[Fastboot Files] Gingerbread 2.3.4 for Droid Bionic XT875 Verizon USA

Search This thread

Dave12308

Jan 24, 2010
No one has actually tried it yet (that I know of), but my theory is that since 5.5.901 uses the same bootloader as 5.5.893, it theoretically should work perfectly fine, as reverting to this 5.5.893 kernel show not throw any boot load errors at all, and thus it should be a painless revert, unlike with 5.5.886

I tried it yesterday with RSDLite 5.6 (Windows 7 x64) with my Bionic that was on 5.9.901; and it bricked my phone.

RSDLite got to step 6 and said "Flash FAILED" - it threw my phone into fastboot, but in a "flash failure" mode that I could not get out of.

I had to use a "easier method back to upgrade path" that I found on Rootzwiki. I thought I was still screwed when it threw me back into fastboot mode when all was said and done, but then simply realized I needed to run p3droid's 901 cdt fix. It put me back to 5.5.886 and I was then able to OTA to 5.5.893 - but if I remember correctly, I had to run the 901 cdt fix again.

I meant to post about it yesterday, but getting my phone back up and running took me about 9 hours. 'Twas a long day.

Reactions: johnlgalt

addictedhacks

Jan 1, 2011
Orange County, Ca
[Fastboot Files] Gingerbread 2.3.4 for Droid Bionic XT875 Verizon USA

ro.build.display.id=5.5.1_84_DBN-62

Android 2.3.4 ---- Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US

VRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.zip

http://www.filesonic.com/file/JH2VEjb/VRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.zip

This version may wipe your user data

SHA1 - 6340F32AAABAACE91D7AD0D0FF89C6543C6D5BEC

MD5 - 659A4D737262834B563EBD6A5EFE6CF0

Can be flashed with RSD LITE.

Thanks alot guys. I appreciate it. I was running a complete ghetto hybrid stock rom and this rescued me. Now im back in business. Worked great and even better than any fxz or fastboot restore.

Dave12308

Jan 24, 2010
So I think I figured out what I did wrong.

I wasn't supposed to unzip the file myself, I was supposed to let RSDLite do it. I was unzipping it myself, and pointing RSDLite to the XML file inside the folder i'd created.

Probably screwed up some checksum or something by not letting RSDLite do the extraction.

My phone's back to normal now though, so i'm not going to try it again and see.

Reactions: johnlgalt

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
So I think I figured out what I did wrong.

I wasn't supposed to unzip the file myself, I was supposed to let RSDLite do it. I was unzipping it myself, and pointing RSDLite to the XML file inside the folder i'd created.

Probably screwed up some checksum or something by not letting RSDLite do the extraction.

My phone's back to normal now though, so i'm not going to try it again and see.

Yep, sometimes things are a lot easier than they seem. Glad to hear you're back up and running. :)

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Updated first post with newer version.

5.7.893 was one of the leaks though. Good for people still using it but would put others off the upgrade path. In any case thank you for releasing these. If you happen to come across the 5.9.901 release that'd be sweet. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

ticrandall

Oct 30, 2011
Google Pixel 5
SO before I go head and make my phone into a paperweight :) I should be able to use this to get my bionic back to, or rather too 5.5.893, from where ever, except maybe 901.

THEN

Root, Re install safe strap, restore the back up of the rom I am currently running (which is eclilpse 2.0, and is supposed to work on 5.5.893)(and, I'm coming from 5.7.893, and.. no and)

? Yes, No, Maybe?

Thanks!

Edit: Is there a benefit from doing this FXZ, vs, the steps in How to get back on the path if you took a leak ota? and.

Last edited:

johnlgalt

Nov 16, 2009
Atlanta
androidforums.com
5.7.893 was one of the leaks though. Good for people still using it but would put others off the upgrade path. In any case thank you for releasing these. If you happen to come across the 5.9.901 release that'd be sweet. :)

901 is not an official release (yet) so the FXZ is not gonna be out (yet).

SO before I go head and make my phone into a paperweight :) I should be able to use this to get my bionic back to, or rather too 5.5.893, from where ever, except maybe 901.

THEN

Root, Re install safe strap, restore the back up of the rom I am currently running (which is eclilpse 2.0, and is supposed to work on 5.5.893)(and, I'm coming from 5.7.893, and.. no and)

? Yes, No, Maybe?

Thanks!

Edit: Is there a benefit from doing this FXZ, vs, the steps in How to get back on the path if you took a leak ota? and.

Yes, the benefit is that it is a lot faster and easier, b/c there is no intervening step of going to 5.5.886, so that's three flashes (system, kernel and radio) that you don't have to do. Another benefit is that flashing this will not throw up a boot error b/c the kernel version in 5.5.893 and 5.7.893 is the same.

