[Q] Factory reset question

Search This thread

d2616ae26016

Nov 28, 2013
Hi. I have a rooted Nexus 5 with stock ROM & kernel, Xposed installed and TWRP recovery. I'd like to do a factory reset, and by "factory reset" I mean I'd like to have it as if it was brand new. No apps, no media, etc. I think I can keep TWRP, but nothing else. I'd like to have it as it was the first time I powered it on. Can I do that from TWRP? Because I know that when you do a factory reset from recovery, usually, the /data/media directory isn't wiped.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
You can not do it from twrp. I'd recommend flashing the factory image and then rerooting.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Reactions: gee2012

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
I'm looking at TWRP right now and I'm not sure which option you would use, there's format data on the main wipe screen, and when you go into advanced there's internal storage. I'm thinking you want to wipe internal storage, but someone else with knowledge of this should chime in first before you do it. I've never factory restored a phone through recovery so I'm not sure. Wouldn't locking and unlocking your bootloader with ADB accomplish the same thing?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Maybe I can't read, but why won't factory reset + intsd wipe in TWRP do what he needs?

OP was not explicit. Asked for it to be like first time powered on which I suspect was not with a custom rom or kernel. Think OP needs to elaborate on what is desired but no recovery can replace rom and kernel with the "factory reset" option

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
OP was not explicit. Asked for it to be like first time powered on which I suspect was not with a custom rom or kernel. Think OP needs to elaborate on what is desired but no recovery can replace rom and kernel with the "factory reset" option

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It seems he want's to go completely back to stock while keeping TWRP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can not do it from twrp. I'd recommend flashing the factory image and then rerooting.

Sent from my Nexus 5