Xperia Z2 *****Official Netherlands thread*****

Search This thread

Cena99

Apr 1, 2013
Since every country has different issues and different update timing i suggest start this thread only for Netherlands users of Xperia Z2.. please share your experience with the Z2 here..

Sent from Sony Xperia Z2 using XDA App

My experience with the device so far is good, i like it. Got it (black version) from Vodafone with contract.
I'm using it for about 3 weeks now and in my clumsiness already dropped it twice (I know ....:eek:), but no damage whatsoever. :victory:
It does look as though the frontglass lays/is glued a tiny little bit crooked in the frame, but it's not noticeable, only if you look veeery carefully.
Second thing i noticed, which is buggin' me a little bit, is the volume down button isn't as clicky as the volume up button.
Last thing, i have had the "sd card unexpectedly removed'' (sandisk 64 GB) error quite alot lately. Yesterday i have replaced it with the one i had in my Xperia tablet Z and so far so good.
So i guess it was the card itself giving problems and not the phone.
As seen in my signature i'm rocking RomAur with Doomkernel in combination with gravitybox and it works great.
I still mis my Nexus 5 though as it's stil the finest phone i ever owned / used, but i'm turning into a phonefreak so next stop will, i think, be the Oneplus One :laugh:

EDIT: Oh yeah... i forgot. There was no dock in the box, only the noise canceling earbuds. That was very disappointing !!

Last edited:

Cena99

Apr 1, 2013
My experience with the device so far is good, i like it. Got it (black version) from Vodafone with contract.
I'm using it for about 3 weeks now and in my clumsiness already dropped it twice (I know ....:eek:), but no damage whatsoever. :victory:
It does look as though the frontglass lays/is glued a tiny little bit crooked in the frame, but it's not noticeable, only if you look veeery carefully.
Second thing i noticed, which is buggin' me a little bit, is the volume down button isn't as clicky as the volume up button.
Last thing, i have had the "sd card unexpectedly removed'' (sandisk 64 GB) error quite alot lately. Yesterday i have replaced it with the one i had in my Xperia tablet Z and so far so good.
As seen in my signature i'm rocking RomAur with Doomkernel in combination with gravitybox and it works great.
I still mis my Nexus 5 though as it's stil the finest phone i ever owned / used, but i'm turning into a phonefreak so next stop will, i think, be the Oneplus One :laugh:

EDIT: Oh yeah... i forgot. There was no dock in the box, only the noise canceling earbuds. That was very disappointing !!

Nice Experience , mine i got it with KPN with 3Gb for 45 euro, but without minutes which sometimes i regret it :( . but anyone the phone is great and the battery amazing but one thing is bothering me that the screen edge from the right side has a gap , its small you can't notice unless u look closely but its there and i test it with water and no problem.. its great phone with 4G Lte internet..

pr0jesse

Jan 26, 2013
working fine!

It's working great! I got it at coolblue with a T-mobile 2gb contract for 31 Euros per month and the Z2 was €12 (Yes i know!!:D) the only minus for me is the storage, ive got a 64gb sd card, but i cant put apps on it....
I want to root it and flash a custom rom, what for rom (and kernel) do you advise?

It's working great! I got it at coolblue with a T-mobile 2gb contract for 31 Euros per month and the Z2 was €12 (Yes i know!!:D) the only minus for me is the storage, ive got a 64gb sd card, but i cant put apps on it....
I want to root it and flash a custom rom, what for rom (and kernel) do you advise?

It depends on your firmware. For now my choice goes to RomAur, which is based on .402.
But i'm anxiousy waiting for a stable and bugfree release of Carbon ROM (or maybe in the future SlimKat) :laugh:

Reactions: pr0jesse

paras

Apr 15, 2007

I agree with u on nexus as I own both z2 and nexus 5.I love both the phones but the performance nexus 5 gives me on ART is unreal.

Sent From My Nexus 5 Stock 4.4.2 ART

Reactions: Myrrhman
I agree with u on nexus as I own both z2 and nexus 5.I love both the phones but the performance nexus 5 gives me on ART is unreal.

Well, to be honest, i've never tried ART yet. But the N5 was still flying on Dalvik.
Had (stil have;)) SlimKat ROM on it with useally Franco kernel or Slim's own kernel.
Weird though that the Z2 doesn't support ART, weird choice Sony made there. :confused:

rutgerhoorn

Oct 21, 2010
I got mine at belcompany (Vodafone) one week ago and it seems i have the 402 update.
8uneqy6e.jpg

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Yep, same here. Already have the update some time ago, but only through PC Companion (for me atleast).
Had to download it with the Companion and convert it to a FTF file with flashtool, because of unlocked bootloader.
Anyways, you guys are not the only ones ---> http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperi...A-0-402-start-rolling-out/td-p/690917/page/15

[edit] Ok, it seems these people (from the link) are getting the update now

Last edited:
Reactions: rutgerhoorn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since every country has different issues and different update timing i suggest start this thread only for Netherlands users of Xperia Z2.. please share your experience with the Z2 here..

Sent from Sony Xperia Z2 using XDA App
    Thanks! But what do you mean with .402?
    .402 is short for 17.1.1.A.0.402,the latest Sony update for Z2

It depends on your firmware. For now my choice goes to RomAur, which is based on .402.
    But i'm anxiousy waiting for a stable and bugfree release of Carbon ROM (or maybe in the future SlimKat) :laugh:

Yep, same here. Already have the update some time ago, but only through PC Companion (for me atleast).
    Had to download it with the Companion and convert it to a FTF file with flashtool, because of unlocked bootloader.
    Anyways, you guys are not the only ones ---> http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperi...A-0-402-start-rolling-out/td-p/690917/page/15

[edit] Ok, it seems these people (from the link) are getting the update now