[RECOVERY][APP] 4-28 One-Click NvFlasher ClockWorkMod Touch 5.8.1.3/5.0.2.0/4.0.1.5

Search This thread

mansa_noob

Feb 21, 2012
Markham
Hey Guys,

I'm getting really frustrated and could use some help. My phone was freezing a lot after installing one of the ICS roms; forcing me to to do a battery pull. I turned it off so that I could use CWM to install one of my previous roms. However, it wouldn't turn on. So I got home and tried to update my One Click Nvflasher to the 9/23 version. I followed the instructions... over and over again (my fingers are killing me), to no avail.

I've tried doing w/ the sd card in, with it out, reflashing the One Click NvFlasher 9/23, reflashing my original 3.0.2.7 version. Nothing is working. It refuses to go past the "bootloader to initialize", and the phone never lights up (like it used to in the past, with the "S/W Upgrade" message.

Here's the message I get, once my fingers give out from waiting in vain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

===============================================================
One Click ClockWorkMod Recovery Flash for T-Mobile G2x
External SD Support by Koushik Dutta
Version 5.0.2.0
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:
chip name: unknown
chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3
chip sku: 0xf
chip uid: 0x033c20c142df3517
macrovision: disabled
hdcp: enabled
sbk burned: false
dk burned: false
boot device: emmc
operating mode: 3
device config strap: 0
device config fuse: 17
sdram config strap: 0

downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000
sending file: fastboot.bin
/ 1024992/1024992 bytes sent
fastboot.bin sent successfully
waiting for bootloader to initialize

Once the device is recognized in device manager (windows) you can let go of the vol +/- buttons. That should help your fingers.

If you don't have a problem with wiping internal sd you can try this approach.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1590523

I have sometimes seen this issue with a bad usb cable too.

Hope it helps.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

Last edited:

mitchkm55

Sep 11, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
Got my hands on another battery from an LG Doubleplay (also a FL-53HN) and the phone does the same thing. So it looks like I will be selling the phone for parts! Thanks all for the help!

mansa_noob

Feb 21, 2012
Markham
Got my hands on another battery from an LG Doubleplay (also a FL-53HN) and the phone does the same thing. So it looks like I will be selling the phone for parts! Thanks all for the help!

Sad to hear that. If you want to try a few outside the box ideas let me know. I have a few of those but the result may be electrically catastrophic :D.

mitchkm55

Sep 11, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
Sad to hear that. If you want to try a few outside the box ideas let me know. I have a few of those but the result may be electrically catastrophic :D.

I'm not sure I can damage it anymore than it already is, are your ideas relatively easy to do or will they eat up the rest of my night? I've already spent enough time on this stupid thing lol. Possibly selling it to someone for $120 today.

mansa_noob

Feb 21, 2012
Markham
I'm not sure I can damage it anymore than it already is, are your ideas relatively easy to do or will they eat up the rest of my night? I've already spent enough time on this stupid thing lol. Possibly selling it to someone for $120 today.

Won't eat up time. Stick in the fridge for 2 hours then try the procedure. If that does not work you can put in the oven at fifty degrees (50) for an hour our so and then try it again.

The oven one may be dangerous but fridge is ready to try.

Actually I would buy but the price is out of my range :(

Last edited:

mansa_noob

Feb 21, 2012
Markham
Won't eat up time. Stick in the fridge for 2 hours then try the procedure. If that does not work you can put in the oven at fifty degrees (50) for an hour our so and then try it again.

The oven one may be dangerous but fridge is ready to try.

Actually I would buy but the price is out of my range :(

Did you try the fridge idea?

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
5.8.1.3 Touch Port Added to One Click

Was holding off on 5.8.1.3 Touch because I like to use only 100% stable recovery images. But due to a lot of requests. Here ya guys go.

I'm using Minus for File sharing now. Let me know how it goes?

Reactions: Jeffro64

Jeffro64

Feb 6, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas
Was holding off on 5.8.1.3 Touch because I like to use only 100% stable recovery images. But due to a lot of requests. Here ya guys go.

I'm using Minus for File sharing now. Let me know how it goes?

I've been on 5.8.1.3 since it was posted and have had no problems at all it that eases your mind on it being stable. But I know what your saying... Thanks for the update anyways!

Utorrent76

Oct 23, 2010
Can't download file by clicking link in the op. Says "File does not exist or is unavailable".

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Objective:
    Thought I would create an app to try to make it easier to flash the ClockworkMod to your phone so you can get to recovery without having to use ROM Manager. This app will also let you revert back to Stock Recovery.

• Flashing the custom recovery using NvFlash is the only way to ensure that in the case your phone will not boot up, you will be able to get into recovery to fix the issue / flash a ROM / restore from nandroid backup. That is what this app will do for you.

If you flashed the ClockworkMod recovery from ROM Manager it does not flash the recovery to your phone, it fake flashed it. The only way you can gain access to ClockworkMod recovery is through ROM Manager at that point. Using this method is the only way to flash recovery so it is persistent and accessible booting to recovery.

If you have already flashed through ROM Manager you can still proceed with this method. Flash Away!
      (You can use both ROM Manager CWM and have the nvflashed version working together. You just access either or one at a time, having the nvflashed one means you can boot to CWM. Welcome to Tegra2)

Credits:
    Thanks goes to player911, djmcnz, ctso(Chris Soyars) and mapin0518 for their contributions!
    Thanks goes to omarsalmin for posting the guide and pulling it together for us!
    Thanks goes to David Cogen at Unlockr for creating a video tutorial for this app!
    Thanks goes to Krylon360 for his original modding work.
    Thanks goes to RussUnderHill for his touch port.
    And of course thanks (as always) goes to Koushik Dutta for developing ClockworkMod Recovery!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krylon360's Updates to CWM 4.0.1.5

• Ext4 Support
    • Internal SD ROM Flashing Support
    • Internal Nandroid Backup Support

Koush's updates to CWM 5.0.2.0

• New option for flashing from the internal memory! When you choose "install zip from sd card" there is now an option "choose zip from internal SD card".
    • External Only Nandroid Backup Support.
    • EXT4 Support
    • Fixes a bug where root is sometimes lost during a ROM restore.

