Impossible to install Android

Search This thread

GuelleX

Jun 7, 2014
Hello,

there was Android installed before. But because it didnt boot I uninstalled Android like in the guide(video).
When I now try to put something in cminstall folder or create new cminstall, there is this issue:
i can temporary(!) delete/create and everythings seems fine. But once i plug out Touchpad and plug in again, there are the same files like before.
When i try to install with ACME command i get at the end this error on the Pad:
Unable to create unique name
Unable to locate filesystem on device "/dev/store/media".
resizefat failed! Aborting! Please reboot

I have another issue with WebOS.
I can't use Preware. When starting Preware it loads some stuff first and then there is a message at the top left:
template load failed: main/main-scene.html

Thanks for your help!

GuelleX

Jun 7, 2014
With WebOS Doctor it stops at 12% and says "We were unable to reset your phone. Please go to Palm Support for help."

When i reboot everything is like before.

GuelleX

Jun 7, 2014
It didn't help.
Same issue, it stops at 12%. But this time on pad, there is black chip on left AND hp logo in center after that. Before there was only one of it (don't remember which).
Also this command gives an "error": lvm.static vgcreate -s 8M store /dev/mmcblk0p14
The name is invalid or something (i can try it again and tell what it says exactly if necessary).

dwalk51

Aug 9, 2012
Have you tried the touchpad toolbox tool that JC Sullins came out with recently? I used it the other day quickly and flawlessly. It can rebuild the volumes for Android and/or WebOS (yes, you can wipe WebOS from the touchpad). Give it a whirl.