[GUIDE] How to get a working Google Wallet

Search This thread

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
First this is a guide from the Verizon Note 2 forums, for those who don't know about it.

All Credit to WarlockLord, ogdobber, and tpmwr, and everyone else involved in this.

Visit the original thread here

Follow these steps, I have done this 3 times already and every time it works, IF you follow these steps.

I HIGHLY suggest using root explorer for this

1. Download the attached zip file, you must extract it, and place everything in their respective folders, backup your current files, rename with .bak on the end, paste the files in their respective folders from the zip. Set the correct permissions as the other files in the folder. Under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

2. Next, navigate to your build.prop in your /system and edit it to mirror the Galaxy Nexus.
ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.name=yakju
ro.product.device=maguro

3. Reboot

4. Open your app drawer, find the wallet app, from there, set it up, it will say Setting up this will take 5 minutes, you WILL get a force close.

5. From this point navigate to your /system/app and delete the wallet app.

6. Reboot.

7 Open the play store, download wallet, now set everything up, and add a card, once you have registered a card, it will say the app needs to reset. Reset it, and wait. Once you get back to the screen where you can select your account, close the app.

8. Navigate to your /data/app and delete the wallet.apk in there. DO NOT UN-INSTALL IT!!, This is crutial, ONLY DELETE IT

9. Now head back to your downloaded files from this post and paste the modaco R87 wallet apk back into your /system/app, and set the correct permissions, under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

10. Reboot.

11. Now open wallet again from the app drawer and set everything up. It should proceed with no errors if you did everything correct.

12. Once setup, reboot again and open the app again to make sure its still working, and your cards are still there.

13. If its still working, you can now change your build.prop back to
ro.product.model=SGH-I317 or SGH-I317M(which ever variant you have)
ro.product.name=t0lteatt
ro.product.device=t0lteatt

If you do not change your build.prop back to stock values, it wll probably break SNote

14. Save the build.prop and exit.

15. Profit.

Everything you need to know is in this post, if its not working, you didn't do something correctly, or you missed a step.

VIDEO HOW TO - THANKS TO YELLOWGTO

Attachments

• NoteII-lib_nfc-fix-r87.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 2,432
Last edited:

jackxlj

Jul 17, 2007
I did this thursday night, works perfect

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

cmjkxa

May 24, 2011
San diego
I was one of those who tested this out for warlocklord. Weird thing is, I re-did everything last night again just to see(going back to stock) without all those steps. I used the flashable zip(r87), replaced the build prop warlocklord uploaded when he first started it(attached). I load up wallet without crashing, everything loads and then I place back the original build.prop.

Attachments

• txt.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 224

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
I was one of those who tested this out for warlocklord. Weird thing is, I re-did everything last night again just to see(going back to stock) without all those steps. I used the flashable zip(r87), replaced the build prop warlocklord uploaded when he first started it(attached). I load up wallet without crashing, everything loads and then I place back the original build.prop.

Yea I did the same, you already had the folder in your data with saved stuff is why it worked.

However that is the verizon build.prop - I dont suggest people using it. Won't hurt, but verizon likes to block app's from the makret.

jackxlj

Jul 17, 2007
This is my first chance to use google wallet, lol its awsome.gas stations, cvs, gas stations, toys r us, mcdonalds.love using it

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Dr. Evo

May 24, 2010
Washington, DC
This going to be a really stupid and probably self-explanatory question... but I don't want to take any chance: Do you have to be ROOTED to perform this complicated procedure or can you be fully stock??

delcopa

Jan 31, 2010
This going to be a really stupid and probably self-explanatory question... but I don't want to take any chance: Do you have to be ROOTED to perform this complicated procedure or can you be fully stock??