Basically, this allows folks on 5.7.893, 5.8.894 and 5.9.901 to revert to full stock, with much less hassle than the previous method we had worked out (they had worked out and I tested)

Apr 18, 2010
I used this to flash my Bionic back to stock because I had the Android OS battery drain bug after I had applied the initial 893 update but it still didn't fix the problem. :(

Is it possible this doesn't re-flash certain files like the kernel? I can't imagine it's a hardware issue but maybe? Surprised no one else seems to have this problem, my battery drains about 30% every 6 hours or so even just sitting idle. I was getting much better battery life on 886.

ticrandall

Oct 30, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Another success story. I did this earlier and it worked flawlessly, mostly. I had a bit of a time getting rooted again, but was able to after finding a one click root exploit for the 5.5.893 system. Re rooted, safestrap installed. At first I tried to back up my old system in the safe system which did not work. SO I backed up the stock ROM, and retried installing my back up in the non safe partition, and success! Back to where I started, but on the new radio/system, and back on the update path! Sweet

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Sorry if this has been asked already...on vacation and have missed a bit...but has the 5.5.893 version been used to revert a phone on 5.9.901 successfully? Iow to go from 5.9.901->5.5.893.

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Sorry if this has been asked already...on vacation and have missed a bit...but has the 5.5.893 version been used to revert a phone on 5.9.901 successfully? Iow to go from 5.9.901->5.5.893.

Yes but you must reflash the .901 cdt.bin after using the full FXZ of 5.5.893 or any of the other simplified methods. Despite the cdt.bin the phone will be on the official release build of all the other components, except the mbmloader.

That is as close to stock as you can be after running 5.9.901 and I don't think those pieces can be reverted.
I have, of course, been proven wrong about the boot.img reversion just recently, but the mbmloader is what actually contains the encrypted signature for the bootloader(mbm) and is what checks that signature against the OMAP SoC itself.

This cannot be reverted to my knowledge, once incremented on these new chips. On 36xx OMAPs like the DX and others, the bootloaders came as separate SBF files and the mbmloaders only appeared in update.zips.
Now the bootloader is the same for secured and unsecured hardware and the mbmloaders for both types are included in the update.zips and there is a special separate bootloader that allows mbmloader flashing that runs before everything else and only flashes the appropriate mbmloader after checking the ro.secure status of the target device.

This is the real "locked bootloader" part of the security regimen and so I very much doubt we can write to those bits.

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Yes but you must reflash the .901 cdt.bin after using the full FXZ of 5.5.893 or any of the other simplified methods. Despite the cdt.bin the phone will be on the official release build of all the other components, except the mbmloader.

That is as close to stock as you can be after running 5.9.901 and I don't think those pieces can be reverted.
I have, of course, been proven wrong about the boot.img reversion just recently, but the mbmloader is what actually contains the encrypted signature for the bootloader(mbm) and is what checks that signature against the OMAP SoC itself.

This cannot be reverted to my knowledge, once incremented on these new chips. On 36xx OMAPs like the DX and others, the bootloaders came as separate SBF files and the mbmloaders only appeared in update.zips.
Now the bootloader is the same for secured and unsecured hardware and the mbmloaders for both types are included in the update.zips and there is a special separate bootloader that allows mbmloader flashing that runs before everything else and only flashes the appropriate mbmloader after checking the ro.secure status of the target device.

This is the real "locked bootloader" part of the security regimen and so I very much doubt we can write to those bits.

Thanks for the explanation. I still maintain that 901 will have to be officially supported going forward since it was pushed to people ota so I'm not terribly concerned. But I wanted to see what the options are. The cbt.bin I understand what it is...pointers to the partitions...a table basically. So that makes sense. Definitely good to know we can go back though.

h1br1d7heory

Jun 17, 2009
I was one of the idiots that flashed 5.7.893. Would this help get me back on the right OTA path? Because right now as far as I can see I am screwed. If yes, which file do I flash with RSD?

I just want solid 3G coverage...is that so much to ask?! :(

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Yes this will quickly and easily put you back on the upgrade path.

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Use the 5.5.893 XML.zip and it will put you back on the path. It will also wipe data by default.

If you have never been on 5.9.901 it will work without any issues.

cb7tuner93

Jun 4, 2009
Y.O Baby
What's up guys, Im new to Verizon and to Motorola Droids coming from HTC's Since G1 Days, With these Fastboot zip files, Do we flash them through BOOTSTRAP. or is there another method? :confused:

Top Liked Posts