Does Lightflow work on this device?

Search This thread

jcnbama

Jun 4, 2012
Huntsville
Hey everyone! Got my G2 today. Got it rooted in like 5 mins. Almost done setting it up. One thing I can not seem to make work is Lightflow. It's kinda weird I've done everything I normally do. It's set up the same way as my Nexus 4. LED is enabled. I've tried unchecking all the stock system LED'S etc. Stock works. I've Googled it already and it doesn't seem like any kind of known issue. Accessibility is turned on. Root enabled. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I love Lightflow. :mad:

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

LTunez

May 22, 2012
Hey everyone! Got my G2 today. Got it rooted in like 5 mins. Almost done setting it up. One thing I can not seem to make work is Lightflow. It's kinda weird I've done everything I normally do. It's set up the same way as my Nexus 4. LED is enabled. I've tried unchecking all the stock system LED'S etc. Stock works. I've Googled it already and it doesn't seem like any kind of known issue. Accessibility is turned on. Root enabled. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I love Lightflow. :mad:

Yes, it does work. However, it took a while for me to figure out the proper configuration. You must leave the G2's stock LED notifications enabled, but disable all the individual apps/notifications (incoming call, missed call, etc) except for the one labeled "Downloaded apps" (make sure that one is enabled/ticked).

In Lightflow's settings, have "root mode", and "Run in foreground" enabled. Seems that "Nexus 5 force LED reset" is enabled by default, so I left that alone. "Reduce wake" is optional...seems to work either way.

For some apps to work properly (Like Facebook Messenger) you must have "Accessibility Services" enabled for Lightflow as well.

I think that should do it.

jcnbama

Jun 4, 2012
Huntsville
Yes, it does work. However, it took a while for me to figure out the proper configuration. You must leave the G2's stock LED notifications enabled, but disable all the individual apps/notifications (incoming call, missed call, etc) except for the one labeled "Downloaded apps" (make sure that one is enabled/ticked).

In Lightflow's settings, have "root mode", and "Run in foreground" enabled. Seems that "Nexus 5 force LED reset" is enabled by default, so I left that alone. "Reduce wake" is optional...seems to work either way.

For some apps to work properly (Like Facebook Messenger) you must have "Accessibility Services" enabled for Lightflow as well.

I think that should do it.

This seems reasonable enough. The only question I have is that I don’t see a "downloaded apps" option under the LED settings "see screenshot" is it located somewhere else?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393599436113.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393599436113.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 36

LTunez

May 22, 2012
This seems reasonable enough. The only question I have is that I don’t see a "downloaded apps" option under the LED settings "see screenshot" is it located somewhere else?

Hmm, well I'm on the Verizon variant, so maybe that option isn't available on yours...? It's underneath the other notifications...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-28-09-02-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-28-09-02-37.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 28

jcnbama

Jun 4, 2012
Huntsville
Hmm, well I'm on the Verizon variant, so maybe that option isn't available on yours...? It's underneath the other notifications...

Dang. Have you been updated, or was it that way from the beginning? I'm on the T-Mobile variant. Thanks for the help anyway. Maybe someone else will chime in on this too. :thumbup:

LTunez

May 22, 2012
Dang. Have you been updated, or was it that way from the beginning? I'm on the T-Mobile variant. Thanks for the help anyway. Maybe someone else will chime in on this too. :thumbup:

On the latest JB update. Not sure if it was that way before the update, since I did the update the day I got the phone (before rooting or installing any apps).

Hopefully someone else can help you.

Reactions: jcnbama

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

On the latest JB update. Not sure if it was that way before the update, since I did the update the day I got the phone (before rooting or installing any apps).

Hopefully someone else can help you.