flash write failure

Search This thread

r4ff0r

Nov 2, 2010
Dear guys,

due to problems within this morning, i restarted my phone to wipe dalvik/cache.

But it occured that TWRP somehowe needs to have a password (which i didn't ever set though).

Didn't boot up at all now. Even with toolkit no chance to do anything with the device.

Any further suggestions/ideas?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 37

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Try flashing the factory image without using a tool kit. Google nexus 4 factory image. Download it to your pc and extract it. Run the flash-all.bat you'll find in there.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Reactions: r4ff0r

NABENDU1

May 31, 2012
MUMBAI
Dear guys,

But it occured that TWRP somehowe needs to have a password (which i didn't ever set though).

Didn't boot up at all now. Even with toolkit no chance to do anything with the device.

Some Partitions of the phone have got some bad blocks causing it to act in such a way !! Seems RMA(if available) is the best recourse since there is no definative solution to this problem !! You can try hard reboot as well as someone once pointed out that his n4 magically restored during it but others dint have that much of luck !! Also u could give LGNPST a try but since that also writes the partition it is highly unlikely to get you through !! One Solution I know will surely work is Qualcomm PST using the HighSpeed USB Device . But unfortunately we need an expert help, probably a Qualcomm employee to get in touch with since the tool has still not been cracked by anyone for n4 though I read somewhere that someone was able to restore using QPST !! Also mostly a JTAG Repair can help you but thats a rip off !! I'll anyday prefer a official LG/Google Repair over a JTAG !!

Hope you find my post useful !!

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
THanks Guys,

JD5, it didn't work.

Corresponding to Nabendu's post i guess it is the issue mentioned here.

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/help/dead-nexus-4-strange-advice-welcome-t2259334

So therefore i don't see any chance :-/

I was afraid of that. Try one thing. Relock the bootloader, fastboot oem lock, then re-boot and see if the bootloader locks. If it doesn't, and it probably won't, then rma is your option.

Edit, haha, I just read that thread you posted and they tried the same thing

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:

r4ff0r

Nov 2, 2010
i was already trying that. at first it seems that the bootloader got locked again but right after restart it is already unlocked again.

I guess RMA will cause problems due to the fact that it was a rooted Nexus, using a custom rom.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
i was already trying that. at first it seems that the bootloader got locked again but right after restart it is already unlocked again.

I guess RMA will cause problems due to the fact that it was a rooted Nexus, using a custom rom.

Google seems to have been pretty good with rma's when it's a hardware failure. Pretty sure your emmc is borked. But you never know until you send it in. Hopefully there won't be a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5

r4ff0r

Nov 2, 2010
Ok I'll give it a try on monday. But as far as i know, i'll need to call them first.

I could imagine that they'll try to let me wipe my data or give me any kind of instructions to see if they can resolve the problem right away? What do i tell them?
At latest when they'll lead me to the recovery i'll get stuck using TWRP at latest.

Any kind of conversation dialogue i can follow up? :D

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Let's try one more thing, inside the factory image is a zip file, extract that. In there is recovery.img. Put that file in the same folder as fastboot.exe. In fastboot try fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

If it works it'll put the stock recovery on.

Sent from my Nexus 5

r4ff0r

Nov 2, 2010
Nope, same issue " flash write failure"

I can't get any kind o access...

But don't leave any more thoughts on it. Won't work though, i won't want to bother you all the time ;)

NABENDU1

May 31, 2012
MUMBAI
Let's try one more thing, inside the factory image is a zip file, extract that. In there is recovery.img. Put that file in the same folder as fastboot.exe. In fastboot try fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Sent from my Nexus 5

It won't let you flash that either to the best of my knowledge !! Just don't tell those operators that you have unlocked your bootloader and have a custom recovery !! Basically they won't tell u to go into stock recovery !! They'll just ask you hard reset the phone using physical keys !! Bdw check my pm !!

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Nope, same issue " flash write failure"

I can't get any kind o access...

But don't leave any more thoughts on it. Won't work though, i won't want to bother you all the time ;)

Np, not sure what to tell them. It still boots I assume so you can't tell them it won't boot. I guess just the truth, it is a developer phone after all so it should be flashable

Sent from my Nexus 5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try flashing the factory image without using a tool kit. Google nexus 4 factory image. Download it to your pc and extract it. Run the flash-all.bat you'll find in there.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    Dear guys,

Some Partitions of the phone have got some bad blocks causing it to act in such a way !! Seems RMA(if available) is the best recourse since there is no definative solution to this problem !! You can try hard reboot as well as someone once pointed out that his n4 magically restored during it but others dint have that much of luck !! Also u could give LGNPST a try but since that also writes the partition it is highly unlikely to get you through !! One Solution I know will surely work is Qualcomm PST using the HighSpeed USB Device . But unfortunately we need an expert help, probably a Qualcomm employee to get in touch with since the tool has still not been cracked by anyone for n4 though I read somewhere that someone was able to restore using QPST !! Also mostly a JTAG Repair can help you but thats a rip off !! I'll anyday prefer a official LG/Google Repair over a JTAG !!

Hope you find my post useful !!
    THanks Guys,

JD5, it didn't work.

Corresponding to Nabendu's post i guess it is the issue mentioned here.

http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/help/dead-nexus-4-strange-advice-welcome-t2259334

So therefore i don't see any chance :-/

I was afraid of that. Try one thing. Relock the bootloader, fastboot oem lock, then re-boot and see if the bootloader locks. If it doesn't, and it probably won't, then rma is your option.

Edit, haha, I just read that thread you posted and they tried the same thing

Sent from my Nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5

It won't let you flash that either to the best of my knowledge !! Just don't tell those operators that you have unlocked your bootloader and have a custom recovery !! Basically they won't tell u to go into stock recovery !! They'll just ask you hard reset the phone using physical keys !! Bdw check my pm !!