CWM Touch Port from P990 updates to CWM 5.8.1.3

• Touch Interface
    • Experimental

Procedure:
    If you came here first, go here and read the getting started before flashing this recovery: GETTING STARTED GUIDEhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1060715
    This process consists of 2 steps.
    1. Install the windows driver.
    2. Flash the Recovery using the OneClick App.
    *** You will need to have .Net Framework 2.0 or above installed. ***

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

VIDEO:
    • You can watch a Video provided for us by the UnLockr for a walk-through of how to use the One-Click ClockworkMod Recovery Flasher. (Thanks Dave!):cool:
      Click on The UnLockr Image to watch the video:(Video is no longer relevant pertaining to entering recovery from boot. And the buttons you can click.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One-Click ClockworkMod Recovery NvFlasher​

oneclickt.jpg

****Warning I am not responsible if you brick your phone!****

Instructions:
    Extract the package:
    1. Extract the One-Click-G2x-recovery-flasher-04-28-12.rar to some location of your choosing.

Nvidia NvFlash APX Driver
    Nvidia-Tegra-2-Logo-150x150.jpg

• Unlike a lot of Android phones out there the Nvidia Tegra2 chipset require additional drivers in Windows to support low level flashing.

Install APX Windows driver from APX folder.

(Windows x86 and x64 O/S Drivers):
    ****If you are running VmWare kill it.****
    1. Remove the battery.
    2. Plug in your USB cable to your PC.
    3. Hold Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time keeping them held down.
    4. Plug in the USB cable to your phone. (Keep the buttons held until Windows detects a new APX device.)
    5. Open Device Manager in Windows and you should see "APX Device" listed with an error icon.
    6. Right click on the APX device.
    7. Select 'Update driver software'.
    8. Select 'Browse my computer...'.
    9. Select 'Let me pick...'.
    10. Select 'Have disk'.
    11. Browse to directory you extracted the *driver* software to: One-Click-G2x-recovery-flasher-04-28-12\APX.
    12. Accept any warnings, including the big red alert (you may need to disable UAC).
    13. Now in Device Manager under 'USB Controllers' you should have an 'NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for mobile devices'.
    14. If not, uninstall the driver, reboot, rinse and repeat.

Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
    images

1. Remove the battery.
    2. Goto NvFlash directory and Double Click "OneClickRecoveryFlasher.exe".
    3. Make sure the USB cable is unplugged from your phone.
    4. Hold Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time keeping them held down. (Keep them held until you see the "S/W Upgrade" screen on your phone after you complete step7!).
    5. Plug in the USB cable to your phone.
    6. Click the "Flash CWM" button of your choosing. If you own a External SD card I suggest to choose version 5.0.2.0. This gives you Internal and External SD Support for ROM flashing but has External SD Nandroid Backup Support Only! If you do not own a External SD Card choose version 4.0.1.5 what has full Internal SD support for flashing ROMS and Nandroid backup.
    7. You should see it send a bunch of files to the device and the phone screen should say "S/W Upgrade - Please wait while upgrading...". Once the files are sent and the program is finished running in the command window, you can just pull the USB cord while it still says "S/W Upgrade - Please wait while upgrading...".
    8. Put the battery back in and you can now boot into Recovery. (see below..)

Booting into ClockworkMod Recovery
    clockworkmod-logo.png

1. Power off your phone.
    2. Hold Vol Down + Power.
    3. Keep holding them, as soon as you see a "Blue LG Graphic" logo let go of the buttons.

Restore LG G2x Stock Recovery
    lg_logo.jpg

• Flash Stock recovery only when you want to send your phone in to T-Mobile. Otherwise do not flash Stock recovery. Stay on ClockworkMod Recovery.

1. Remove the battery.
    2. Goto NvFlash directory and Double Click "OneClickRecoveryFlasher.exe".
    3. Make sure the USB cable is unplugged from your phone.
    4. Hold Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time keeping them held down. (Keep them held until you see the "S/W Upgrade" screen on your phone after you complete step7!).
    5. Plug in the USB cable to your phone.
    6. Click the "Flash Stock" button.
    7. You should see it send a bunch of files to the device and the phone screen should say "S/W Upgrade - Please wait while upgrading...". Once the files are sent and the program is finished running in the command window, you can just pull the USB cord while it still says "S/W Upgrade - Please wait while upgrading...".
    8. Put the battery back and you are done.

Take it easy guys! I was a pleasure working with all of you.

I am moving on to another device Galaxy S IV.

PM me if you have any support questions.
    Nice!! Thank you, sir!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
    in the extracted folder,someone could place recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.7-p999.img in there and edit the FlashCWMRecovery.cmd to
    nvflash.exe --bct E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct --bl fastboot.bin --download 5 cwm-recovery-recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.7-p999.img and it should work,correct?

I will wrap it up and add it to my app.

EDIT: OK Done Deal
    could you set it to a variable that allows you to enter a file path to a recovery image and it just flashes that? rather than just the two hard-coded options

I will keep it updated with the latest versions. Soon there will be just one.
    ClockworkMod Version 4.0.0.2 is now apart of One-Click-App. I had to do a quick piecemeal on my laptop since i am out of town looking for a house, buying a house and moving. Don't worry about the file versions in the dir. It is 4.0.0.2, I tested it.

Feel free to flash right on top of existing versions.

Sry for the delay.

Have fun!