTE coverage

obviously if i knew harrisburg had active 4g, i clearly knew about sensorly. A little deductive reasoning never hurt anyone.

saying that Sprint never promised anything is a really lame point. I never demanded that the rollout be 100% completed by December, all i did was voice major disappointment over the fact that the rollout date went from December, to January, to February, to Spring. That is the difference between reading and reading comprehension.