Disappointed on your decision to make a Sony Xperia Z forum before Asus PadFone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
is not expensive if u think that u get a phone and a table i buy mine and belive me is fantastic!

It is expensive if you think you could get a Galaxy Nexus + TouchPad for half the price with TONS more development. There are many phone + tablet combinations that have actual development that will not cost near that much.

Root, CWM, deodexed stock and "custom" (which is basically just another deodexed stock from what I see) are not DEVELOPMENT.

Is there even one custom kernel, actual custom ROM, even a broken CM10 or AOKP port?

What would actually happen with a sub-forum is there would be a few Q&A troubleshooting threads and that's it.

Reactions: D.Spirit

rafael_mfr

Jul 14, 2011
Recife
What would actually happen with a sub-forum is there would be a few Q&A troubleshooting threads and that's it.

You can only say it when subforum is created already. Phone has 3 months since it was released, and ASUS doesn't have same "delivery" techniques as Samsung, LG and other brands. So actually the phone is still being getting popular around the world and it will consume a little bit of time.

There is not only Paul modaco threads. The are a few other foruns as PadfoneClub with some development stuff out there.

As XDA is the most popular forum regarding android devices, it's an unique oportunity to centralize information about this wonderful device.

Looks like grudge or something like that, as we can see locked phones with subforum already and Padfone 2 not.

By the way, I'm not crying as some ignorant people are saying, i'm just disappointed to know how things works in here.

I'm sw developer from brazilian federal government but wish could develop to android devices, unfortunatelly I don't have time for that.

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
Rafael_mfr.... I have only one question to you...

By going on like this... do you really think this is helping to your plea in any way? If you think yes.. then you are wrong.. just start making roms... if it has source released.. make kernels.. you will get forums then.. soon or later ofcourse

The forums are made when they think it will have activity and development...

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
You can only say it when subforum is created already. Phone has 3 months since it was released, and ASUS doesn't have same "delivery" techniques as Samsung, LG and other brands. So actually the phone is still being getting popular around the world and it will consume a little bit of time.

There is not only Paul modaco threads. The are a few other foruns as PadfoneClub with some development stuff out there.

As XDA is the most popular forum regarding android devices, it's an unique oportunity to centralize information about this wonderful device.

Looks like grudge or something like that, as we can see locked phones with subforum already and Padfone 2 not.

By the way, I'm not crying as some ignorant people are saying, i'm just disappointed to know how things works in here.

I'm sw developer from brazilian federal government but wish could develop to android devices, unfortunatelly I don't have time for that.

The phone has been out 3 months and there are zero custom ROMs, zero AOKP ports, zero CM10 ports, zero custom kernels.

Can you name one other phone that has ever had a forum on here that was out for 3 months without any of those things?

Reactions: D.Spirit and Deadly

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
unfortunatelly I don't have time for that.
Yet you have time to moan here about not having a sub-forum?
How about you actually take time away from the keyboard and rather than posting here about how the XDA staff are bias, you could be developing for this device and helping your cause by helping this phone get a forum.

As has already been said numerous times already in this thread, unless a decent ammount of true development happens, there won't be a sub-forum created.

Simple as that.

Reactions: D.Spirit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You seem to forget that this site is for developers, does not matter how many 'normal' users have a device its all down to the amount of developers that are interested in developing for a device

The phone has been out 3 months and there are zero custom ROMs, zero AOKP ports, zero CM10 ports, zero custom kernels.

Can you name one other phone that has ever had a forum on here that was out for 3 months without any of those things?
    Finally the guy who is making this come true is a XDA member since 2003, his nick is PaulOBrien

do you need some more?
    Yes. If it's just Paul you can easily use modaco as it's his forum.

Guys stop crying in here. XDA is a developers site.
    If you really want to have a subforum then start developing for it.
    That's the only way you'll get a dedicated forum. Constantly making +1 posts in here isn't helpful.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
    A dedicated Sony Xperia Z forum before Asus PadFone 2? I'm disappointed for the first time in XDA. There have been a LOT of requests for a separate forum for our lovely device that is already out in many parts of the world. And now you make a forum for a device that isn't even out yet! :confused:

The PadFone is very expensive for what it is, and has failed to capture the interests of developers. The Xperia Z already has developer interest. We add devices based on development potential, and as of yet we've not seen anyone who is in a position to develop that is interested.
    Pleaseeeeee create subforum

I got the phone from ebay US nd loving it without rooting nd custom rom

But trust me Asus rocks but why the moderators are being unfair for this super hero

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 2