Rooted of course you have to copy files to the system directory.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mastermindx85

Jul 19, 2007
Im on tmobile and still no luck it fails when it tries to finish the transaction

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Roundabouts

Jun 10, 2011
revemou ear

I am on step 7 now, and I think I am stuck. How long does the reset take? The progress bar is stuck on 98%, on "Removing payment cards," for about 15 minutes now.

slaydog

Dec 14, 2009
Is this something that would be able to be cooked into a rom- a working version of Wallet, or would this procedure have to be done after every flash?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

skim32

Aug 13, 2010
I originally used the original link that you posted. Those directions were a bit lacking so I ended up using the GS3 thread in combination with the original GN2 thread. It said to remove the APK. I was like, what APK, I am starting new, i don't ahve anything installed. So I assumed this person started off using the GS3 thread. So I went to the GS3 thread and flash modaco patched r87 and the GS3 NFC fix (I know, that was mistake). I then removed the APK. Then changed my build.prop. I installed the legit APK from play store. Then I opened it and activated my cards. It claimed that the app would restart on it's own, but it never did. I then just deleted the APK and then moved the modaco patched r87 into the system/app directory. Everything appeared to go well. I tried to make a payment and got a declined message at a 7-11. I then tried it at a CVS and but this time the NFC didn't even register. I then realized, I had the wrong NFC fix. So I flashed the NOTE2 NFC fix and was able to make my first successful wallet payment. Well everything ended up well so I'm happy. It seems that your directions are a little bit clearer than he original. Good luck to everyone else. I feel a little uncomfortable because my method was little dirty cuz I flashed the GS3 NFC fix first by accident. Once the new Cleanrom comes out with the multiwindow, I will try this process again from scratch and hopefully get a cleaner install.

homegeek

Nov 17, 2007
Why am I getting the message Android is Upgrading everytime I reboot my phone? Is there anyway to get rid of it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First this is a guide from the Verizon Note 2 forums, for those who don't know about it.

All Credit to WarlockLord, ogdobber, and tpmwr, and everyone else involved in this.

Visit the original thread here

Follow these steps, I have done this 3 times already and every time it works, IF you follow these steps.

I HIGHLY suggest using root explorer for this

1. Download the attached zip file, you must extract it, and place everything in their respective folders, backup your current files, rename with .bak on the end, paste the files in their respective folders from the zip. Set the correct permissions as the other files in the folder. Under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

2. Next, navigate to your build.prop in your /system and edit it to mirror the Galaxy Nexus.
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro

3. Reboot

4. Open your app drawer, find the wallet app, from there, set it up, it will say Setting up this will take 5 minutes, you WILL get a force close.

5. From this point navigate to your /system/app and delete the wallet app.

6. Reboot.

7 Open the play store, download wallet, now set everything up, and add a card, once you have registered a card, it will say the app needs to reset. Reset it, and wait. Once you get back to the screen where you can select your account, close the app.

8. Navigate to your /data/app and delete the wallet.apk in there. DO NOT UN-INSTALL IT!!, This is crutial, ONLY DELETE IT

9. Now head back to your downloaded files from this post and paste the modaco R87 wallet apk back into your /system/app, and set the correct permissions, under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

10. Reboot.

11. Now open wallet again from the app drawer and set everything up. It should proceed with no errors if you did everything correct.

12. Once setup, reboot again and open the app again to make sure its still working, and your cards are still there.

13. If its still working, you can now change your build.prop back to
    ro.product.model=SGH-I317 or SGH-I317M(which ever variant you have)
    ro.product.name=t0lteatt
    ro.product.device=t0lteatt

If you do not change your build.prop back to stock values, it wll probably break SNote

14. Save the build.prop and exit.

15. Profit.

Everything you need to know is in this post, if its not working, you didn't do something correctly, or you missed a step.

VIDEO HOW TO - THANKS TO YELLOWGTO
    Was holding off, but now must root! Damn you,XDA!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Root it. Its not "your" phone unless you root it.
    Are you ****ting me?!?
    Its hardly witholding when the information is there for all to see.
    You would rather I RETYPE a detailed, step by step post, that I posted to try to help others, so YOU dont have to exert your clicky finger and go BACK 2 PAGES..
    Sorry if I offend anyone, but go $#@& yourself. If you had even tried to look, you would've quickly discovered the posts, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Im sorry to everyone else who had to read this.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    What the step 1 instructions feel like...

how-to-draw-an-owl.png