AirDroid Strange Phenomenon

Search This thread

maxlieb

Sep 16, 2011
I'm using AirDroid and It works just fine.
One thing I noticed - ever since I installed It when I get my lock screen pattern wrong more than 2 times there's a camera shutter sound and sometimes you can see the camera app for 1/2 a second before it disappears... wtf?

I'm sure It's AirDroid because I removed it and made sure problem was gone then restored it (titanium) and problem was back.

asdfvtn

Feb 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I haven't used airdroid for about a year, but I know many (security) apps have the feature where if somebody types the wrong password a set number of times, the front camera takes a picture and location and sends it to the registered account email, if available.
I assume airdroid has the same feature.

AirDroid Support

Apr 22, 2014
This is a standard feature in AirDroid. It's called Intruder.

If you've enabled Find Phone in AirDroid, then a photo will be automatically taken when someone tries but fails to unlock the device. After two consecutive failed attempts or if the device is not unlocked within 2 mins of the first failed attempt, the photo will be uploaded to your AirDroid account to help you find who's trying to unlock your device.

The feature is also documented in AirDroid support center.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anstar1992

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a standard feature in AirDroid. It's called Intruder.

If you've enabled Find Phone in AirDroid, then a photo will be automatically taken when someone tries but fails to unlock the device. After two consecutive failed attempts or if the device is not unlocked within 2 mins of the first failed attempt, the photo will be uploaded to your AirDroid account to help you find who's trying to unlock your device.

The feature is also documented in AirDroid support center.