Oxios Memory Msg Box Prompt Disabled. Download here

Search This thread

nonegiven

Jun 21, 2007
Just make a notification to run Hibernate when you wake the device. Simple and takes no extra memory.

shantzg001

Inactive Recognized Developer
@nonegiven: Yes, that is one option, but the "run on wake up" causes on issue sometimes,i.e., it bogs down slower phones (like the HTC wizard) sometimes when a call comes in, or u need to jot down a quick note. Sp, ppl generally like to run it on its own autoamtically and frequently at regular interval, not necessarily in sync with the wake up event.

nowshining

Mar 13, 2009
Oxios developed a very useful tool for Windows Mobile (WM2003/5/6/6.1) called “Oxios Memory” sometime ago. On running it, it’ll flush your RAM (kind of) and recover substantial amounts of memory that can be used by the currently program. It is so good at this that many people run it regularly on their phones, and most of them want to run it in an automated mode (through a scheduler or a script). But the problem (so far) was that it generates a Message Box at the end for which the user has to press “OK” button to make it go away. There is no known way of disabling this message box and many attempts to work around it by scripting the “press OK” action have been very unreliable at best. Hence, it took it upon me today to remove this nagging problem and 5 minutes later we have a “clean” Oxios Memory.

Yes, no more nagging prompts :)
Download it from here: http://tech.shantanugoel.com/2008/0...-box-in-oxios-memory-apps-windows-mobile.html
If you like it, then DIGG IT by clicking here

thanks for the free memory cleaner link - i was looking all over the place for one...

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
funny thing, all these guys with their expensive toys are not able to understand, that oxios hibernate is just ok for normal wm 6.1, and usually 6.5 os-es.
whole rest of miracle-type-bull**** apps is NOT able to be that useful.

but yeah, nabs with their hd2 must tell us that again and again - "i've got hd2 if that matters", lol.

all that matters is your brain.
sophisticated app for your hd2 is just feeble nonsense for normal PDA user, understood?

Last edited:

thejackalsmark

Jul 12, 2010
WELL, I'm only a coupla years late to the party...

Nice work Shantz! I'm only now stumbling upon these 2 gems. Will definitely be using them on my mogul. I've noticed that Quick Menu's "Hibernate" function generally releases somewhat more memory than Oxios does. Anyone know what QM is using/doing to achieve this? I use QM's Hibernate via long press of Start menu soft key RELIGIOUSLY! Would love to isolate that and map a button to it instead of using oxios at all. No feature/setting in QM to do so to my knowledge.

Last edited: