R800X Bootloader CRACKED!

Search This thread

JasonKnight

Aug 6, 2007
Hamburg, PA
ok, Followed your boot unlocker, rooted the phone, quite happy.

2 problems...

when I take a screenshot it looks like

snap20110804022528.png
snap20110804022656.png

but on the phone everything looks fine.

the other problem is sometimes an app that needs root see's that the device is rooted, and other times it does not.

I did the method you mentioned,

Boot Unlocked
Blagus Kernel
Root
Stock Kernel

Blagus

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2010
Well you can try to flash generic UK again, maybe it was the user's computer fault.
I tried fastboot and it can't flash fota and amss partitions, so .sin images are the only way.

I just purchased a Xperia play on verizon, used. I would love to unlock the bootloader on this thing. This is my first phone that I have had where I can unlock the bootloader, can anyone tell me how you unlock the bootloader on this thing? Is it different with a Verizon Xperia Play then other xperia plays?

Wow... nevermind. I read the first post with ashergray saying to send meid or wait until tomorrow to find out how.....hmmmm.......I must not be awake yet....

Last edited:

NeoandGeo

Jan 25, 2011
PM'd my MEID. Damn I can't wait to get this thing cracked and rooted.

Anyone know if Wireless Tether will be able to work? That is the most important thing to me behind removing the apps I don't use.

Mills00013

Oct 12, 2007
Yes. Wireless Tether will work.

If you are using the stock kernel, verizon will still redirect the page to the "pay for tethering" page but custom kernels will remove that limitation.

The Verizon Xperia play is as free now as the OG Droid ever was. We can do anything.

Personally, I'm wanting me some freaking Ice Cream.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BOOTLOADER CRACKED!

EDIT:After discussing it with Mills and Blagus, I will not be publicly sharing my knowledge on how to crack the boot loader. This is only temporary until we(all r800x owners) can get a more permanent solution.
    maybe another week or so before anything is solid.

UPDATE:
    :( there is no longer a free solution for unlocking the play.
    please contact blagus or yifanlu to see if they have your meid on file.
    and check out the current paid solution. :/

I have attached screenshots as proof of root
    BOOT LOADER IS CRACKED
    suprisingly easy. I think I am the only unlocked Verizon play on the planet.
    Ashergray do you have anything I can use to donate money to you? :)

I never considered it. I do have a paypal account, but it isnt a merchant one, so I dont believe I can accept any donations.
    I appreciate the thought tho.
    This last couple of posts is offensive, particularly in Hogwarts' case, because I personally explained it to him. That, when he knows the truth, he chooses to lie and deceive others says a lot of him, I daresay.

The bootloader was not cracked/deciphered. The way some people got free unlocks was with the old R800i official unlocking site. Basically there was a breach which allowed MEID numbers (CDMA identificators) to be translated into bogus IMEI numbers (GSM identificators). Some big mouthed fool leaked the info, Sony Ericsson shut the site for maintenance and they fixed the exploit.

I'm sure you all like conspiracy theories, but please abstain from accusing people who gave their efforts and time so generously without any base. One of the folks involved bricked a phone for good while tinkering with the unlock thing. And that was when they didn't sell for cheap, mind you.

Dare I say, if you're living of welfare benefits, you're not buying smartphones.
    FYI, this news has already hit the front page of DroidLife: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/08/04/bootloader-unlocked-on-the-verizon-xperia-play-root-is-go/

Once proper instructions are posted this should definitely be pushed to Engadget as well!

They said it was unconfirmed. Thats funny, I am pretty sure the 50 people I sent Unlock codes to could confirm it.